Fish Extenders?

What a great thread! This tradition hadn't started yet when my DW and last sailed with DCL (June 2000). I'm really hoping my cruisemates coming up on the July 2009 cruise do this. My DW already said she'd be happy to make one, so when she does I'll be sure to post a pic. :)

The creativity here is astonishing, it relaly gave her some great ideas as we read the thread together.
When in July are you going? We are sailing 7/25-8/1 and I am hoping someone will be interested in this also.

Kwalters said:
When in July are you going? We are sailing 7/25-8/1 and I am hoping someone will be interested in this also.
My DW and I are on the 7/4-7/11 trip. If you are interested in an exchange post on your Meet thread and see what other parties have started a group, or like I will probably do, start one of your own :)

Have a great trip!

3273648130_e3016e8bd5.jpg

Hi,
How did you add the names without sewing at all? Super cute!

After several requests I have finally gotten around to writing the directions to how I did it. What I did is very similar to the directions on earlier posts so those provided great guidance.

Supplies:

2 yards of fabric (two colors – one yard each)
Double fold bias tape
Dowell Rod
Iron-On Patches
1 Package of Iron-On Interfacing
1 Package of Heat-n-Bond No Sew Ultra Hold 7/8 in. hem
1 Package of Heat-n-Bond No Sew 1 Yard
Various Colors of Ribbon

1. Cut fabric to be used as the body of the FE to be 8 in. wide by 58 in. in length. When folded the FE will be 29 in. in length.
2. Cut fabric for the three pockets, cut each pocket 11 in. wide by 12 in. in length. When folded each pocked will be 6 in. in length.
3. On the inside of the FE body piece and each pocket iron on the interfacing. Once cooled completely I ironed on the sheet of Heat-n-Bond cut 8 in. by 29 in. to the inside of the body of the FE.
4. On each of the 3 folded pockets I made pleats so that the pockets were 2 in.-pleat-4 in.-pleat 2 in. To secure the pleats I used the Heat-n-Bond Ultrahold hem. This was done on the cut side so that the top edge would be folded and clean.
5. Next I used the heat-n-bond hem to add 8 in. strips of the double fold bias tape to the bottom of each pocket.
6. Next I lined up the pockets on the body of the FE starting 8 in. from the top and then about 1 in. apart. I market the spots with a pencil and secured the bottom and sides of the pockets using the heat-n-bond hem.
7. Once all cooled. I used the double fold bias tape for the perimeter of the body of the FE which again was secured using the iron on hem.
8. Once cooled I ironed on the patches to each of the pockets.
9. I then folded down the top of the FE about 2 inches and secured to the back of the FE by the iron-on hem creating a little opening to insert the dowel rod.
10. Using the multicolored ribbon I made it long enough so that the FE would hang approximately 7-8 in. from a hanger.
11. For our names I bough iron-on computer paper and printed the names on the computer. Then I cut and surrounded the paper with double fold bias tape attached using the iron-on hem. Finally I ironed on the name piece.

I think that’s all. I’ve never tried to write directions for anything like this before. Everything I used I bought from either Wal-Mart, Michaels, or Joann’s Fabrics.

Here's the picture again of the final result.
DSC02144.jpg

What a nice idea, particularly for the kiddos! Now I have one more thing to add to the list of things to do before we leave!

What a nice idea, particularly for the kiddos! Now I have one more thing to add to the list of things to do before we leave!

Fun for kids and adults!!! Just be sure you sign up with a group to exchange gifts with. Some people just hang a FE and wonder why they don't get any treats!!

depends on what cruise you are going on - for our cruise there is a different thread all together.

what cruise are you going on?

check the main meet thread for that cruise and ask if they are doing the FE's - it could be that no one has started the thread yet which makes it easy for you to start one.

if there is one someone will direct you to it.

How can I post pictures on here? I can't seem to figure it out. I have them in my pictures on my computer. Thanks so much for anyones help!

you have to upload it to a photo site like photobucket then you can add the image here

if you don't have a photo bucket site - it's free and easy.

once you get the site ready you follow the directions to upload to the site then copy the image address and post it here :)

check the main meet thread for that cruise and ask if they are doing the FE's - it could be that no one has started the thread yet which makes it easy for you to start one.

if there is one someone will direct you to it.

Thanks, I'll go check it out!

i've got instrustions if you want me to post them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter