Food and Wine Special Events?

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends!

DH and I are heading down to do the runDisney 5k in November with friends, and we are looking forward to enjoying F & W while we're down there. Our friends have done lots of special events for F & W in the past, and we are wondering if those special events (like cooking with WDW chefs, special food tasting/wine tasting events, etc) will come back this year? We keep checking, and besides the "Eat to the Beat" packages, we aren't seeing the special events.

Do these things get posted later in June? Are they just not doing them this year?

Any info anyone has about these special events would be fantastic! Thanks so much!

Last edited:
I was discussing this recently with some other Disney folks. I feel if they dont have them this year, then they probably aren't coming back.

No info is out yet. When it or substantial rumors hit of it the Disney blogs will blow up with the news.

Most of them haven't returned since the shut down for Co-Vid. Really miss the food and wine pairing meals. Hoping they come back, but not expecting to see them.

Notoriously passionate foodies and wine lovers descend on Southern California every November for the largest festival of its kind in the region.

A curated dinner where each course is expertly paired with complementary wines, enhancing the flavors of both the food and the wine.

Just guessing but I would imagine not this year but am holding out hope that some will come back when the festival building gets done. They have sort of hinted that will be part of its use (demos). They could have already been doing the special meals at the restaurants so not holding much hope on those.

As others have said, no special festival events have been announced yet. I'm not sure how long you're staying but if you're still around the next weekend (11/10 or 11/11), that's the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic event, which could be fun. Or, if you want a DIY F&W experience, there are a couple of standard offerings typically available year-round that could be of interest. The La Cava Experience (tequila tasting) and Sangria University at Coronado Springs resort are both really fun. I'll also put a plug in for Wine Bar George in Disney Springs -- they feature a number of different "flights" and are happy to give you as much (or little) education about the wines as you'd like in a very friendly, not pretentious manner.

I really don't think you will see many extra's with any of the festivals they have now. Epcot now has only several weeks when there is not one going on. Starting to be not so special anymore.

There also used to be wine tasting at Germany, Italy and France. You bought a ticket and could choose two tastings in each country.. This used to be all year long and not associated with the festivals. I don't believe it returned as I have not seen any signage about it.

Most of the cooking/tasting events ended when they stopped having a permanent festival center …

I was discussing this recently with some other Disney folks. I feel if they dont have them this year, then they probably aren't coming back.

Just guessing but I would imagine not this year but am holding out hope that some will come back when the festival building gets done. They have sort of hinted that will be part of its use (demos). They could have already been doing the special meals at the restaurants so not holding much hope on those.
I would have lost hope too but I think @loves to dive is correct. They would specifically be building demonstration areas and festival facilities if they didn’t intend to use them. Don’t see it ready to roll this F&W but maybe by the next one!

I would have lost hope too but I think @loves to dive is correct. They would specifically be building demonstration areas and festival facilities if they didn’t intend to use them. Don’t see it ready to roll this F&W but maybe by the next one!
Thanks! Now I too am encouraged about the possibility of the demos returning, Now my concern is what will they cost. I remember way back when they were free-AND they included wine-AND one year I saw two chefs as presenters who'd been on The Food Network. Then they started charging, took away the wine accompaniment.

Thanks! Now I too am encouraged about the possibility of the demos returning, Now my concern is what will they cost. I remember way back when they were free-AND they included wine-AND one year I saw two chefs as presenters who'd been on The Food Network. Then they started charging, took away the wine accompaniment.
My first F&W still had the wine pairing! #GoodMemories

DFB posted this on why you might want to skip it this year. seems I can’t add the link. It said about seminars and demos might return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter