• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flowrider question

ksucats

DIS Veteran
My son was asking me about that and I must not be searching correctly on the RC website. How does it work? Do you make reservations or stand in line? Do you need lessons? Any advice would be appreciated. He is 12 if that makes a difference.

My son was asking me about that and I must not be searching correctly on the RC website. How does it work? Do you make reservations or stand in line? Do you need lessons? Any advice would be appreciated. He is 12 if that makes a difference.

There are open sessions throughout the week, and the staff will show him the basics when he goes the first time. If he gets in the Kid's club they also have times reserved for the different age groups - he'd be in the 12-14 YO group. For open sessions you just wait your turn in line. Our grandson was 12 the first time he did the flowrider, and we couldn't get him off of it all week. He was there every time it was open. You can also book private lessons, but I don't remember what the costs were for that. You need to sign a release when you first get on board to allow him to surf.

There are open sessions throughout the week, and the staff will show him the basics when he goes the first time. If he gets in the Kid's club they also have times reserved for the different age groups - he'd be in the 12-14 YO group. For open sessions you just wait your turn in line. Our grandson was 12 the first time he did the flowrider, and we couldn't get him off of it all week. He was there every time it was open. You can also book private lessons, but I don't remember what the costs were for that. You need to sign a release when you first get on board to allow him to surf.
Thanks a bunch. That helps.

You do just stand in line. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes today for it. It's a TON of fun! The "private" lessons for 4-8 people are $69 each on Oasis currently.

There are height requirements. 52" for boogie board and 58" for standup, IIRC.

Depending on the ship, you should be able to do your waivers from home, then they'll look you up and give you the wrist bands.

For boogie boarding, expect ~5-10 minute wait and a ride of about a minute or two.

see if you can do the waivers online ahead of time. make sure you have his card with you the first time, check in at the window/desk to get cleared and get a wristband. after he has a wrist band he can just get in the line. depending on age, a parent may have to be present (I don't remember the age - if I find it on my Compass I will repost).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter