Flight advice

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
Hello! I’m looking at 3 possible trips next year and am looking for advice on booking flights from Toronto. It’ll be myself, my husband and currently 5 year old son.

In March we’re headed to Costa Rica. Was wondering how is Air Transat? I’m looking at prices and it’s about $400 cheaper for 3 people.

Spain for July... which airline is better? I looked for non-stop flights and could only find Air Canada? Is there any other airline?

Possible Hawaii (Honolulu) for December. (More like wishful thinking, but I like doing research for just in case ;)) I didn’t find any direct flights from Toronto. Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance! :)

I can’t really say as our flight options from west coast are probably different. But my husband refuses to fly Air Transat after several times.

I can’t really say as our flight options from west coast are probably different. But my husband refuses to fly Air Transat after several times.
I was afraid of that! I see mixed reviews for them... but they were cheaper.

Air Transat just won an award for customer service in the specific category of airlines flying to destinations in the Caribbean/Central America. They are no better or worst than any other major airline, including WJ and AC. Like most airlines going south from Canada, it offers no-frills flights to minimize costs, but the infrastructure that backs them is solid. Two companies, including Air Canada, are currently fighting to buy it.

Air Transat just won an award for customer service in the specific category of airlines flying to destinations in the Caribbean/Central America. They are no better or worst than any other major airline, including WJ and AC. Like most airlines going south from Canada, it offers no-frills flights to minimize costs, but the infrastructure that backs them is solid. Two companies, including Air Canada, are currently fighting to buy it.
Thanks for the advice!

leaving from ottawa in the morning,the best and quickest way to get to hawaii for us was,ottawa to either washington dc or chicago,with united, with a 90 minute layover,then direct to honolulu.We used Air Transat for our flight to Ireland a few years ago and they were great.

leaving from ottawa in the morning,the best and quickest way to get to hawaii for us was,ottawa to either washington dc or chicago,with united, with a 90 minute layover,then direct to honolulu.We used Air Transat for our flight to Ireland a few years ago and they were great.
Thanks for the feedback! I may look into either connecting at SFO or New York if it flies direct from there.

I think the difference is that they don't have the number of flights and flexibility that the other airlines do. If a flight is cancelled or has a weather delay, the options to rebook are limited, at least on some routes. My DH flew Air Transat to Portugal and loved it. But he's not ready to take them to MCO, since they only have weekend flights when we want to go and that leaves limited contingency.

I think the difference is that they don't have the number of flights and flexibility that the other airlines do. If a flight is cancelled or has a weather delay, the options to rebook are limited, at least on some routes. My DH flew Air Transat to Portugal and loved it. But he's not ready to take them to MCO, since they only have weekend flights when we want to go and that leaves limited contingency.
Yes! I found the same problem with booking for Costa Rica. They only have flights 2x a week I think. I may consider them for Spain next year. Thanks!!

There have not been direct flights from YYZ to any of the Hawaiian islands for quite a few years.

There are tons of connection options through the west coast on AC, WJ and several of the American carriers. The number of options will vary with which island you choose to fly into with Oahu having the most of course. This also gives you the opportunity to price shop and flights to Hawaii can sometimes be surprisingly affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter