First Trip To Tokyo

DarthGallifrey

Mouseketeer
Just some general questions of a good time to go and how many days to devote to the parks on top of having plenty of time to explore Tokyo etc.

Crowds are important, but I am not necessarily looking for the lowest. Good weather, events, etc will factor into my decision as well. I also don't want to go when it is so slow that I miss any of the rides.

Thanks in advance :stitch2:

Also, who would you recommend to go through for booking?

Last edited:
I recommend mid May. Weather's pretty good, crowds are fairly low. And I'd recommend four days at the resort.

Our first trip to Tokyo we booked it ourselves. Our second trip I used tripmasters for our flights and our hotels other than the nights at Disney.

Avoid:
  • Christmas & New Year period
  • Golden Week, late April through early May
  • July & August
  • Weekends, if you can - try to come during the week
Mid-late May & early June are good times to come and would seem to fit best with what you want.

But be aware that just about any time you go it might feel crowded. I’ve been in the middle of March and November in the rain and crowds were still heavy in my opinion.

Early to mid April if you want Sakura in peak bloom. Middle of May to mid June to avoid the heat and humidity.

Each park can be done on day but I’d plan for 2 to really get the most out it. Ueno Park is a week byand of itself with all the museums and the Zoo. If you want to venture out to say Yokohama or Kamakura those are day trips.

We were ‘local’ and stayed at the New Sanno, the Army run hotel in Tokyo’s embassy district. We just booked through base travel office

The week after Golden Week until early June is my favorite time to visit. 3.5 or 4 days at TDR would be ideal, more if you have small children. I would suggest a minimum of 7 days for Tokyo, but it's possible to get a good feel for the city in 5 days. I've always booked travel myself, but I would suggest either JTB or HIS offices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter