Flying with formula

ElenaRN

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow.....
We have traveled when both DD were under a year, but both were still nursing. We leave Monday for our trip and DS (almost 11 months) has just weaned himself (I'm not crying-you're crying).

Anyhow, what's the easiest way to travel with formula.

Im going to pack the majority of the powder in my checked luggage. He will need to have at least 1 bottle on the plane. If I tell security I need water to mix formula will they let me through with a bottle of water?

What's been your experience? TIA

You can buy water through security. However I used to bring the liquid formula and had no issues. They do need to test it. You just disclose it they do the test, took maybe 5 extra minutes.

im pretty sure they will let you bring water for the formula but I’ve never tried since I just got after security.

We did a formula holder with enough for 3 bottles and bought water once we got through security. It wasnt worth the hassle to convince the TSA agent that the bringing water through security was for the formula. They probably still wouldn’t have allowed it anyway.

if you have a specialty formula, bring even more than 3 bottles in your carryon. If your luggage gets lost, you could be screwed if you don’t have extra with you.

you can bring pre-mixed formula through for under 2s for sure... unless you fly through Phoenix and the idiot at security wants to open the sealed bottle instead of just swabbing it... I told him to open it test it and chuck it since I didn't need it at the time. (DS was still nursing the formula was a backup)

otherwise milk and formula for those under 2 is fine to take through security but if travelling with powder formula I would just buy water on the other side of security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter