"Five Mickey bars hit you like two glasses of wine!" a Jan 2019 adults-only TR *COMPLETED* 6/25

[Does anyone else just try to make the ugliest car possible
That is pretty darn ugly!
I got a quattro fomaggi pizza with the intention of sharing it, but then Jon ordered lasagna so we shared all three! Of the three, the pizza hands down the best.
Mmmm! Love that pizza!
Unfortunately the photographer didn’t get the memo that I would like a good picture in front of Spaceship Earth. So this is what we got:

Um, yeah no. Just no! Wait until I post the one of my mom and I from the Poly on Valentine’s Day!
But I did come back and they were indeed still there and I kept my promise to myself and went to say hi. I would like to think that it came out very smooth and cool but I’m fairly certain it went more like “HIILOVEYOURBLOGANDYOUREAGREATPHOTOGRAPHERSORRYTOBOTHERYOUBYE.”
Haha, I’ve met them a couple times and they are so nice! Actually ran into Sarah heading towards the bathrooms in DCA and I was like-wait, aren’t you supposed to be in Tokyo? (They had flown back that morning!)
since I'm too indecisive to actually cut any out
Same here! Which is why it takes months for me to finish a TR!
Any guesses for this one??
I don’t know, Loki? But didn’t I already guess Loki? Maybe I just think anything green is Loki?

Or wait, Kim Possible? To be fair, I googled Disney characters green and black and that seemed to fit with the phone photo...
A and I headed to the festival booth to get some frose.

Oh man this stuff is good. I need more frose in my life.
That was such a delicious version! I regret not getting a second one!
And if you want to read more about our planning adventures- check out the PTR HERE)
I don’t think I was following this before, but I will now!
When the show started we had to ask a lady to take off her massive Goofy hat because it was blocking our entire view. Then she and her party proceeded to take photos of each other during the show WITH THE FLASH ON for a good 15 minutes. I don’t even have the energy to explain what kind of feelings that stirred up in me.
Argh! Like, ***! No consideration for others!
I’m actually getting a little sad because I still have a full year before I’m back at my beloved MK again
But before then you’ll get to see Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant, and Sleeping Beauty’s castle, which looks gorgeous right now!

Mmmm! Love that pizza!
Posting the pictures made me crave it so much! It was truly something special.

Wait until I post the one of my mom and I from the Poly on Valentine’s Day!
Ha now I'm intrigued!

Actually ran into Sarah heading towards the bathrooms in DCA and I was like-wait, aren’t you supposed to be in Tokyo? (They had flown back that morning!)
That's awesome! They really were super nice and I'm glad I said hi :D

Or wait, Kim Possible? To be fair, I googled Disney characters green and black and that seemed to fit with the phone photo...
DING DING! Yep we are Kim & Ron!

I regret not getting a second one!
Oh me too friend. Me too.

But before then you’ll get to see Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant, and Sleeping Beauty’s castle, which looks gorgeous right now!
So true! Thanks for cheering me up :)

I love all your photos around Epcot, perfect lighting hour and all so pretty. Your bounds are great. Ron and Kim, am I right? hehe

I'm sorry your friends didn't get to have all that great a HEA experience. It's either not for everyone or not the time, I guess. And yeah, Casey's has gone through quite the controversial change recently. Thank goodness I was never a diehard for it. Bless.

I still need to play around with this new format, but it looks like you can pull a text color with a HEX #! If that's the case, you should be able to grab a screenshot of one of your old posts, go to this website, and click on your text to get the HEX you need to get that perfect, glorious purple color again!

*obligatory gush over your Kim Possible bound*

*obligatory mention that I wracked my brain for what iFart could possibly mean for five full minutes before it dawned on me. iFart. iLove it.*

Via Napoli looked great!!

That Spaceship Earth photo of you and Jon puts the "ART" in "iFart."

I think I've told you this no less than three times now but you are such an incredible photographer! I LOVE all of your shots from Epcot today!!

Caseys no longer has foot long dogs anymore, AND the corn dog nuggets are now made of turkey or chicken or something instead of little beef weenies. I am SAD.

I'm so sorry about HEA :( it's definitely painful when you bring someone to the parks, and you're so excited for them to experience your favorite rides and shows, and they have a less-than-stellar experience :(

That sounds like a rough night at MK. I'm really sorry :hug:

I am READY for this TSL UPDATE!!! SHOW ME THE SLINKY!!! SHOW ME THE SLINKY!!!

tenor.gif

Wow I was behind!

This is what happens when you take a 2 weeks DIS break!

DAH looked amazing I really want to check one out sometime....seems like you got a lot of great stuff done then!

I love the Epcot day, Frose is like my jam, I mean frozen rose, it basically heaven on earth!

I totally get wanting to sleep in, but it’s sooooo hard in Disney! I can sleep when I’m dead, don’t tell my kids of husband this they made me miss RD twice last week :sad:! On my only 2 RD days! Bits a travesty!

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on TSL!!!

Sounds like a delicious lunch!

I love all the photos from your solo walk around epcot!

Ah I'm sorry P&A had a tough experience during HEA :( That really does stink.

My next note says “tolerance for people is gone” with no other notes to explain why.

My sister always hits that wall too by the end of our trip. There's just a certain tolerance level for being running into you, running over your feet with strollers, acting completely inhuman and uncorteuous. You know, the usual for what seems like 80% of park guests!

P&A split off to go to Chefs de France and Jon & I continued on to Italy for a first time restaurant for us- Via Napoli.

This is honestly such a great way to tour with friends. My extended family always feels like everything needs to be done together and in the age of cell phones and easy communication, why not have dinner where each of you would want to go!

Unfortunately the photographer didn’t get the memo that I would like a good picture in front of Spaceship Earth.

You have to wonder if they just aren't paying attention or what. Like A. I'm sure you wanted SE more off center, rather than a third head lo land B. they couldn't wait for you guys to get posed!!
Then I took some pictures of A and the really beautiful Coco-inspired ears that she made.

Very pretty!!

We decided to stop in at the DVC lounge (yeah that came out kind of casual but I was definitely sooo excited to get to go to the DVC lounge for the first time) and we got a snack and a drink and a celebratory button!

This lounge is about the only thing that would sway me to buy direct! lol I guess that's true that they can take it away at any time!

[We call this Millennial Garden Party]

:rotfl:
We had a really good spot but unfortunately we had to share it with some super obnoxious people. When the show started we had to ask a lady to take off her massive Goofy hat because it was blocking our entire view.

Why do people suck??? It starts to make you question your own sanity lol like should I also be wearing super tall hats and talking loudly and be abnormally tall???

We totally understood needing to rest and wished them a good night’s sleep. I think Jon was hopeful that I would also say I didn’t want to RD but he was not in luck. Remember when I said I purposefully did not visit TSL during my solo birthday trip? Yeah there was no way I wasn’t going to ride SDD and we didn’t have a FP and wouldn’t be at DHS near close so RD was our best option.

Hahaha I can only imagine the puppy dog eyes you got when you did not also decide to forego ropedrop. Get with the plan DH! :rotfl2:

Hi, Ann! I'm really enjoying your trip report - it's excellent!

I'm thrilled you loved the Wilderness Lodge! I was really impressed the first time I visited in 2015 (we were there for dinner at Artist Point) and enjoyed it so much that I included it in our split-stay in 2016. It's such a beautiful resort!

Your progressive dinner at Disney Springs looked awesome. CANDIED BACON?! Yum! I can't believe the other group took your reservation... some people have nerves (and balls) of steel. How on earth would someone think that's okay?!

Your day at Universal looked amazing - did you manage to do all of that without Express Passes?! The crowds must've been SO LOW! The Fast and the Furious ride seems to be universally loathed, so now I don't feel bad that it wasn't completed yet on my last trip. I'd also love to have a hot Butterbeer, but it didn't sound appealing (if it was even available?) during my trips in the summer and fall.

The DAH events look so great! They had started the paid early entry during my last two trips, but the evening events sound more appealing to me. You accomplished so many things and your pictures are so much fun!

I also (along with many others on the boards, it seems!) have a GO-mode. I think it's one of the reasons my sister starts calling me "boss" on vacation. ;)

I can't believe this was your first visit to Via Napoli! It's a great spot and I enjoy visiting on every trip - I'm glad you loved it, too!

Wow, you saw Tom Bricker?! How neat! His pictures are amazing! Even if you felt your introduction was rough I'm sure he appreciated your enthusiasm (and perhaps had a good laugh at the interaction with an overenthusiastic fan!). :goodvibes

You're moving along on your report much faster than I (after several long DIS breaks, I'm still working on my 2015 report! :laughing:) so I'd say you're in great shape! I look forward to your next update!

Ron and Kim, am I right? hehe
So right!!

I'm sorry your friends didn't get to have all that great a HEA experience. It's either not for everyone or not the time, I guess
Yeah I would like to think that if we could do it over and they weren't so tired and we didn't have obnoxious people around that they would have enjoyed it more. Oh well!

And yeah, Casey's has gone through quite the controversial change recently. Thank goodness I was never a diehard for it. Bless.
Consider yourself truly lucky that you do not fall into the category of people horrendously put out by this change.

I still need to play around with this new format, but it looks like you can pull a text color with a HEX #! If that's the case, you should be able to grab a screenshot of one of your old posts, go to this website, and click on your text to get the HEX you need to get that perfect, glorious purple color again!
Oh awesome! I can just pull hex codes I like from adobe and use them. Thanks!!

*obligatory mention that I wracked my brain for what iFart could possibly mean for five full minutes before it dawned on me. iFart. iLove it.*

ed laughing.gif

I think I've told you this no less than three times now but you are such an incredible photographer! I LOVE all of your shots from Epcot today!!

You have no idea what it means to hear that. It's been a struggle trying to learn my way around an ~actual~ camera and it's finally starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere!

Caseys no longer has foot long dogs anymore, AND the corn dog nuggets are now made of turkey or chicken or something instead of little beef weenies. I am SAD.

hades what.gif

Don't lie. It's pretty obvious that woman was getting a PP shot with her kid and you just jumped right in.

Okay okay you caught me :P

I love the Epcot day, Frose is like my jam, I mean frozen rose, it basically heaven on earth!

YES! I found a frose margarita at a restaurant a couple months ago and it brought me back. Good times.

I can sleep when I’m dead, don’t tell my kids of husband this they made me miss RD twice last week

Why is it that those closest to us have the greatest capacity to hurt us?

Sounds like a delicious lunch!

I love all the photos from your solo walk around epcot!

Ah I'm sorry P&A had a tough experience during HEA :( That really does stink.

Lunch was delicious!
Thank you- taking pictures is one of my new favorite things to do at a Disney park.
Ah well hopefully they get a chance to watch it again and it's a little more magical.

You know, the usual for what seems like 80% of park guests!

Why is this so, so true? But honestly it even included the people I was with. They weren't being annoying or anything, but there's just so much stress that comes with being the planner that I just needed a few minutes by myself where no one was asking me what was next or depending on me for anything.

This is honestly such a great way to tour with friends.

Yes I can't recommend it enough. See above hahaha

You have to wonder if they just aren't paying attention or what

I honestly don't think I could justify it. And there were two other pictures that were just as bad :rotfl2:it's a good thing we didn't really care about that one!

This lounge is about the only thing that would sway me to buy direct! lol I guess that's true that they can take it away at any time!

Oh sister if the lounge is the only thing nudging you toward direct then just throw it out haha. It was nice but not worth the price difference! We bought direct because we really wanted Copper Creek and there just weren't any resale contracts out yet. Otherwise we would have gone resale all the way.

Why do people suck???

This is what's on my brain about 85% of the time.

Get with the plan DH!

EXACTLY!

Hi, Ann! I'm really enjoying your trip report - it's excellent!

Hi! I'm glad you are enjoying it :D I've mentioned many times but I do not live on bread alone- I also must have constant validation from various forms of media as sustenance. So I thank you for helping me live another day.

I'm thrilled you loved the Wilderness Lodge! I was really impressed the first time I visited in 2015 (we were there for dinner at Artist Point) and enjoyed it so much that I included it in our split-stay in 2016. It's such a beautiful resort!

Oh man. Stunning just doesn't do it justice. I can't wait to spend more and more time here!

Your progressive dinner at Disney Springs looked awesome. CANDIED BACON?! Yum! I can't believe the other group took your reservation... some people have nerves (and balls) of steel. How on earth would someone think that's okay?!

I just...don't even know.

Your day at Universal looked amazing - did you manage to do all of that without Express Passes?! The crowds must've been SO LOW! The Fast and the Furious ride seems to be universally loathed, so now I don't feel bad that it wasn't completed yet on my last trip. I'd also love to have a hot Butterbeer, but it didn't sound appealing (if it was even available?) during my trips in the summer and fall.

No Express Passes at all :cool1: The crowds were seriously so low. It was a cold Tuesday in the middle of January, so that helped. And yeah I'm pretty sure hot butterbeer is only offered in the winter, so maybe if you go back during a cooler season you can try some! I've only ever been to Universal in the winter months so I can't confirm haha

The DAH events look so great! They had started the paid early entry during my last two trips, but the evening events sound more appealing to me. You accomplished so many things and your pictures are so much fun!

Oh I highly, HIGHLY recommend DAH if you can swing it. Especially if your trip is shorter and/or you couldn't get all the FPs you wanted. Plus HELLO free (included) Mickey ice cream.

I also (along with many others on the boards, it seems!) have a GO-mode. I think it's one of the reasons my sister starts calling me "boss" on vacation. ;)

Ooo maybe I should ask Jon to start calling me boss...

I can't believe this was your first visit to Via Napoli! It's a great spot and I enjoy visiting on every trip - I'm glad you loved it, too!

It was really good! I'm glad we finally got to try it.

Wow, you saw Tom Bricker?! How neat! His pictures are amazing! Even if you felt your introduction was rough I'm sure he appreciated your enthusiasm (and perhaps had a good laugh at the interaction with an overenthusiastic fan!). :goodvibes

Yeah we'll go with that :P

You're moving along on your report much faster than I (after several long DIS breaks, I'm still working on my 2015 report! :laughing:) so I'd say you're in great shape! I look forward to your next update!

Catch you on the flippity flop!

I kept my promise to myself and went to say hi. I would like to think that it came out very smooth and cool but I’m fairly certain it went more like “HIILOVEYOURBLOGANDYOUREAGREATPHOTOGRAPHERSORRYTOBOTHERYOUBYE.”

OMG! This is TOTALLY something I would have done.....and have actually done if I'm being honest. (Hangs head in shame)
For my 40th b-day Mr. Spuds and I dined at Alinea. I'm a HUGE Grant Achatz fan. Halfway through dinner I was headed back to our table and I realized Chef himself was at the table next to us. I *calmly* point out to Mr. Spuds that the man himself was in the restaurant. Or at least that's what I though I did. According to Mr. Spuds it was more like, "OMG! DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS??!?!?!?! OMG!!!!!" "Yes Spudsie I know." "OMG!!! NO YOU DON'T! THAT'S GRANT ACHATZ!!!!! OMG!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS?!?!?!" Yeah.....never meet your heros after 15 courses of food and matching amounts of wine. (hangs head in shame) :scared:

Lovin your trip report!

If you have been affected by the loss of a loved one who gave the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country, know that today I am thinking of you and I would like to express my sincere gratitude for their service.
This is the saddest thing ever that I saw related to it:
grave.jpg
On a slightly lighter note, while I adore the board update some of my favorite formatting options are now gone. So please know that it affects you in no way at all but that I am a little sad that my favorite dark magenta-ish font color is no more.

I believe this is the colour you're looking for?
When you go to choose your colour, instead of clicking one of the (very few) available, simply paste (or type) in 330066 in the "HEX color" box.

But we had a big beautiful day ahead of us and sleep is for the weak
::yes::
I got stuck in line with the World’s Most Thorough Bag Checker yet again (how do I always find these people??).
It's a special skill.
[Does anyone else just try to make the ugliest car possible?]
:laughing: Man, that's really... different.
My next note says “tolerance for people is gone” with no other notes to explain why.
:rolleyes1 I'm sure it was due to a very pleasant encounter.
[Pretend there is a photo of the Figment magnet from iFart because I failed as both a TR writer and an Instagrammer by not getting one]
oooohhhh... ahhhhh....
The dolphins were being super playful
Must admit to having seen them very little. When I'm in the water, we're told to stay at least six feet away from the barrier.
I'm usually too busy interacting with kids, anyways.
I started off with a Bellini (when in fake Rome, amirite??)
mmmmm... Bellini...
Of the three, the pizza hands down the best.
I must be the only DISer who isn't impressed by their pizza.
[Notice the already demolished lasagna. It was really good and I completely forgot to get a photo pre-consumption]
:laughing: That's okay. It happens. Sometimes hunger wins.
Lunch was finished just in time to catch a Voices of Liberty performance,
Nice!
Sorry for failing on the photo front so much today, guys. I’ll try to be better. For your sakes.
Sometimes you just have to enjoy your vacation. I get it. Oh, I get it.
:laughing: Nice.
(yes, I’m just trying to write iFart as much as possible).
:laughing: I noticed!
Unfortunately the photographer didn’t get the memo that I would like a good picture in front of Spaceship Earth. So this is what we got:
Well, you look cute, but.... Sorry, Jon.
“Jon! I think that’s Tom Bricker!” and he was like “Who’s that?” and I was like “IT’S DEFINITELY TOM BRICKER. I WANT TO SAY HI.”
Who's that?
If you don’t know who Tom Bricker is (first of all, I’m sorry for you), he is the creator of the Disney Tourist Blog.
Ah. And had no idea.
I am incredibly shy, especially around meeting new people
ooooohhh.... Now I want to meet you, just to see if you squirm.
Finally I decided that I would go to the bathroom and if they were still there when I came back then I would say hi.
:lmao: Way to be decisive!
I imagine that when I left to answer the call of nature she leaned over and warned Tom about the strange girl standing 15 feet away starting at them like Ginny stares at Harry when they first meet.
:laughing:
HIILOVEYOURBLOGANDYOUREAGREATPHOTOGRAPHERSORRYTOBOTHERYOUBYE.”
:rotfl:
Gorgeous photo!
Too cute!
Wow! Great idea! (Even if the lighting isn't too great)
[Apparently this lady really wanted to be in the picture with me]
She succeeded.
Nice one!
Any guesses for this one??
I really suck at these, but... Kim Possible?
We stopped at the mural first to get our art on.
That looks like so much fun. Maybe some day... :)
Oh man this stuff is good. I need more frose in my life.
::yes::

[We call this Millennial Garden Party]
:laughing: Perfect!

Of your photo dump, I like these the best:

This one just makes me dizzy!
It was finally time for P&A to experience Happily Ever After the right way.
Yay!... um... yay?
Also did I just read somewhere that Casey’s won’t have foot long hot dogs anymore? This is an absolute tragedy. I just want that to be said.
Huh!
Never been a huge fan of the hot dogs there, tbh. We have the world's best here, so... :confused3
As usual, seating around Casey’s was nuts but we did manage to snag a standing table around the corner. Not the best option after a long day of park touring but hey we’re used to it.
Been there, done that.
We had a really good spot but unfortunately we had to share it with some super obnoxious people.
:( That sucks.
Then she and her party proceeded to take photos of each other during the show WITH THE FLASH ON for a good 15 minutes.
Wow. Just... wow.
Then on the other side there was a group of teenage boys who were talking loudly and singing annoyingly throughout the show and moving around and just being ridiculously tall (I know I can’t blame them for being tall but by that point I was pretty much done with everything about them).
Stop being tall! Crouch a little!
Gorgeous shot!! What were your settings?
really wanted to go get a citrus cream swirl and we still had an hour of park time so Jon and I fought the crowds to get over to Adventureland only to find out that Sunshine Tree Terrace was closed.

Womp womp.
:sad2:
It took a bit to decide but in the end I chose a birthday cake candy apple
Sounds yummy!
Treats in tow we made it to our bus stop and eventually back to our room, where we watched some How I Met Your Mother while I snacked on my candy apple and sipped some Coke Zero. As simple as that sounds, it was honestly amazing after a rough couple of hours.

:hug:

OMG! This is TOTALLY something I would have done.....and have actually done if I'm being honest. (Hangs head in shame)
For my 40th b-day Mr. Spuds and I dined at Alinea. I'm a HUGE Grant Achatz fan. Halfway through dinner I was headed back to our table and I realized Chef himself was at the table next to us. I *calmly* point out to Mr. Spuds that the man himself was in the restaurant. Or at least that's what I though I did. According to Mr. Spuds it was more like, "OMG! DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS??!?!?!?! OMG!!!!!" "Yes Spudsie I know." "OMG!!! NO YOU DON'T! THAT'S GRANT ACHATZ!!!!! OMG!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS?!?!?!" Yeah.....never meet your heros after 15 courses of food and matching amounts of wine. (hangs head in shame) :scared:

Lovin your trip report!
I am SO glad to know that I'm not the only person who is a spaz around "celebrities!" Although at least you had the excuse of being slightly less than sober :P

This is the saddest thing ever that I saw related to it:
Wow that is truly heartbreaking. I can't imagine the pain of losing someone like that. I've had a few family members in active duty in the past but they thankfully all returned home and have since retired.

When you go to choose your colour, instead of clicking one of the (very few) available, simply paste (or type) in 330066 in the "HEX color" box.
Thanks!

It's a special skill.
taken.gif

:laughing: Man, that's really... different.
We strive for creativity over functionality in our house.

I must be the only DISer who isn't impressed by their pizza.
Actually I read about someone recently who feels the same way. So never fear- you are not alone!

Now I want to meet you, just to see if you squirm.
I 100% will squirm, no offense to you. It's how I am with everyone.

(Even if the lighting isn't too great)
I really suck at these, but... Kim Possible?
Yeah I mean it was just so dark and overcast that day it was really hard to find the light 😒

Of your photo dump, I like these the best:
Thanks! I waited soooo long for that thing to come by.

We have the world's best here, so...
Okay hot dogs are one of my top 6 favorite foods so I must know where to find the best

Gorgeous shot!! What were your settings?
My settings were iPhone 8 Plus haha. That was a quick shot on my phone but it worked out really well!

We strive for creativity over functionality in our house.
Apparently!
Actually I read about someone recently who feels the same way. So never fear- you are not alone!
It was probably me, on another thread. :lmao:
I 100% will squirm, no offense to you. It's how I am with everyone.
Awwwwww…. :) :hug:
Thanks! I waited soooo long for that thing to come by.
Dedication. Sign of a good photographer.
Okay hot dogs are one of my top 6 favorite foods so I must know where to find the best
Half Moon Drive In. Been serving pretty much nothing but hotdogs since 1938.
My settings were iPhone 8 Plus haha. That was a quick shot on my phone but it worked out really well!
:laughing:
Well... still pretty impressive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter