• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fitting in SeaWorld

Fargoman2

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW for 6 full days of touring. My original plan is to
buy a 5 day park hopper and break it up in the middle with a
leisure, low-activity day.

Should I be considering a 4 day hopper instead and fitting in SeaWorld?
Hint: We were at SeaWorld in San Diego two years ago.

What do you think?

If you enjoyed Seaworld in San Diego, I would by all means visit the one in Florida if you have the time. It's a really nice park IMO and a wonderful way to break up the week. It's also a good place to rest a bit from all of the Disney activity even though it seems like you're constantly walking. :)

Have fun whichever you choose.

We always fit Sea World into our disney trips...it is so wonderful here, and even better now with the new rides!

Definately fit it in.

We are considering going to Sea World on our next trip. Does anyone have an extra park guide they could send me? Please send me a pm if you do. Thanks.

Thanks for the input on the SeaWorld dilemma.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but admission looks a bit spendy
at SeaWorld. Add in transportation from our Disney resort and this could be a very expensive 1-day diversion. Is it worth it? Are there any deals?

Last year, we went to seaworld and I purposely stayed at the Grovesner for 1 night not to interfere with our disney package. From the Grovesnor, we shared a bus/taxi with other guests to seaworld. I believe the cost was $10 per person. I purchased the seaworld tickets in advance from AAA.

I liked seaworld but wouldn't go out of my way again to see it. Once was enough.

Fargoman2,

Seaworld is no cheaper than a day at WDW, and I doubt that would surprise you, but from your comments, I think perhaps you saw the price for Discovery Cove which is $199 for a day and includes a dolphin interaction and lunch, plus 7 days admission to the actual Seaworld park.

You can get a small discount on Seaworld in several ways, like buying at AAA or using a discount card - we got one free from our school district - that is pretty easy to come by. Usually, buying a one day ticket can get you in for a second day free, too, as long as you pick up a pass before you leave that first day.

Anyway, our family loves Seaworld and we used to buy annual passes when we lived in Jacksonville. We never tired of it. Have fun!

The one day admission to Seaworld is around $52, but I am not sure if that was before or after they raised their admissions for this year. For a family of 4 that is over $200, plus transportation and meals. I can see what you mean, that is an increase over what it would cost you to just add a day to your WDW hopper.

Seaworld is, however, completely different from what you will see at any of the Disney parks, so if you are up for the cost, it would not be a wasted day.

Have a great time:)

Remeber, that he may get a second day free when you are at seaworld as well.

They have a fairly continuous second day free.

There are some hotels that are pretty close to seaworld, and it wasn't far from the Disney property as well, if you have a rental/own car.

I did Discovery Cove, so all my visits were covered, we went four times.

Isn't there also the Fun Card (or something like that?) where you get into the AHB parks for one year for $49? Am I butchering the details?

We are doing Flex pass this year, and it is included in the Flex Ticket prices.

At first glance you would think there is nothing one can do in Orlando for under $50 per person, but when you get to town stop at any local 7-11, IHOP, souvineer shop or the lobby of any independant hotel and you will find TONS of coupon magazines and brochures with things to do and see.
There is Ripley's Museum, Titanic, Spendid China, and a couple other local attractions. They are nice, under $50, but not cheap. A visit to FAO Schwartz is free and quite an amazing place but almost impossible to resist buying SOMETHING- you could end up spending much more than a visit to Sea World here!
You might like one of the water parks, I have only been to Wet and Wild but it was less than $30 per person and we did have a great day there!
Of course the cheapest thing is spending a day chillin out at your hotel pool. You will find most veteran O-Town visitors make that part of their plan especially if they are staying more than 4-5 days. It really helps to fend off that "I need a vacation from my vacation" feeling.
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter