Flocks of Lawyers Circling WDW ???

Because every single thing in Animal Kingdom is done by Joe Rohde?

1) Yes,
. . . Yes,
. . . Yes.
. . . The buck stops at and with him !!!
2) He is the "Executive Designer and Vice President, Creative".
3) Everything goes through him, is approved by him, and and directed by him.

NOTE: I guess if you wear a non-Disney-Look earring you can mess-up as much as your like.

Last edited:
1) Yes,
. . . Yes,
. . . Yes.
. . . The buck stops at and with him !!!
2) He is the "Executive Designer and Vice President, Creative".
3) Everything goes through him, is approved by him, and and directed by him.

NOTE: I guess if you wear a non-Disney-Look earring you can mess-up as much as your like.
Joe doesn't approve budgets, the Bob Chapek, Iger, and the board of directors do that. Joe can approve all he wants but he doesn't allocate where money is spent. If Imagineers did allocate where money is spent things would be different.

4) Just because you have a personal issue with Joe Rohde doesn't mean everything he does is wrong or bad.
. . . Please list the things he has done CORRECTLY and FULLY
. . . If things are wrong, they are wrong.
. . . The guilty party should be terminated, such as plants I ran in Wales, France, Mexico, Canada, USA

5) 1 mile walk to exit Pandora? What are you talking about? It uses the same entrance Camp Minnie Mickey had.
. . . have you walked the route?
. . . did you walk from Pandora to Africa?
. . . I don;t remember the path/bridge going UNDER anything
. . . friends I trust have done so, and this is their opinion to me
. . . in fact, it is so long, it is not even on the new-employee (CM orientation) tour of AK

6) The coolant comment makes no sense.
. . . do screw-ups have to make sense?
. . . have you spoken to engineers on the project?
. . . example: why did they cut 5-minutes off Rivers of Light because they could not make things work?

@TheRustyScupper

I am going to flat out say Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. Joe Rohde is one of my favorite Imagineers. In my eyes he has done a lot right. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean everything he does is bad.

No one is forcing you to walk from Pandora to Africa on the new route. That route was put in as a secondary entrance way.

I believe things should make sense yes. No I have not spoken directly to engineers on this project but that doesn't mean I don't know a lot about it because I do.

5) 1 mile walk to exit Pandora? What are you talking about? It uses the same entrance Camp Minnie Mickey had.

It uses the same entrance, but the entrance is not the exit while crowd flow is being controlled.
The exit will be the path the leads to Africa and lets out by FOLK

I am sure Disney is following the letter of the law. No one is suggesting that all rides should work for all people in all situations. However, WDW has been known to be a pretty accessibility-friendly destination in the past. It really surprises me that they didn't make an effort on these two new rides. It's disappointing.

Rusty is right in that the slow moving boat ride at least should have been wheelchair accessible. While many seem to think there is a major reason, unknown to mere, non-Imagineering mortals, a boat ride is the easiest thing to make wheelchair accessible. Have ONE boat that instead of 2 or 3 rows, has 2 or 3 rows plus a roll-on area in the back. ONE boat. Make the wheelchairs wait. I know that they will prefer to wait than to not be able able to see it at all. I can think of NO real reason (except maybe $$$ reasons) that this didn't happen. A super-cool, lifelike imaginary creature animatronic does not change that this is a boat ride like the multiple others Disney has all over their parks that make it work for wheelchairs.

Rusty is right in that the slow moving boat ride at least should have been wheelchair accessible. While many seem to think there is a major reason, unknown to mere, non-Imagineering mortals, a boat ride is the easiest thing to make wheelchair accessible. Have ONE boat that instead of 2 or 3 rows, has 2 or 3 rows plus a roll-on area in the back. ONE boat. Make the wheelchairs wait. I know that they will prefer to wait than to not be able able to see it at all. I can think of NO real reason (except maybe $$$ reasons) that this didn't happen. A super-cool, lifelike imaginary creature animatronic does not change that this is a boat ride like the multiple others Disney has all over their parks that make it work for wheelchairs.
I don't think they could have a bigger boat for this ride. These boats make some tight turns which work best with the smaller boat. Now I do agree they probably could have had a wheelchair accessible boat but I think size of the boats is the issue they had.

I think Rhode has made the most out of animal kingdom, like ryan said he was hampered with budget issues from the get go and has had to play catch up since. Doesn't mean he hasn't made his mistakes (the park has been lacking in rides for a while, along with some issues with the signage and paths at opening) but I think it's incredibly themed and slowly coming into its own

Last edited:

If there's a bad guy or a bad idea in this, it might be that the ride was "downsized" at some point during development. (*cough* budgeting) At which time the footprint, track length and boat size were reduced.

In other words it was "mine trained".

I speculate.

If there's a bad guy or a bad idea in this, it might be that the ride was "downsized" at some point during development. (*cough* budgeting) At which time the footprint, track length and boat size were reduced.

In other words it was "mine trained".

I speculate.
That is indeed the case. I can even show proof too if you want. The original blue prints for the show building showed the boat ride being longer and exiting the building. The current ride does not fit that format.

That is indeed the case. I can even show proof too if you want. The original blue prints for the show building showed the boat ride being longer and exiting the building. The current ride does not fit that format.
I'll never understand this line of thinking. Why downsize something to save what probably was a very minute amount of money when it comes to Disney. As excited as I am for the land, I really think the boat ride is gonna be underwhelming

I'll never understand this line of thinking. Why downsize something to save what probably was a very minute amount of money when it comes to Disney. As excited as I am for the land, I really think the boat ride is gonna be underwhelming
I am sure shortening it saved a few million which is a lot to us but of course not so much to Disney. The boat ride also uses standard tech not the new system like in Shanghai. The boat ride is all about the scenery and the AA. The very original concept was more of a river rapids ride. Then this ride was shortened a bit. There were also three rides in the original plan for the land and we ended up with 2.

I am sure shortening it saved a few million which is a lot to us but of course not so much to Disney. The boat ride also uses standard tech not the new system like in Shanghai. The boat ride is all about the scenery and the AA. The very original concept was more of a river rapids ride. Then this ride was shortened a bit. There were also three rides in the original plan for the land and we ended up with 2.

Though there is an expansion pad for an addition ride in the future, right?

It's all kind of absurd, I think the land is going to be really immersive and nice but it frustrates me that we could've had more

It's all kind of absurd, I think the land is going to be really immersive and nice but it frustrates me that we could've had more
Everything usually starts out bigger then is reigned in. DHS plans were bigger, DCA plans were bigger, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter