Florida begins reopening the state on Monday May 4th, when Disney?

qqq

Earning My Ears
From Orlando Economic Task Force - It's unclear when Orlando's phases will begin, but phase one of reopening Florida begins Monday. Guidelines and mandates are in place for Disney, closed since March 15. Recommending two guidelines: tape markings of 6 feet apart in lines for attractions and encourage staff who are aged 65 and up to stay home. Mandates involve Disney capping its capacity at 50% in phase one, and 75% in phase two; touch-less hand sanitizer at all entryways, turnstiles and attraction entries and exits; and wiping down all railings and surfaces after every single use. The task force also said there must be temperature checks for staff prior to their shifts, and staffers with a temperature above 100.4 will not be permitted inside Disney World. All employees with flu-like symptoms must stay home.

Those phases allow more than the State Opening plan allows. Phase 1 starts on Monday and restaurants are limited to 25% of seating indoors, but they can use outdoor seating as long as it is six feet apart. Phase 2 will be 50%.

I have been incommunicado for about 10 days now as we moved to another state. What seems to be the latest consensus on when DVC resorts and dining venues will open? We have June 20th resies.

Last edited:
I have been incommunicado for about 10 days now as we moved to another state. What seems to be the latest consensus on when DVC resorts and dining venues will open? We have June 20th resies.

You won't get cancelled unless you do it yourself.

Disney is smart. They will not want to open then immediately close again if there is a huge spike.

my guess is they will start to open parks w phase 3 in Florida.

nothing is agile or nimble with reopening. Between restocking, recleaning, setting up new guidelines, training staff on the new guidelines...

disney also has to determine what to open when. Someone in the restaurant board was asking about hddr. I cannot see that opening when there is any social distancing required.

does anyone know if an employee contracts the virus while working is it a workman’s comp claim? If yes, push the opening up later.

Everyone is anxious to resume life, but that is not going to truly happen for a very long time. Until there is more precise treatment and a vaccine, we will continue to have pockets of spikes.

A pandemic doesn’t end by a randomly selected date-this pandemic will be with us for another year at least. Unless of course Tony Stark fixes it.

There’s a consensus that the pandemic will only end with the establishment of so-called herd immunity. That occurs when enough people in a community are protected from a pathogen that it can’t take hold and dies out. There are two paths to that outcome. One is immunization. Researchers would have to develop a vaccine that proves safe and effective against the coronavirus, and health authorities would have to get it to a sufficient number of people. The second path to herd immunity is grimmer: It can also come about after a large portion of a community has been infected with a pathogen and develops resistance to it that way.​

Disney is smart. They will not want to open then immediately close again if there is a huge spike.

my guess is they will start to open parks w phase 3 in Florida.

nothing is agile or nimble with reopening. Between restocking, recleaning, setting up new guidelines, training staff on the new guidelines...

disney also has to determine what to open when. Someone in the restaurant board was asking about hddr. I cannot see that opening when there is any social distancing required.

does anyone know if an employee contracts the virus while working is it a workman’s comp claim? If yes, push the opening up later.

Everyone is anxious to resume life, but that is not going to truly happen for a very long time. Until there is more precise treatment and a vaccine, we will continue to have pockets of spikes.

A pandemic doesn’t end by a randomly selected date-this pandemic will be with us for another year at least. Unless of course Tony Stark fixes it.

There’s a consensus that the pandemic will only end with the establishment of so-called herd immunity. That occurs when enough people in a community are protected from a pathogen that it can’t take hold and dies out. There are two paths to that outcome. One is immunization. Researchers would have to develop a vaccine that proves safe and effective against the coronavirus, and health authorities would have to get it to a sufficient number of people. The second path to herd immunity is grimmer: It can also come about after a large portion of a community has been infected with a pathogen and develops resistance to it that way.​

My understanding is if an employee gets diagnosed with COVID, then they will be covered via paid time off for the 14 days they would need to be quarantined. I agree that the parks may take a slower approach, but they have to get the DVC resorts up and running as soon as they can meet the safety guidelines outlined for the state and local governments.

Why would bing a workers comp claim matter? Doen't the workers have health insurance anyway?

Why would bing a workers comp claim matter? Doen't the workers have health insurance anyway?
They don't offer health insurance to everyone they employ. As a p/t cm, I am not eligible for health benefits. Do I have health insurance, sure - through my f/t job. But if I get sick at my p/t job which in turn keeps me from my f/t job, there is a problem.

They don't offer health insurance to everyone they employ. As a p/t cm, I am not eligible for health benefits. Do I have health insurance, sure - through my f/t job. But if I get sick at my p/t job which in turn keeps me from my f/t job, there is a problem.

But, to be workman’s comp, you’d have to be able to prove that you got it working as a CM, which would be impossible to prove

Maybe the information I have about being covered that I alluded to above is only for full time, not part time,

I think everything points to a June opening for at least resorts, and some limited capacity of WDW.

Tomorrow is my 31 day mark to a June 5th trip. I think we would be fine with a resort only trip if things are mostly available at the resorts (we are at BLT this trip). What I am grappling with is if we wait past our cancel date (assuming points rules will go back to normal with opening date announced) and what they announce is not going to be enjoyable even just at the resorts. I definitely want to avoid holding points. I need Disney to come out with a plan....like today. Hehe

Tomorrow is my 31 day mark to a June 5th trip. I think we would be fine with a resort only trip if things are mostly available at the resorts (we are at BLT this trip). What I am grappling with is if we wait past our cancel date (assuming points rules will go back to normal with opening date announced) and what they announce is not going to be enjoyable even just at the resorts. I definitely want to avoid holding points. I need Disney to come out with a plan....like today. Hehe

Yes, that would be nice, I would hope, though, that even when the return to the 31 day rule, they will give some leeway for reservations that just missed the window, or least for early June trips.

Yes, that would be nice, I would hope, though, that even when the return to the 31 day rule, they will give some leeway for reservations that just missed the window, or least for early June trips.

They were very generous when our March trip was rebooked to June. I am hopeful that will continue as we wind this thing down a little.

My understanding is if an employee gets diagnosed with COVID, then they will be covered via paid time off for the 14 days they would need to be quarantined. I agree that the parks may take a slower approach, but they have to get the DVC resorts up and running as soon as they can meet the safety guidelines outlined for the state and local governments.

Yeah, Hotels are outlined in depth for PHASE 1 opening. I really dont think DVC can prolong it and wait until Phase 3 for opening DVC resorts.

Reactions: cm8
Even if the parks and hotels are open what restrictions will be in place is my concern. I have a 2 year old that would not wear a mask if it is mandated along with I have asthma so in the heat that would be a nightmare. I believe a lot of people would have a hard time in a mask in summer heat. They need to give all UY’s an extension in banking points to make it a fair system. Some people may be stuck now but if you allowed them to free up points from a vacation they may not be sure they want to take they would be booming later in year already.

Yeah, Hotels are outlined in depth for PHASE 1 opening. I really dont think DVC can prolong it and wait until Phase 3 for opening DVC resorts.

Nope, it doesn’t appear there will be any specific guidelines at this point that would prevent a June opening....May not be June 1st because the resorts do need time to be opened back up, things prepared for guests, etc,

But, based on the latest email I got from my question, I think sometime in June is a pretty good bet!

We are also fine with a resort and dining stay if the resorts are mostly up and running. Mainly, I am thinking of the pool. We were planning an end of summer trip and are okay switching gears and focussing on relaxing by thee pool and trying some new restaurants (even is we need to get the food to go) rather than park days, but without a pool I don't think it would be worth it. What are most people thinking will happen with the pools? They weren't mentioned in the Phases of reopening for the resorts. Any ideas or consensus :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter