Food and Wine Festival Tips

I'd also have a plan if you have a little one with you. Booths menus will be released around the week the event starts. Note the places you want to try so you can scope out places to take a break if needed. If you don't want to do the Remy Scavenger Hunt, there are a lot of fun one's online that you can grab for free.

Hopefully the DuckTales interactive game will release soon on the Play Disney app. Spending money of their own might be fun at Epcot. Or a digital camera? Something to keep them independently occupied if they start to get bored.

There are things you could do ahead of time to potentially get them interested - check out Pinterest or Teachers Pay Teachers for ideas if you want to go that route. Books to read. Perhaps looking at common architecture styles from different countries?

Use the apps that are available to see what kiosks you want to stop at and try.
Its easy to just jump around and then at the end of the day think about the ones you wanted to try.

They had the Kidcot stuff pre stamped and bagged to pick up. It’s something fun for kids with the stickers and stuff. Remy hunt is fun too. And there’s also a ton of stuff to do on the Play Disney Parks app. Not sure if the Ducktales rolled out yet?AA6FAD9D-882A-435C-A212-DB99389DAE99.png
The app is really cool thru all of the parks and keeps kids (and adults 😁) entertained during waits. There’s all different kinds of fun stuff to make a 9 year old feel special in World Showcase. Enjoy!

Is the Remy hunt only for the festival? That looks neat.
Remy hunt is just during food and wine festival. All the festivals have some type of scavenger hunt game where you buy the map then redeem the completed one for a prize. The art festival in January/February has figment. The flower and garden festival has Spike the bee for the whole festival and another egg hunt one just before Easter. Remy is the most difficult one...he hides well in some countries! Spike is the easiest one.

Remy hunt is just during food and wine festival. All the festivals have some type of scavenger hunt game where you buy the map then redeem the completed one for a prize. The art festival in January/February has figment. The flower and garden festival has Spike the bee for the whole festival and another egg hunt one just before Easter. Remy is the most difficult one...he hides well in some countries! Spike is the easiest one.
This sounds so cool! Thanks for explaining it more!

They had the Kidcot stuff pre stamped and bagged to pick up. It’s something fun for kids with the stickers and stuff. Remy hunt is fun too. And there’s also a ton of stuff to do on the Play Disney Parks app. Not sure if the Ducktales rolled out yet?View attachment 581584
The app is really cool thru all of the parks and keeps kids (and adults 😁) entertained during waits. There’s all different kinds of fun stuff to make a 9 year old feel special in World Showcase. Enjoy!
Oh this looks awesome and I had no idea about it. Thank you so much!

Honestly, WS is not really about the two rides for our kids. They love the little maze in the back of the England section. Exploring the back alleys in Morocco, getting an ice cream in France, American Adventure in USA, gardens/koi in Japan as well as shopping for little interesting japanese toys in the japan shop (whenever they resume pick a pearl in the Japan store post-Covid, that is really cool too). And I swear we spend a whole hour watching the little trains in Germany every single trip.

World showcase itself is a playground for kids--you just have to really step aside to explore instead of just saying on the main path by the lake where the food booths are.

Pay the $8 or so and get the Remy scavenger hunt. My 9 year old had so much fun doing it last year and it made it so much more enjoyable for us adults. They search each country for a hidden remy statue and put the corresponding sticker in their scavenger hunt booklet. They turn in the booklet at the end for a prize.

Thanks for sharing this !!! Definitely doing it !!!

If my kids do the Remy scavenger hunt, do they each need their own book? They are 10, 6, and 3 (almost 4). I’d rather keep up with one book, but we can get three if needed.

Thank you guys for the suggestions!

If my kids do the Remy scavenger hunt, do they each need their own book? They are 10, 6, and 3 (almost 4). I’d rather keep up with one book, but we can get three if needed.

Thank you guys for the suggestions!
It is one prize per scavenger hunt map...so it depends on if each child is going to want a prize. The maps are usually around $7-8 each. You can see the current prizes in the shops that sell the maps.

Collecting all the stamps from the countries is one of the best things for the kids plus it's a learning experience.

First time going to EPCOT during a festival, very excited! 3 adults and a 7yr old. Any tips for festival days with kids? Also tips in general?

We've all been before, but last time it was nap time during world showcase, can't bank on that for a 7yr old though! Is there much to do for kids in World Showcase these days?
I recommend you stop at the EPCOT Port of Entry store and purchase a gift card for use at the World Showcase food booths.
The store has specially designed, small gifts cards for each of the EPCOT International Festivals. These unique gift cards are attached to a coiled, stretch wrist band. You select the amount of money you would like to load on the gift cards -- there is no additional cost for the gift cards or the service. The gift card is easy to carry on your wrist and easy to use at each of the International Food Booths in the World Showcase. You are able to reload money onto the gift cards as your funds are depleted.

You can purchase a gift card for your child and budget a certain allotment of money.
This is a regular gift card and can by used throughout Walt Disney World, not just at EPCOT.
Tip: Take a picture of the back of your gift card in case it is misplaced or lost -- will help with having the gift card reissued if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!