Fish Extenders?

101DalmFan

DIS Veteran
Okay, dumb newbie question here. Please bear with me :rolleyes1

I've looked and looked on these boards, and I'm still unsure as to what a "fish extender" is. My girlfriend Lori and I have signed up late for this cruise (we don't have a stateroom # yet -- argh), but we have submitted our names to be on the roster -- and I'm not sure if we now require a "fish extender". That's fine ... if everyone else has one we want one too :yay: ... but help!

How do I get one/make one/buy one............and...........where do I put it? Ack!

I know, I know .... newbies! :rotfl2:

Lenore

If you go to the cruise meets forum and check out the DVC members cruise, those folks should be able to help you as they are using them.

oh wait......here's a picture from somenone's DVC cruise last year, so at least you'll know what you are asking about:

SSMC05door.jpg

It comes from someone who sells them on e-bay, I believe.

101DalmFan said:
Okay, dumb newbie question here. Please bear with me :rolleyes1

I've looked and looked on these boards, and I'm still unsure as to what a "fish extender" is.

Lenore

Check P1 P5 of the cruise meets board for the date you are cruising on..this will give you all the info you need.

Can't get them in Canada! Surprise! Surprise!

Ebay

Good Luck finding one!

j

Thanks for the large picture; it really helps! I now see that it's hanging on a fish .... hence, fish extender -- makes more sense now! :)

Of course, at this late date, even buying one off eBay and receiving it within a week, here in Canada, would likely be impossible.

Ah well, thanks for all your help!

ibouncetoo said:
If you go to the cruise meets forum and check out the DVC members cruise, those folks should be able to help you as they are using them.

oh wait......here's a picture from somenone's DVC cruise last year, so at least you'll know what you are asking about:

SSMC05door.jpg

And they are used for? Is it just a DVC thing? A maibox? I'm going on the Wonder on January 18 and don't know anyone who might leave me "mail"... at least not yet!

- Denise (aka lotter)

dlotter said:
And they are used for? Is it just a DVC thing? A maibox? I'm going on the Wonder on January 18 and don't know anyone who might leave me "mail"... at least not yet!

- Denise (aka lotter)
HAve you subscibed to the Cruise Meet thread for your cruise and met your fellow DISser's? They might have something for you, or you for them.

alanapapa said:
HAve you subscibed to the Cruise Meet thread for your cruise and met your fellow DISser's? They might have something for you, or you for them.

Yes, Thank you Alanapapa. I've posted a message on the Cruise Meets thread and also entered it into the database thingie. I have heard from one person who will be on her honeymoon on the January 18th Wonder. :bride:

Hopefully as the cruise gets closer, I'll hear from a few more!

off topic: Can anyone tell me if this DIS board has adopted green as its "official color"? I've notice a trend in green DIS mickey head logos!

- Denise (aka dlotter)

ibouncetoo said:

SSMC05door.jpg

Hey, that's MY door!!! That was from last years DVC member cruise. I purchased the "fish extender" from mrs.lips on eBay. At the time, she had a bunch in different colors.

Fish Extenders are very cool!
It was so much fun coming back to our cabin and finding goodies in the pockets.

My DD has ours hanging on the back of her bedroom door and we'll probably take it with us on the Magic Saturday. We may be the only ones who have one and probably won't have much use for it this cruise, but since we got it on our first ever DCL trip, it's a tradition - can't cruise without it. ;)

And to think I know the person who started the madness, it's almost like having a brush with celebrity.

Hi Deb :wave:

Alas, I have forgotten. What is the "real name" for the fish extenders?

Here's another fish extender. This one was made by one of our "Wonder"ful cruise mates and we personalized it for the 11 day Southern. It was great fun to have a place for our "mail". Like AZ Pirates I can't imagine cruising without it now. :goodvibes We will definately bring it on our next trip, whether we anticipate mail or not. A tradition has begun.

100_0406.jpg

Im trying to find one of these on ebay, and try as I might, none of the sellers seem to know that in reality, they ARE fish extenders! :rotfl: What keywords should I be searching for?

Az Pirates said:
Fish Extenders are very cool!
It was so much fun coming back to our cabin and finding goodies in the pockets.

My DD has ours hanging on the back of her bedroom door and we'll probably take it with us on the Magic Saturday. We may be the only ones who have one and probably won't have much use for it this cruise, but since we got it on our first ever DCL trip, it's a tradition - can't cruise without it. ;)

And to think I know the person who started the madness, it's almost like having a brush with celebrity.

Hi Deb :wave:

:wave: Hi

I am not sure about the celebrity part LOL!

Yes I did start the madness! I still laugh when I see threads started about them :rotfl2: And just more amazed at how they have taken off.

Search on ebay for wall hanging I believe. The lady that had them on ebay bought them from the same discount store that I did.

Good luck!
Debbie

OK, pardon this complete brain-dead question: the "Mail" is DIS'er communication a la' "meet you in the Walt Theatre at 9:00" or "Mike and Trish will be at the Goofy pool until 6:30" or "Does DD want to go to the midnight showing of Cars?", Is that right?

Veteran of 4 cruises and this is one thing I've yet to see. :smooth: heh-heh-heh one more thing to drive DH crazy with.

Things to plan: T-shirts, magnets, DIS meets, cocktail parties, fish extenders, ... oh yeah, another cruise!
I :love: the DIS!!!

Ok...now...what was the original purpose for the fish?? Is it just a decoration that you came up with the idea of hanging something on? Or did DCL have some intention for them?? :scratchin:

You know what this means?? Soon DCL will be selling these for $40!!! :laughing:

karen :)

kecall said:
Ok...now...what was the original purpose for the fish?? Is it just a decoration that you came up with the idea of hanging something on? Or did DCL have some intention for them?? :scratchin:

You know what this means?? Soon DCL will be selling these for $40!!! :laughing:

karen :)

The purpose was to have a spot for other disers to deposit little gifts, If they wanted!!

Most Items are a surprise. was real neat to come home each day and find a little something in your FE.

Here is what we recieved on the May Repo Cruise.
And Much More!!!

SAILAWAY GIFTS & SUCH

*Two Meet's scheduled, Deck 10 at 3 pm, and the deck 10 Sailaway Party.

Disneydreamer8 = Sailaway Party List, .
See the Current list.

New
Sailor-Of-Panama = Sailaway Gift, Custom Printed tin's Of Disney Mints. To Be Given Out At The Sailaway Party..

Cinderelly516 & Airtime247 = Sailaway gift To Be delivered To Your Fish, It is A DCl Cookbook. One for Each Cabin. Using The master List.

Jeff & Jen = Door Magnets, Gift to all.See Them Here...

Wrabitdad = Surprise Gift Bag

Spros = Sailaway Gift

Bonzie 1 = Sailaway Gift

MyFairyGodMother = Sailaway Gift

Scott H. & Lynn = cruise Sailaway Gift. We will be making letters of Marque for Pirate Night. More info Here.

Q's MY Princess & Prince Charming = Sailaway Gift, Pirate Night door magnets, are my sailaway gift to all those DISboarders out there who are participating in Pirate Night on our cruise. Either PM or post your pirate name(s). Let me know which one you would like by either PMing me or posting a comment under the picture you like here on this site. See Them Here. Time Is Running Out..

AshleyDoc = We are bringing some small souvenirs of London to give out at the 3pm Sailaway, have a few London Pins if anyone anyone would like.

WebRay = Surprise Gift, To be Delivered to Your Fish. If You are on the List.

LittleKid58 = Sailaway Gift, Bottles of bubbles..

MEB51 = Bringing small bottles of bubbles to the sail-away party at 3:00 Pm.

Tap & Dap = Sailaway Gift, Sandal Key chain.
LITTLEKID58 = Bringing Mardi Gras Beads. for the Sailaway .

Cotomom, 3DAN & rcostello1 = A Cute little idea. For a Sailaway Gift

ShellofclearH20 = Special Surprise at Sailaway Party.

Moocow35 = Surprise

First Timers =Gifts to share at the Sail aways, and Special Plastic Wine glasses for the Wine tasting party.

VideoGal1 & Cash = Sailaway goodies that will be keyed to stateroom numbers. FromThe Master List..

Mickey & Joshnut = For the Sailaway Gift, making special customized lifesavers wrappers.

Janis = Sailaway Gift, mini flashlight keychains.

Bonzie1 and Brisully= To see It. Click Here

Karaeric, AZpirates, Seaulater, Kpros / Spros, DisneyPinDiva, Scott H., Hygiene99, BobandLee and WebmasterRegina. =

Name Badge's / Lanyard Give Away.
Gift To All...

Thanks again To Debbie who came up with these just a couple of weeks Before the trip..
SSMC05door.jpg

On the 11 night Wonder Trip!
A Couple named Carol and Doug,- Pahrumpgirl, Made about 101 or so of these for people on the 11 night trip, as a gift! ;)
Thanks to them for all there hard work!!
:grouphug:
100_0406.jpg

11 night FE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter