Flying American ok nowadays?

moymo

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
I am about to buy tickets for our June trip. Has everything that has happened with American affected travel with them? Is it safe to buy tickets with them? Or should we go with some other company?

Thanks!

Originally posted by moymo
Hi all,
I am about to buy tickets for our June trip. Has everything that has happened with American affected travel with them? Is it safe to buy tickets with them? Or should we go with some other company?

Thanks!

I just booked last night for a July2-8 trip on American. I was talking with them and also with Delta. I was told that if they were to go belly up, that all other airlines must honor us, and the most we could be charged was 25.00.

Brenda

They got the union consessions so bankruptcy has been delayed. I think that it is just as safe as anyplace else. Even if they go bankrupt it will most likely be Chapter 11 like USAirways.

All the unions have agreed to the paycuts that American asked for, so they are fine for now. Even if they do declare bankruptcy they will declare Chapter 11 which will allow them to restructure their debt and further cut their costs. This is just my opinion but there is no way American will go out of business. They may face more cuts in the future, but they will remain in business. They are currently the largest airline in the world. It would be bad if they were to go out of business.

We flew to/from CA on American last month. They kept changing/cancelling/rebooking flights before we left. And then there was trouble (cancelled flights) on the way back (and not notified til we got to the airport). DH made it home almost as scheduled but I ended up on the red-eye and not home until the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter