Fishing Excursion into the World Showcase Lagoon

mydisneyobsession

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I need some help with fishing excursions. I have found references to fishing excursions that take you inside the World Showcase Lagoon but they are all pretty old. I'm having trouble determining if this is something that's still offered.

I booked a 7AM excursion out of the Yacht Club Marina, but the CM at reservations didn't have any idea where the boat would go, and apparently didn't have any other resources available for any more information.

Has anyone fished inside the World Showcase recently, or does anyone know if this is (or ever was) an option?

If the World Showcase thing isn't going to happen, I'd rather book a trip out of the Polynesian resort. Any information is very much appreciated so that I can get through this current trip planning crisis and move on to the next one.

Thanks so much!

The fishing is much better out of Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. There is much more area to cover and more opportunities. We recently did a fishing excursion during our October 2011 Trip. Here is a link to some pictures we took. We did the 1:30pm excursion. The excursion is based out of Ft. Wilderness Campground but since we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge they came to our dock and picked us up.

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43321765&postcount=6

Thank you for sharing your pictures! Looks like a great time. I was glad to see pictures of the little passenger, because we'll have one, too!

I think I'll rebook to do the fishing from the Polynesian instead. We're currently scheduled for the early morning excursion, but it would be nice to sleep in. It looks like you still caught a lot in the afternoon!

Yes my daughter was 16 months and the life vest was still a little big for her but she is very petite. It was the smallest size they had. It was manditory for her to wear the life vest the entire time. Which by the end she didn't like and wanted to take off. :)

We did WS last month and have done B Lake as well. Fishing was just as good at EPCOT-and yes they do go into EPCOT. Really liked B Lake a bit better for a one time thing-pics in front of MK etc was cool, but since we had done it-EPCOT was great as well.

wdw2012301.jpg

wdw2012302-1.jpg

wdw2012287-1.jpg

wdw2012292-1-1.jpg

wdw2012330-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter