First trip to Sea World since 1987!!!

mum4jenn

<font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<
We are taking my 3 year old dd to sea world on the Sat before Memorial Day. Any tips??? I have not been since 1987 and my dh has not been since 1979. We are looking forward to it!!! My dd loves the living seas at Epcot and I think she will enjoy this. Are there any secrets out there I need to know about???:smooth:

Congratulations! There have been lots of changes just in the past few years!

I'm not sure if you're a ride enthusiast, but I hear Kraken is the first thing to do before the lines get long (this opened after my last visit). Next is Atlantis, which I did do, and IMHO, I think this is an excellent ride!

Other than that, the rest of the day can probably be planned around the shows. Be sure you get a map when you enter, which will list all the shows. Choose which ones interest you (or if you're like me, ALL of them), and plan accordingly. I like to put a little check mark next to the time of the shows so I know where we're going when. I also enjoy feeding the sea lions, I think it's $1 for a plate of 3 fish. But BEWARE OF THE SEAGULLS!!! They steal fish, and they will ruffle YOUR feathers a bit!!!

That sounds like fun. I do not know how much riding we will get to do since my dd is so young but I know she will enjoy feeding the sea lions and touching the stingrays.

Don't miss Shamu's Happy Harbor (I think that's the name). It's a HUGE play area that she's not going to believe. It's right behind Shamu Stadium.

Also, if you think the motion simulator on the Arctic Adventure might be too much for her, they have an alternate route that avoids that part and lets you go in to see the rest of the attraction (beluga whales, etc,).

I think I read on here that the Pet Show is closed for the summer, but if I'm wrong, be sure to see that!

She'll probably love the Clydesdales too.

Thanks for the ideas. Jennifer is getting sooooo excited about going here.

I haven't been to sea World either since 1987!! We too are thinking of going there this year. Let me know how it was.

We went on the Saturday before Memorial Day. It has changed bunches and we had a very good time. It was VERY HOT that day so we would have stayed longer than we did. We arrived shortly after opening but left around 4pm. We saw the main things such as Shamu and DD was able to feed the Stingrays and the SeaLions.Word to the wise!!!!!.......if you go and buy the fish to feed to the stingrays and SeaLions, beware of the BIRDS that will steal your fish in the quickest second I have ever been through.!!!!!!!!!They are very fast and very tricky.

DH and the kids have never been to SW. We are staying at the Sheraton World which is close to SW, I hope. Our plan is we can go back to the room and relax and then go back into Sw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter