I'm so glad that Danielle is getting her happy ending, especially after the devastating way her DCP ended! I felt so terrible for all the kids who experienced that :( Their posts and videos on social media just broke my heart!!

Some day when I retire from teaching Kindergarten, my game plan is to move to FL and work at the Emporium on Main Street. I wish I had known about the college program when I was actually in college!! It is definitely something I would have taken full advantage of!

Get him to watch The Wedding Singer with you.

Oh, he has seen it. We like a good Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore movie.

I think free is pretty good over "Buy your own stuff".

I totally agree.

You... what???

I know, it's so hard to believe.

Whoa. You can't argue with the price point.

I wish I could. Fuzzy Disney Math is so hard to overcome.

Totally get that. I've heard a few comments about queasiness, but...

Fingers crossed.

Exciting times for Danielle and I'm sure it will do you good to see her settled in her new home.

We both need this.

Disney prices are getting ever scarier these days :scared1: Glad you found somewhere reasonable to stay and that you get to play in the parks for a day.

I'll take what I can get, but I keep pushing for 1 more day. Dominic is getting baptized that Sunday so we really need to be on the Friday.

I'm so glad that Danielle is getting her happy ending, especially after the devastating way her DCP ended! I felt so terrible for all the kids who experienced that :( Their posts and videos on social media just broke my heart!!

Thank you! It was so heart wrenching for the kids sent home and the kids that were set to come and could not.

Some day when I retire from teaching Kindergarten, my game plan is to move to FL and work at the Emporium on Main Street. I wish I had known about the college program when I was actually in college!! It is definitely something I would have taken full advantage of!

I like your plan. Dennis has pitched moving there after retirement and working at Disney. I went to a DCP information meeting with Michelle when she was in college. She wanted to do it but didn't want to be a semester behind and she was worried about being able to pay her current bills.

Guess what? I'm not staying on Disney grounds.
I mean it makes sense...

She has to be out of Disney housing by 10 am on June 11th and can't move into her apartment until June 13th. She will be sharing a 4 bedroom apartment with 3 friends. They wanted to get a house but had no luck finding what they needed to meet all their needs. She will be storing her stuff with friends who are already in apartment and sleeping on couches.
So glad she isn't going to be homeless! She's young, sleeping on couches is still acceptable...

And he still takes the window seat? Make him watch it again... and replay the airplane scene a few times

I wish it would help.

Who even are you????

Aliens have taken over my brain, or I'm getting some commonsense.

Good luck!

I'm going to need it.

I mean it makes sense...

But so does fuzzy Disney math, right?

So glad she isn't going to be homeless! She's young, sleeping on couches is still acceptable...

She'll be sleeping with friends for a few nights. I got the chance to meet some of them in April and they're all great. These group all left the CP program in January and are working part-time and full-time for Disney. We're trying to get her to buy a new mattress so we have less to move down and she'll have something to sleep on for the week or so until we get there.

I know I started this report with the sad story of Danielle's abrupt ending to her DCP when Covid shut the parks and world down. I wanted to make sure everyone knew we did have a happy ending. She came back home and completed her senior year at LSU. She did go through lots of anxiety since she did not know what she was going to do once she did graduate. Her dream was to work for Disney. She graduated with a History degree and a minor in social work. She was offered to go back to her high school and teach History. We have a program where you can start teaching with a degree and earn your teaching certificate.
I am so glad she had a happy ending. :)
Her PI ends on June 11th and she starts with Disney officially June 12th. She did her PI at Backlot Express and has accepted a leadership position there. Her dream has come true. She has also worked hard to help it along.
Yay!!!!!! Congratulations to your sweet girl!
Guess what? I'm not staying on Disney grounds. :scared1: This is basically a work trip and I can't justify Disney prices. I couldn't find something reasonable with my AP discount and neither could Danielle with her CM discount. We have 3 nights at a Home2Suites at more than half the price of the cheapest Disney room or even a room on Hotel Plaza Blvd and I get free parking and breakfast. I'm trying to convince myself I'm ok with not being in the bubble. It easier for Dennis since he's tired of giving Disney money. We do plan on playing the parks one day. I don't know which ones yet but know we will be at Epcot since I'll be shooting for a Fancy ride for Guardians. It will most likely make me sick but I HAVE to try it. We will also be hitting Disney Springs since her apartment is really close.
I think that's a smart choice. Some of the new hotels in the Flamingo Crossings area are very reasonable and very close to property.
You and me both! Although I secretly want to be the Fairy Godmother...lol!

I am so glad she had a happy ending. :)

We were too. The struggle was real.

Yay!!!!!! Congratulations to your sweet girl!

Thank you!

I think that's a smart choice. Some of the new hotels in the Flamingo Crossings area are very reasonable and very close to property.

This is one of the resort right by the Disney housing complex. I was able to use a corporate rate for it.

You and me both! Although I secretly want to be the Fairy Godmother...lol!

I love this idea. You'll make a great Fairy Godmother. I'm sure being a Kindergarten teacher gives you lots of practice.

Welcome Home- Kidani

When I left off we were on the Magical Express headed to our resort for the next 3 night, Kidani.

It didn't take us long before we were pulling up to this.

1653612606379.png

I took this picture not realizing this was basically were our room ended up being so our view was of everyone arriving and leaving.

1653612695195.png
I like that this picture catches the "Welcome Home", Danielle with her suitcase and the reflection of the ME bus.

1653612783366.png
Of course I had to get some lobby photos. The Kidani lobby isn't as grand as Jumbo but it's still so well done.

1653612862885.png

1653612902965.png

On the way to the elevator we had to stop to see the animals. We did not have a savannah view but we did see the animals as we came and went.
1653612985901.png

We were all excited to see the room for the first time. We really loved the size of the room.
1653613061311.png

The sleeper sofa was Michelle's bed for the next 3 nights.
1653613126339.png

Danielle and I shared the bed.
1653613178816.png

1653613240093.png

Continued in next post. . . .

I hope you're not tired of room photos because I have a few more.

1653613416349.png

And of course the bathroom. The size was really great for 3 ladies but the lighting was not the best. I did like that there was a door separating the sink area from the rest so we could all be getting ready at the same time.
1653613519463.png
1653613553365.png

We of course had to check out the balcony but none of us could open it. We read and re-read the directions but it just wouldn't open.

Michelle and Danielle freshened up real quick then went back to look at the animals. I hung back and "moved in". If I'm going to be staying in a room for more than a night I like to take up some space. The girls prefer to live out of their suitcases. I also wanted to get some more towels. When you have 3 ladies and Florida heat you need lots of towels for lots of bathing. I lucked out when I looked out into the hallway and found a cart. I grabbed some towels and a CM that looked like a manager. He asked if everything was ok and I asked him to show me how to open the sliding door to the balcony. Well he couldn't open it either and called maintenance to get it fixed. I'm happy to report it was working when we returned to the room .

I meet back up with the girls in the lobby and we headed to find the bus stop. We were headed to Hollywood Studios and some lunch. We didn't wait long until a bus arrived. This was back when groups were sat together and there was plastic partitions between groups. While we were on the bus we all placed a mobile order for lunch at Docking Bay. Danielle had already eaten there on her aborted program but it was new to Michelle and I. We were finally on our way to our first park.

Up next is our Studios park adventures.

When I left off we were on the Magical Express headed to our resort for the next 3 night, Kidani.
Woot! So happy to read this update as DD and I will be staying there in August. :)
1653612606379.png
Do you know what that large item on the ceiling is? Large lights?
I like that this picture catches the "Welcome Home", Danielle with her suitcase and the reflection of the ME bus.
Lots of detail in that shot. :)
Of course I had to get some lobby photos. The Kidani lobby isn't as grand as Jumbo but it's still so well done.
::yes::
Very cute photo of Danielle.
We really loved the size of the room.
Good!
The sleeper sofa was Michelle's bed for the next 3 nights.
DD's bed for a week. :rolleyes:
Danielle and I shared the bed.
DD and I will not share my bed.
I hope you're not tired of room photos because I have a few more.
Good. I wanna see.
there was a door separating the sink area from the rest so we could all be getting ready at the same time.
Good for us, too.
Can't tell. Was there a tub? Or just a shower? (Which seems to becoming the norm, unfortunately.)
We of course had to check out the balcony but none of us could open it. We read and re-read the directions but it just wouldn't open.
Well, that's not okay. I was thinking that maybe there was a safety bar or something.
I hung back and "moved in". If I'm going to be staying in a room for more than a night I like to take up some space. The girls prefer to live out of their suitcases.
::yes::
This is exactly me. If it's more than one night, I like to unpack.
I lucked out when I looked out into the hallway and found a cart. I grabbed some towels and a CM that looked like a manager.
How does one dry oneself with a manager?

:rolleyes1
He asked if everything was ok and I asked him to show me how to open the sliding door to the balcony. Well he couldn't open it either and called maintenance to get it fixed. I'm happy to report it was working when we returned to the room .
Phew.
I don't know about you, but I'd have felt embarrassed if it had been something simple like "You just have to unlock it."
While we were on the bus we all placed a mobile order for lunch at Docking Bay.
Wish I could do that. I'd have to do that before leaving the resort, where there's wifi. I don't have data in the US.
Up next is our Studios park adventures.
Woot!

Love the AKL rooms, but I agree, the lighting in the bathroom isn't very strong!

Glad the balcony door got fixed. When staying at a deluxe, you want to be able to step out onto that balcony.

Kidani looks lovely. Glad you got the balcony sorted. I always unpack too - I can’t be doing with rummaging around in my suitcase looking for my smalls ( though they aren’t as small as they used to be 😂).
Amazing to be able to see the animals as you went through the lobby. My grandson would love that!

So happy for Danielle and her new adventure! It's nice that even though she's moving far away, it's somewhere you love to go and I'm sure you'll see her a bunch!

We stayed in Kidani once with no view and didn't love it. If I ever stay again, I need a Savanna view 🦒🦌🐘🦓

I’m so happy for your daughter’s new career, congratulations to her!
Andi dreamed of this before she started college, her dreams have changed now boo for me, lol 😆
We stayed in a one bedroom at Kidani in 2010 with Joe and Jack, we really enjoyed it. I think it was pretty new at that time.
Disney prices are crazy right now. I changed our late summer trip and was able to save 1400.00 with changing hotels and dates. I added 400 dollars for an extra night at Portofino Bay but still saving 1000 is awesome!

Woot! So happy to read this update as DD and I will be staying there in August.
Congrats! You're going to love it.

Do you know what that large item on the ceiling is? Large lights?

I think it was lights.

Lots of detail in that shot. :)

Thank you you!

Very cute photo of Danielle.

DD's bed for a week.

I hope she likes it. I don't remember Michelle complaining.

DD and I will not share my bed.

Of course not.

Good for us, too.

Bathroom is very friendly for sharing.

Can't tell. Was there a tub? Or just a shower? (Which seems to becoming the norm, unfortunately.)

I'm pretty sure there was a tub with a shower.

Well, that's not okay. I was thinking that maybe there was a safety bar or something.

We did check for that tool.

This is exactly me. If it's more than one night, I like to unpack.

We agree on this.

How does one dry oneself with a manager?

:rolleyes:

Phew.
I don't know about you, but I'd have felt embarrassed if it had been something simple like "You just have to unlock it."

I was really worried it was "user error".

Wish I could do that. I'd have to do that before leaving the resort, where there's wifi. I don't have data in the US.

I think there is wifi on the buses. It may be spotty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter