Flowers in room when checking in?

Epcot242

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We have a trip coming up in a couple of weeks or so, and we'll be celebrating my girlfriend's birthday while there. I have a few things planned, but one thing I'd really like to do is have flowers waiting in the room when we arrive. Is this possible? I wasn't crazy about the offerings on the Disney Florist website, but if this is the easiest route to take and they can have them in there waiting, then no biggie. If it's not possible has anyone used an outside florist instead? If so, is there somewhere anyone could recommend?

Honestly, I'm just looking for something small-ish to have in the room for her for the duration of the trip since I don't think flowers would travel well smooshed between flip flops and newly purchased Mickey ears once we pack up for home.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Havings flowers or a gift waiting for your girlfriend in your room is definitely viable but only under certain circumstances. Your resort will not know your room number until you check-in therefore it's impossible for the flowers to be waiting in your room when you first arrive. To keep the surprise element in play, either plan to NOT go to your room but rather to a park after checking in or have the delivery date set for another day during your vacation when you won't be in the room for the majority of the day. Either way, when she first opens the door on whatever evening it may be, they'll be there waiting for her.

I'm sure other florists do deliver to WDW but I personally would stick to Disney Florist. They add special little Disney touches.

If you are staying club level, Disney Florist can usually have it waiting in your room. When I have used Disney Florist staying non-club level, they want to deliver the 2nd night of your stay, not the first.

Any outside companies I have used, it was definitely not waiting in the room upon arrival. In fact, I have had to to hunt a few things down.

Outside florists wouldn't be permitted to deliver anything to your room, so it may be up to the CMs at the resort to put it in your room which I would be hesitant to rely on. My fiance proposed to me at Disney and he had Disney Florist deliver flowers on the day he proposed (around day 3 of our trip). They were able to actually come into the room and set up a nice arrangement that had some rose petals around it, etc. His only gripe was that he asked Disney Florist to set it up after 5pm and they came at some point between 9am-2pm, because the flowers were there when we came back from a park which he wasn't expecting. So, I wouldn't plan anything really time sensitive either.

You might need a different idea. Something you could buy, wrap and have ready to give her when you check in.

As others have said, it can be done if you are staying in CL. That's because the CL CMs will place it in the room and they know the room you have been assigned. It cannot be done in a regular room until after you check in.

Disney won't put anything in your room until you have checked in and have the room key in hand. If it were me...I would order thru DisneyFlorist....I've used them before and they do great (albeit a bit expensive) work, and then head to a park upon arrival. Have a nice dinner and then return to the resort. They should have been able to get the flowers into your room in that amount of time.

http://www.memoriesbybetsy.com/mbb/index.php

We had two gift baskets delivered by this wonderful woman and they were delivered with our luggage. I know it's not the same as flowers, but if you check in and let them hold your luggage, they will deliver the baskets with your suitcases... so you could drop off and go grab lunch or hit a park and when you come back, they should be there waiting!

Just a thought!

http://www.memoriesbybetsy.com/mbb/index.php

We had two gift baskets delivered by this wonderful woman and they were delivered with our luggage. I know it's not the same as flowers, but if you check in and let them hold your luggage, they will deliver the baskets with your suitcases... so you could drop off and go grab lunch or hit a park and when you come back, they should be there waiting!

Just a thought!

They won't deliver your luggage when you are not in the room to accept it, except in the case of Magical Express.

Thanks everyone for the great responses! I think I may have something delivered on our first day at the parks so we can come back to it. I'll most likely go with the Disney Florist out of convenience, though Im going to consider those gift baskets as well.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!