I did want to say that Mom and Danielle had their trip planned and I totally just bombarded it. Now THAT was booked and set in stone before my husband and I decided to take our kids over Labor Day weekend that year. We paid and planned it all 31 days out and didn't tell the kids. At that time, my husband was working out of state and coming home one weekend a month. So that August he said, next month, let's just meet in Disney instead of me coming home. IT WAS GOING TO BE AWESOME. So even though our girls trip was booked first, I get a good glimpse into Disney Pandemic Life before our girls trip in October.
Perfect! Nothing wrong with more Disney time!
We're over here thinking we lucked out, right? No crowds. This is awesome. AND MY MAGIC BAND WONT WORK. Back in December 2019, we went to a Christmas Party and it got rained out! They told us we would get a free park day, basically. Well it applied automatically and was technically used the next day after that party. I had to call Disney and fix it to where I could use it later. We had one year to use it. So I had it applied to my account and got tickets through Undercover Tourist to apply to my girls trip. Well this whole process was a mess and didnt like me and yada yada yada, after some time in Guest Services, we were on our way.
Oh, that is the worst! We had the same issue with our Canadian resident discount tickets and it was so annoying!
This is what a socially distanced Pirates of the Carribbean line looks like. And I swear we were so bad at the line thing. Youmove up, you move back. Do you stand at the line, between the lines. Are you too close to someone? Can you spread out from your family to breathe? Can I eat a snack in line? So many things. This first day, it was overwhelming. At one point, I'm exasperated. Jimmy had to stop me and be like, LOOK HOW MUCH FUN THE KIDS ARE HAVING and we're TOGETHER. and he was right. It was just a lot to adjust to when you're so used to knowing it all.
It is a lot of change for us "Disney experts". I guess we just have to learn to go with the flow which is not easy when you are used to knowing it all.
Then you get to the switch station and it's another line all over again. The good news is that it's always moving! This was Jimmy's first skyliner ride. The rest of us had already done it. JP and I went with Mom and Dad in Dec 2019 and G went with her Mom right before everything closed down in 2020.
I love the skyliner!
JP says he'll ride it again when he's 18. It was a bit much for him. Onto TSMM, family favorite! and then alien saucers. All before lunch at Mama Melrose. We really liked the way you check in for dining on the phones. That was cool, and kind of allowed you to do it a little early, not a line situation.
Poor JP! He may decide to try it again before then.... :)
And omg we had so much blue and green milk. FYI when you get it with alcohol, it's literally just a shot on top and a stir stick. VERY POTENT. so after two of those, JP needed a nap and Jimmy agreed to do the Falcon with G... I parked myself and JP in the stroller in a shady spot near the flacon and may or may not have fallen asleep on the cold concrete. BEWARD THE BLUE MILK WITH A SHOT. But we ended up going back for more (without alcohol) again and again. Great cool treat, quick, so the mobile order situation didn't suck. The kids loved it. It was great!
Haha!
We did the Falcon as a family, everyone enjoyed it. More friends were made. Then we did everything in toy Story AGAIN, exept G and I were alone on Slinky Dog HAHA. All before leaving the park to take a boat to the Yacht Club for dinner at Ale and Compass.
You guys are troopers!
I did a very bad thing.

I'm afraid that Fuzzy Disney Math has struck again.

I caved and booked a room in the bubble.
Disney Math is always the best math!
So now we're staying in Coronado in the Tower, water view. Now I have to a very short time to research since we have never stayed there. If anyone has tips for our very short stay there please let me know.
Jack and I stayed one night in the Castitas last August. We really loved Three Bridges for dinner and the Dahlia Lounge at the end of the day for a cocktail. It is a beautiful resort. :goodvibes

We love staying in the Towers! We have had a water view several times and love it.
There are so many good little bar areas at the Towers and CSR.
Three Bridges is awesome
Request a high floor and the elevators are awesome and fast. You pick your floor before you get in.
The rooms are nice size.

I love fuzzy Disney math! I also think you’ll be so much happier in the bubble and sure who needs a free breakfast when there’s Disney snacks aplenty to pay for:rotfl:

You don't have to... you apply it!

My bank account does not like when I do apply it.

Disney Math is always the best math!

That's what I keep telling myself.

ck and I stayed one night in the Castitas last August. We really loved Three Bridges for dinner and the Dahlia Lounge at the end of the day for a cocktail. It is a beautiful resort. :goodvibes

I visited Kelly her in April and loved the grounds. I'm looking forward to seeing more. I really want to try Three Bridges. I'm seeing that it is open late too.

We love staying in the Towers! We have had a water view several times and love it.

I will consider this high praise from you and Andi.

There are so many good little bar areas at the Towers and CSR.
Three Bridges is awesome

Another vote for Three Bridges.

Request a high floor and the elevators are awesome and fast. You pick your floor before you get in.
The rooms are nice size.

I would love a high floor.

I love fuzzy Disney math! I also think you’ll be so much happier in the bubble and sure who needs a free breakfast when there’s Disney snacks aplenty to pay for

I think we will be happier in the end staying in the bubble. Who has time for free breakfast anyway.

Finally-Park Time-DHS

Shifting gears, it's time to get this trip report rolling again.

I left off with us on a bus to Studios to play in the park and get some much needed food.

Once we got off the bus we passed the Skyliner station.
1655516340425.png

We were soon approaching the entrance. I can't believe how void of people this picture is.

1655516416793.png

We were finally inside the park and I insisted on a picture of the 3 of us. It was a very hot day so we needed a picture before we were all a hot mess.

1655516517662.png

We started heading towards Galaxy Edge, but of course I needed more pictures of the park on the way. It's kind of nice that a got this photo since Dockside Diner is one of the places Danielle oversees as a leader. She is mostly in Backlot but oversees this place and Epic Eats (funnel cake stand next to Indy)
1655517022506.png

1655517062569.png
1655517089268.png

We made our way into GE and then looked around while we waited for our mobile order time slot.
1655517187029.png

1655517216322.png

1655517271443.png

Continued in next post

I can not stress enough how hot it was, especially with masks on. We made our way to Docking Bay 7, clicked we were there and stood outside waiting for our orders with lots of others. We were in the direct sunlight and there was not enough room to be socially distanced. Michelle made good use of this time to have a private photo shoot with the Falcon.
1655517672878.png

1655517729096.png1655517702920.png

Danielle was the first lucky one called into the AC. She had eaten here before so was familiar with the place. I came in behind her and had a hard time finding where she was sitting. It was like inside a yellow box. I got the roast looking stuff that I don't see on the menu anymore. It was ok, not great but not bad either. I think Danielle got the meatless meat balls and I don't see them on the menu either. I don't remember what Michelle got. I'm thinking she got the same as me since she loves mashed potatoes.

1655518011463.png

While we were eating the Rise boarding pass opened. Back then it was done at 2. We all tried and no one got it.

We did catch Chewy, Rey and Vi when we walked out. I still enjoy just running into characters at random times.
1655518209548.png

We started to head towards the back entrance to Toy Story Land. I had another photo op that I wanted to catch on our way out of GE.

We were feeling strong with the force.
1655518371254.png

1655518401374.png

TSL gave us a chance for a potty break and to finally ride our first ride TSMM. I'm pretty sure Danielle smoked us all and I had the worse score. The posted wait time was 35 minutes but I'm showing we were on and off in about 20.
1655518553794.png

1655518582373.png

More to come.

1655518896561.png
1655518935989.png
We crossed all the way over to Sunset Blvd so I could ride my favorite ride TOT. I don't have our ride photo but I do have the video which is really strange. We also stopped for more photo pass pictures. I know we stopped for ice cream around this time. I don't remember if it was before or after our ride. I do remember getting cramps in my foot and having to get some water while we were in the Sunset area. The heat had really gotten to us and we needed a break especially me.
1655519183347.png
I'm thinking we took the break before TOT since we stopped for a snack at The Trolley car and I got my favorite carrot cake cookie and some cold green tea. I only had a bite or two of the cookie and saved the rest to eat on for the rest of the trip.
1655519374420.png

We caught our first and only calvacade of the day, the Disney Jr stars.
1655519444445.png

1655519474032.png

It was time for another ride. Danielle had ridden Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at the cast preview in March and Michelle had ridden it multiple times in September. They both wanted me to ride it since they thought it was really cute. The line was long due to the spacing and mostly in the sun but we got in it anyway. It moved okay and right about the time we got inside the door, it broke down. The CMs went through the line telling everyone the ride was down and there were lots that left, but we stuck it out. I'm so glad we were inside when this happened. We sat down and after a bit the line stared to move and we finally got a chance to ride. I thought it was cute but it has taken me a few rides to really appreciate it. I still miss the Great Movie Ride.
1655519849459.png

It was getting dark by the time we got out and we had to be back to Kidani for our dinner ADR at Sanaa, something we were really looking forward to doing. We said good by to DHS for this trip and caught the bus back.
1655520002468.png

1655520028073.png

We checked into dinner and were soon seated. I remember thinking "I hope we get a table by the window". Well we got that table by the window but since it was dark and really didn't matter since there was nothing to see.

We of course started with the bread service and all loved it. I wish I could remember what my favorite dip was, but they were all pretty good. We split the New York Strip and something else. I can't remember what that something else was since I didn't really care for it. I think Michelle had some wine and we all had a great meal to end the day. Disney paid for most of this meal since I used the gift card I was given when we were bumped resorts for the second time.
1655520310925.png
We did some shopping in Johari Treasures and made some purchases with my AP discount that was 30% on this trip. We had a great time visiting with a CM that had been there a long time and had many recognitions on his name tag. I know Danielle could tell us what those recognitions were. I wish I could remember his name. He had so many one liners and was very helpful and knowledgeable too.

We were soon back in our room and ready for bed. We had a big day coming up and the Sanderson Sister were going to be a part of our fun.

You all look fab in your photos in HS. Every time you mention where Danielle works I feel so happy for her that she achieved her dream of working for Disney. I hope she is enjoying her new role. You managed to get some great rides done. Both MMRR and GE didn’t exist when we were last at Disney in 2018 so I feel like it will be a whole new world for us when we do manage to return.
Now that there’s no preflight testing required we are seriously thinking about a trip.
I’ve never been to Saana either but I hear so many good things about that bread service. I did laugh at you wanting a window table and then realizing it’s dark out and can’t see a thing. Still it sounds like a lovely relaxing way to end the day.
Looking forward to your next update and hearing what the Sanderson girls get up to.

I still miss the Great Movie Ride.
We do too! It was our favorite at DHS. Andi was certain she wanted to be a CM on this attraction. She had it completely memorized lol 😆
This is another memory producing attraction for us. I think we rode it 10x in a row once. Did you ever get the cowboy scene? We did only 1x with all our rides!
I love all the pictures. Masks or not the pictures turned out really nice!
Sanaa is one of our favorites!

Shifting gears, it's time to get this trip report rolling again.
We were soon approaching the entrance. I can't believe how void of people this picture is.
It looks like it's closed!
It was a very hot day so we needed a picture before we were all a hot mess.
Oh boy... and with masks on... I can't even imagine. :sad2:
of course I needed more pictures of the park on the way.
Of course you do!
She is mostly in Backlot but oversees this place and Epic Eats (funnel cake stand next to Indy)
So... when I go in August, will I be able to find her if I PM you our DHS date?
Maybe I could drop a little something off for her?
I can not stress enough how hot it was, especially with masks on.
I just said that!
I'm soooo glad that's over.
We were in the direct sunlight and there was not enough room to be socially distanced.
:faint:
1655517672878.png
With those ears, that pose is just about perfect. :goodvibes
Porg!!!!
I came in behind her and had a hard time finding where she was sitting. It was like inside a yellow box.
I've not been in there.
Sounds like I'm not missing too much.
she loves mashed potatoes.
Well... who doesn't??
We did catch Chewy, Rey and Vi when we walked out. I still enjoy just running into characters at random times.
:) Way better than standing in line for them.
We were feeling strong with the force.
1655518371254.png
<gasp!> Can't... breathe...
Love this shot of you ladies. :)

You all look like you're just daring anyone to try and get to Grogu. (I still prefer saying Baby Yoda.)
I'm pretty sure Danielle smoked us all
She lives there. So that's an unfair advantage.
and I had the worse score.
Okay... Michelle cheated.

Obviously.
Very cute shot of the ladies. :)
I do remember getting cramps in my foot and having to get some water while we were in the Sunset area.
:( hope that helped and you weren't further bothered by it.
I got my favorite carrot cake cookie
You know... I still haven't tried it. I did buy one, over 10 years ago... but I was so full from Free Dining, that I couldn't eat it. And I haven't bought one since.
I only had a bite or two of the cookie and saved the rest to eat on for the rest of the trip.
Yeah... I distinctly got the impression that it's a multi-day snack.
right about the time we got inside the door, it broke down.
Oh, no... after waiting in the heat, that must've been frustrating. Glad you were at least inside and the wait for it to be fixed wasn't too long.
I thought it was cute but it has taken me a few rides to really appreciate it. I still miss the Great Movie Ride.
I'm not thrilled at the removal of GMR, but... I am willing to give the new one a chance. I'll find out soon enough.
we had to be back to Kidani for our dinner ADR at Sanaa, something we were really looking forward to doing.
We have a Sanaa ADR booked. I'm really looking forward to Elle trying the bread service. :)
I remember thinking "I hope we get a table by the window". Well we got that table by the window but since it was dark and really didn't matter since there was nothing to see.
:laughing: Oh well. Animals were probably all sleeping anyways.
We of course started with the bread service and all loved it.
Of course!
we all had a great meal to end the day.
:goodvibes
Disney paid for most of this meal since I used the gift card I was given when we were bumped resorts for the second time.
A free meal is always better than a paid meal. ::yes::
We had a big day coming up and the Sanderson Sister were going to be a part of our fun.
oh boy! Woot!

You all look fab in your photos in HS.

Thank you! When it's just the ladies we get to spend more time taking pictures.

. Every time you mention where Danielle works I feel so happy for her that she achieved her dream of working for Disney. I hope she is enjoying her new role.
Thank you for cheering her along too. I'm very proud of her for sticking it out. It did take her some time to get comfortable in her new role.

Both MMRR and GE didn’t exist when we were last at Disney in 2018 so I feel like it will be a whole new world for us when we do manage to return.

I'm excited for you all of your family to experience all the new things in Disney.

Now that there’s no preflight testing required we are seriously thinking about a trip.

I really hope you get there soon.

I’ve never been to Saana either but I hear so many good things about that bread service.

The bread service is worth the trip out there.

. I did laugh at you wanting a window table and then realizing it’s dark out and can’t see a thing. Still it sounds like a lovely relaxing way to end the day.

It was a great ending to a very long day. Originally we had an ADR for The Brown Derby, but when we got bumped to Kidani we knew we had to make the change.

Looking forward to your next update and hearing what the Sanderson girls get up to.

They did have some fun!

We do too! It was our favorite at DHS. Andi was certain she wanted to be a CM on this attraction. She had it completely memorized lol 😆
This is another memory producing attraction for us. I think we rode it 10x in a row once. Did you ever get the cowboy scene? We did only 1x with all our rides!

It was one of my favorites. I love nostalgia. I've had the Cowboy scene a few times but not nearly as many times as the gangster.

I love all the pictures. Masks or not the pictures turned out really nice!

We were trying our best. I know some people didn't think it was worth it to take photos with masks, but I still want to be able to document what it was really like back then.

Sanaa is one of our favorites!

I would like to go back again.

It looks like it's closed!

It really does. Luckily it wasn't.

Oh boy... and with masks on... I can't even imagine. :sad2:

I don't know how we did it. With each trip we've taken it has gotten a little better, but this was the hardest one.

So... when I go in August, will I be able to find her if I PM you our DHS date?
Maybe I could drop a little something off for her?

You might not see her but you can ask for someone to get her if she's working. She is usually the closing leader and is in the kitchen. When I visited I just asked someone to get her for me.

I just said that!
I'm soooo glad that's over.

Me too. The trip we're taking in just 3 more sleeps will be our first trip with no masks. I had to wear a mask at the airport, on the plane and on Disney transportation.

With those ears, that pose is just about perfect. :goodvibes

She really knows how to work the camera.

I've not been in there.
Sounds like I'm not missing too much.

It was just okay. I'm not in a rush to go back.

Well... who doesn't??

But she really loves them. She likes to say she hasn't met a potato she doesn't like.

:) Way better than standing in line for them.

I agree.

<gasp!> Can't... breathe...

:eek:

Love this shot of you ladies. :)

Thank you!

You all look like you're just daring anyone to try and get to Grogu.

We do mean business.

(I still prefer saying Baby Yoda.)

Me too.

Okay... Michelle cheated.

Obviously.

I wish.

Very cute shot of the ladies. :)

I thought it was the perfect backdrop for a girls only trip.

:( hope that helped and you weren't further bothered by it.

I carry electrolyte packets just for this. I don't think I had any issued for the rest of the trip. I did have a very bad cramp while we were watching "Maverick".

You know... I still haven't tried it. I did buy one, over 10 years ago... but I was so full from Free Dining, that I couldn't eat it. And I haven't bought one since.

You need to give it another try and just plan to keep it in the fridge in your room.

I'm not thrilled at the removal of GMR, but... I am willing to give the new one a chance. I'll find out soon enough.

Give it more than one ride before you judge it. I see something different every time I ride.

We have a Sanaa ADR booked. I'm really looking forward to Elle trying the bread service. :)

I can't wait to read what you think of it after going there.

A free meal is always better than a paid meal. ::yes::

Yes!!! I like free meals and meals I don't have to cook.

Danielle update.

Danielle officially graduated from the Hospitality Program on June 9th. They had a great celebration for the group. She actually sent us photos from the day. The group was also featured on some of the Disney media. They were on the @wdw.ambassador Instagram and @officialdisneyprograms. They were also on the Facebook page.

1655605366122.png1655605345842.png

1655605401331.png

1655605438261.png

1655605474305.png

Pretty cool graduation.

We're trying to get everything ready to drive down on Tuesday. I'm so excited to see her again. I wonder if she's more excited to see us or to get her cats back.

Last edited:
I don't know how we did it. With each trip we've taken it has gotten a little better, but this was the hardest one.
I can't even imagine. :faint:
You might not see her but you can ask for someone to get her if she's working. She is usually the closing leader and is in the kitchen. When I visited I just asked someone to get her for me.
Ah. I don't think I'll bother her just so she can come out and meet some stranger.

But she really loves them. She likes to say she hasn't met a potato she doesn't like.
:laughing:
We do mean business.
I can see that! :scared:
I carry electrolyte packets just for this. I don't think I had any issued for the rest of the trip.
Smart. And that's good.
I did have a very bad cramp while we were watching "Maverick".
Oh, dear. :(
You need to give it another try and just plan to keep it in the fridge in your room.
Good idea. :)
Give it more than one ride before you judge it. I see something different every time I ride.
Okay!
I can't wait to read what you think of it after going there.
Stand by!
Yes!!! I like free meals and meals I don't have to cook.
::yes::
Danielle officially graduated from the Hospitality Program on June 9th.
Congrats to Danielle!
We're trying to get everything ready to drive down on Tuesday.
Boy that's coming up soon. Safe travels!
I'm so excited to see her again. I wonder if she's more excited to see us or to get her cats back.
:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter