Florida resident question

Brander

Earning My Ears
In order to qualify for a Florida resident discount, do you only need a florida mailing address, or do you have to show a driver's licence or some other form of ID?
My sis has a place in FLA, and I was wondering if I could use her place as a mailing address.
Thanks for your help!

I don't think that will work, since the address isn't in your name. I think you need a FL driver's license (doesn't matter what the address is), a FL ID card (with a FL address) or a bill mailed to you at a FL address, with a picture ID.

Yes, I think it is a valid State of Florida ID or something close to it, as mentioned above.

You need to show a Florida drivers license as it's for Florida residents!

Proof of Florida residency for each adult is required - you must provide any one of the following:
Florida driver's license
Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)
Florida voter's registration card with corresponding
picture ID
A college ID for a Florida college
Florida-based military ID

Thanks MAGICinMYHEART - I knew I had seen that list somewhere, but I couldn't remember where.

tnkrbell

The utilities bill in your name, is no longer listed as proof of Florida residency on the Disney website. :confused3

How about we only try for the FL Resident discount if we live in FL. Dont try to cheat the system. That just hurts those of us who really do live in FL!

Fokus17 said:
How about we only try for the FL Resident discount if we live in FL. Dont try to cheat the system. That just hurts those of us who really do live in FL!

I agree that no one should try to cheat the system, but at the same time, FL resident discounts are not just for people that actually physically reside in FL, and Disney is fine with that.

Some Florida residents are part time and do get the discounts. Before my dad moved he had a Florida Resident ID since at that time his legal residence was still TN. I guess since he lived part time and paid taxes Disney was happy! LOL!

Last year we brought my mother and my older sister (both Florida residents) with us for a week at the WL. I handled the reservations (me & my wife = not FL residents) and paid for everything. I did not even think about the discount and we even paid an extra $25 per day for extra adults in the room. (We did use a postcard code though - no rack rates here)

My question is, would our trip have been eligible for the FL resident discount if my mom or sister did the booking? We are planning on doing a similar trip in late July and I'd like to know if it would be worth the effort to have one of them book the room.

Yes, if the reservation is in the name of the person that is a FL resident, up to 3 rooms can be booked using the discount (if available).

***edited to add: I'm assuming that your mom and/or sister would be staying with you. The FL resident does need to be in one of the rooms being booked in order to get the discount.

Yes, either my mom or sister will be with us. That is good news that I'll be able to use the FL resident discount. Now if the codes would ever come out........................................

But I don't think you can use codes and a FL resident discount. I think it's one or the other, so whichever is the better deal. That's if there are any FL res. discounts available.

BuckNaked said:
I don't think that will work, since the address isn't in your name. I think you need a FL driver's license (doesn't matter what the address is), a FL ID card (with a FL address) or a bill mailed to you at a FL address, with a picture ID.

My parents live with us in Florida, but have a house in Pa and still have PA driver's licenses. So Dad went and got a Fl ID card. When he went to renew his AP, the CM said a Fl ID card did not count as FL res. This was last week.

lovethattink said:
My parents live with us in Florida, but have a house in Pa and still have PA driver's licenses. So Dad went and got a Fl ID card. When he went to renew his AP, the CM said a Fl ID card did not count as FL res. This was last week.

If the FL ID card had a FL address on it, the CM was incorrect, according to Disney's website.

lovethattink said:

Did he ask for a supervisor or get another CM? It doesn't make any mention of FL only DL's being no good on the website. There is no way to detemine just by that how much of your time is spent in FL vs another state and MANY people have places in FL & another state. I'd love an update on this as I have a FL only DL with a FL address and I let my SAP expire & will be getting new ones in May.

Thanks,
Elise

I agree with the FL residency rules, but I just want to add that I'm not sure how much they are enforced. I just posted on a different thread about a family living in NY that books with a FL residency rate every year. This family happens to have a relative that resides in FL with the same name so they carry around a utility bill while in WDW. NOBODY has ever asked this family to show that utility bill, much less any other form of proof! They even purchased park tickets with the FL residency discount with no inquiries or questions asked. It's nice that the WDW website lists the rules and requirements, but it looks like they are not enforced.

TJA said:
I agree with the FL residency rules, but I just want to add that I'm not sure how much they are enforced. I just posted on a different thread about a family living in NY that books with a FL residency rate every year. This family happens to have a relative that resides in FL with the same name so they carry around a utility bill while in WDW. NOBODY has ever asked this family to show that utility bill, much less any other form of proof! They even purchased park tickets with the FL residency discount with no inquiries or questions asked. It's nice that the WDW website lists the rules and requirements, but it looks like they are not enforced.

:guilty: :confused3 :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!