For all those checking in May 22!!

i gotta get out of this town!!! i know that's all i ever say when i post, but it's so lame here. :confused3

i said my first goodbye tonight and while i know i won't really miss this person, it still hit me kinda hard...but honestly i go to school for months at a time (even tho i live a little more than an hour away from NYU and my dad works uptown)...but i think it's just b/c i don't really know what to expect and i hope to make a lot of new friends in WDW :grouphug:

anyway, i'm watching A&E's "MOdern Marvels" right now and it's all about DL and WDW...it's really interesting. :earboy2:

Hey I saw some of that WDW special too, good stuff. I can't believe that the 22nd is almost here. It seems like the past few months have crawled by, and all of a sudden I'm leaving home in 3 days. I've never left my hometown for more than a week or so, so this is crazy. Anyways, I guess we'll all be meeting up pretty soon, see yall down there.

hey yall,
well we are running out of time (yay almost there!) so i think if we wanna meet up we need to come up with a date, time, and place asap. Do yall wanna do the night before we check in (not sure if everyone will be able to be there though), the day we check in, or a couple of days after (when we have our CM id's). I am not sure of what our schedules are like so I dunno what evening is the "most available". But let's pick something soon!!

sugahappy said:
hey yall,
well we are running out of time (yay almost there!) so i think if we wanna meet up we need to come up with a date, time, and place asap. Do yall wanna do the night before we check in (not sure if everyone will be able to be there though), the day we check in, or a couple of days after (when we have our CM id's). I am not sure of what our schedules are like so I dunno what evening is the "most available". But let's pick something soon!!
hmm, this is sort of difficult because i don't know how it works either. personally, i am up for meeting anyone who will be there the night before b/c i'll be there earlier. (so that's one option we could have IN ADDITION to meeting up later.)

in some ways, it might be best to just do it in the beginning when we don't have our ids or have to work because our schedules are going to be so crazy after that.

i say, let's just plan on the night of check in (May 22nd). Let's just meet some place in Downtown Disney or whatever at like 8pm or something... I dunno...

Flower4Pwr said:
I honestly don't think I want my campus rep badge because I would still have to return it before I got my Work ID. Or is that not right? What I'm hoping is that they let me just get my work ID after I check in. I still have an old work ID so either way I'm sure I'll find myself waiting in that hot little room sometime the first 2 days. can't wait! :cheer2:

They have changed the rules a bit for Campus Reps (this info was current as of last fall when I picked up my rep "Badge"). You can no hold your rep Badge and a work ID at the same time. I was told this was ok because it was becomming to much of an ordeal trading them in and out. Thats why the redesigned the badge to what it looks like today (pretty much plain white with no Mickey or Disney written anywheres on it, where no one really knows what it is, which is the down side about it).

So go email them ASAP and pick up your badge!

okay so that sounds good so far... how about may 22nd, like 8pm, somewhere in downtown disney....somebody pick a place cause i dunno anything there!!

I have no idea about cost or if we can get our discounts yet... but I do know that a new Irish restaurant/pub opened up in the West Side. "Raglan Road" or something I believe?

Well, I looked at the Official Downtown Disney website and all of the restaurants are pretty much in the $15-29 range (with the exception of either the quick service foods or the higher cost restaurants).

The Raglan Road restaurant is listed under one of these and it sounds pretty cool. It says, "Feel the luck of the Irish at this authentic pub and restaurant with jovial charm, homey atmosphere and cheerful service. There is always reason to celebrate at this jolly watering hole, with four elaborate bars, traditional dancing and storytelling, and live Irish music that kicks the party into high gear. Gastronomic delights feature traditional Irish fare with a modern twist. " Check out the official link here.

I think meeting in front of the Raglan Road restaurant @8pm on May 22nd sounds good. What do you guys think? And how will we be able to know who's from this board?

FYI - I messed up, Raglan Road is in Pleasure Island, not West Side, but according to the WDW website, you do not need to pay for admission to PI if dining at the restaurant.

For those of you curious, I also dug up a menu, available here (current as of 03/2006).

I like the idea of meeting, but what if we do not have a car? Can we still take Disney transit to get there? Or do we want to plan on meeting somewhere still back at the complexes?

this irish place sounds great to me, and i'm up for meeting there at 8 on monday night. it's at pleasure island?? as long as there is a way for everyone to physically transport themselves to PI i think this idea sounds good...

Hi everyone. I also arrive on the 22 and I just left Disney in January doing an AI. I'll be working in merchandise. I'm flying from Detroit and I should get to vista around noon. Going to the Pub at pleasure Island sounds good. Its a great location and even if you don't have a car you can take the buses to PI. Its a monday night and if I'm not mistaken monday's are still the free night at PI so lots of ppl will be going. Hope to see everyone down there. I'm packing right now so I gotta run. Oh and my name is Keli.

ckelibeauty said:
Hi everyone. I also arrive on the 22 and I just left Disney in January doing an AI. I'll be working in merchandise. I'm flying from Detroit and I should get to vista around noon. Going to the Pub at pleasure Island sounds good. Its a great location and even if you don't have a car you can take the buses to PI. Its a monday night and if I'm not mistaken monday's are still the free night at PI so lots of ppl will be going. Hope to see everyone down there. I'm packing right now so I gotta run. Oh and my name is Keli.

Hey Keli! I hope to see you down there. And thanks for the bit about the buses! :) I'm packing right now too... ahh! :)

omg yeah packing was really hard...haha i'm in NC for two days and we have 5 suitcases b/c we're going straight to Orlando from here. anyway, meeting up sounds awesome! i'm excited, but yeah, how will we know who's who? i'm sure we'll figure it out

and where is everyone living? i'm still debating it in my mind, but i think i'm leaning more toward Vista...not sure still. :confused3

ugh not loving NC, but at the end of this trip is WDW... :rolleyes:

hooray :yay:

Disabelle said:
omg yeah packing was really hard...haha i'm in NC for two days and we have 5 suitcases b/c we're going straight to Orlando from here. anyway, meeting up sounds awesome! i'm excited, but yeah, how will we know who's who? i'm sure we'll figure it out

and where is everyone living? i'm still debating it in my mind, but i think i'm leaning more toward Vista...not sure still. :confused3

ugh not loving NC, but at the end of this trip is WDW... :rolleyes:

hooray :yay:

i'm leaving to go to fl tomorrow morning and i'm still not done packing... eeee... i'll be okay though.

about living, i really don't know. i go back and forth like every day. in some ways, i want disney to just decide for me. i think i want to live in chatham, but i think i'll be okay no matter what.

eeeek i have one day to pack everything. so scary. i kinda think i want to live in chatham. i like the sound of newer apartments :) and from what i've gathered it sounds like the chatham 3 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms while the vista ones only have 2, but i am not sure if this is correct or not...

sugahappy said:
eeeek i have one day to pack everything. so scary. i kinda think i want to live in chatham. i like the sound of newer apartments :) and from what i've gathered it sounds like the chatham 3 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms while the vista ones only have 2, but i am not sure if this is correct or not...

yeah... hey, so... how many people are you guys thinking about living with? i think i want to do 4-6 people...

I'm going to ask for Chatham but at the end of the day they're all just dormitory apartments. I'm hoping to only have a 4 person apt, six max. I've never shared a bedroom with anyone so this is going to be an awakening. This is all so surreal right now, I mean we are going to be living and working at WDW in 2 days. The packing is a lot easier though than a vacation, I'm just throwing everything in to a lawnmower box and not even thinking.

I've only lived in two bedroom apartments for both of my programs so I think I'm going to try and stick to tradition. I'm not sure I can live will more than 3 other people.

My car is loaded and I'm ready to ROLL!! I checked the cast portal and they posted my schedule so I think Disney is ready for me too! LOL
:cheer2:

OMG, Keli! I think you are stalkin' me or something! You need to come to dinner with Nick and I on Monday...We are thinking Sonnys!!
This is your favorite Northbridge roomie, BTW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter