• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying with Sprained Ankle in Boot

LizAgna

DIS Veteran
We leave for WDW on Thursday and last Monday DD rolled her ankle at basketball practice. She has a bad sprain and she is in a walking boot. How will this affect getting thru security at the airport. Will she have to take the boot off to go thru security?

They can't make her take off the boot. Go through the handicapped lane (where they take wheelchairs). They will probably wand her and ask a bunch of questions.

Make sure you get to the airport a bit early and find out the airline's procedures for early boarding.

They can't make her take off the boot. Go through the handicapped lane (where they take wheelchairs). They will probably wand her and ask a bunch of questions.

Make sure you get to the airport a bit early and find out the airline's procedures for early boarding.

Agreed.

OR...if her ankle is feeling better enough that she can take the aircast off and walk on that foot for short distances (which will depend on what your doc says and how unstable it is, etc), she can send the boot through the xray with her other shoe and walk through the detector. I travelled several trips with an aircast for a stress fracture in my foot and did that so I didn't have to be wanded, and have special screening. But in my case, I was medically able to walk without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter