Flip flops size question?

Of all the males who wears flip flops in the park. Idk if this is the right section to ask this if not you can remove it but I am a male and planning to wear flip flops to the parks in 5 more days. Planning to put my tennis shoes in my bag to the park. So if I wear a size 11 and half on tennis shoes then will a 11 be good on flip flops or do I need a size higher to be comfortable. I already have size 11 flip flops! I'm just curious will that be ok? I see alot of males who wears flip flops too so that's why I'm asking! (Also I have special kind of supportive shoes and these are supportive flip flops FYI)
Thanks 🙂

Not male but my sons either wear their correct size or size up one depending on the brand as nothing seems consistent with sizing. Sorry that's not much help. Your best bet is to try them on and make sure they have a bit of room as your feet will swell walking all day but you also have to make sure they're not sloppy big as that will cause other issues

I agree. Far too late to try to be purchasing and breaking in new shoes, especially flip flops which require time for your feet to adjust to the new fit. You can try but I think you'll be sorry you did.

If you truly want to try I would recommend going to a shoe store and trying on before purchasing both for fit and comfort.

You said you already have size 11 flip flops. Have you worn these and are they comfortable? If they are comfortable and you have worn them several times, they should be fine to take on your trip.

I agree with the poster who said not to take shoes to Disney that are brand new. You need to take shoes that you have worn many times already so they have formed to your feet.

I know that, for some, flip flops are comfortable, but like most things in life, everything has a purpose and a place for it to function properly. Walking all day on pavement the heat of the surface of the sun is not the place for flip flops in my opinion. Without even considering the lack of arch support and surface heat, if you never had sunburn on your feet you are in for an experience. You may comfortably wear them the first day, but much discomfort will happen once you feet become bright red. Of course, the choice is yours but it does come with some risk.

I've toured in flip flops many times and they don't bother my feet.

The problem is, they are flat out dangerous when it rains. Your feet will slip off the flop, and depending on the flip flop the bottom will be slippery too.

^^^^^ and this said as a flip flop wearer. I actually walk as much if not more in mine more than at Disney
If you're not used to doing distance walking it probably is a very bad idea
It's sort of more like a safety issue and a lot like driving a car, just because you might be able to maneuver OK doesn't mean everyone else can. You are usually in a large group of people, all of them wearing more substantial shoes and some of them maneuvering strollers, wheelchairs, scooters and some not able to walk and chew gum at the same time and have the grace of a bull in a china shop. At any time your feet are targets for accidental contact with other objects that you don't see while you are engrossed in the sights and sounds of the theme parks and that doesn't matter where else you successfully have made it safely.

I find when I buy flip flops or sandals (Tevas) of any kind I need to try them on to determine if they fit. I notice that I usually need to go up two sizes in Tevas.

as a guy who wears flip flops and slides basically everywhere else, i wouldn't wear them to the parks. 25k steps a day easy on hard (and potentially slippery) pavement and often low visibility to the ground when in crowds.

if you routinely walk miles a day like this with no issues, go for it. but if you don't, you may be in for some pain. i'd say you might be able to wear teva-style strapped sandals, but probably a high potential for blisters if you haven' broken em in.

As an avid flip flop wearer, here’s just a bit of caution: if someone in a crowded place steps on the back of your shoe as you’re stepping, your shoe snaps. I’ve stapled shoes back together on vacation enough times to know this calculated risk. I personally have switched to Birkenstocks for the parks just because it’s too crowded to guarantee my shoes will make it out alive.

DH usually goes a half size smaller in sandals/slides/flip flops vs his other shoes. But it is really dependent on the brand and style.

We both have found alternating shoes to the parks, plus changing into a different pair for roaming around the resort to be really helpful in reducing foot pain/fatigue. We are the weirdos who bring 4 or more pairs of shoes each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter