First Trip!!! Help with my schedule

Your revised Magic Kingdom plan looks good! Better off without the break honestly. Regarding Enchanted Tales with Belle..if she doesn't speak or understand English then the whole experience may go over her head. It's all about the retelling of Beauty and the Beast, so she may feel kind of lost. I would choose another experience.

No you wouldn't need a FP for Peter Pan if you get there right at rope drop. The queue is very interesting so even if you have to wait 15-20 minutes, it's still worth it!

I am so excited for your first trip! With a 5-year old I would NOT skip BBB. My daughter LOVED it at 5 and remembers that more than Disney itself. I know they have it at Disney Springs but at the park gives her the chance to walk around like a princess all day and she will love that! Plus the cast members will more than likely interact with her! We have stayed at POR several times and it never took a half hour to get back to the resort, even at Christmas time when the crowds were insane. Don't waste money on taxis....the Disney transportation is great! ENJOY!!!!!

I am so excited for your first trip! With a 5-year old I would NOT skip BBB. My daughter LOVED it at 5 and remembers that more than Disney itself. I know they have it at Disney Springs but at the park gives her the chance to walk around like a princess all day and she will love that! Plus the cast members will more than likely interact with her! We have stayed at POR several times and it never took a half hour to get back to the resort, even at Christmas time when the crowds were insane. Don't waste money on taxis....the Disney transportation is great! ENJOY!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!! I wouldn,t change or cancel her BBB appointment for anything. It's her Birthday gift and I was SO happy to be able to book it on the exact day she turns 5!

This is way more stressful/exciting to plan than I every thought possible!!!

I know :( But I really don't have the money for more park days unfortunately :( I'm paying for everyone and I'm a full-time student/single-mom hahaha

Plus, we're going in July, which is SUPER busy, so I have no idea how many rides I can do without FastPasses. There's my DD's BBB appointment that,s going to take so much time (she's getting the whole deal) and I tried to make the schedule so that we don't spend those park days hurrying for the next thing.
I could take a FastPass for something other than the Fireworks, but since the MK will be fully packed in July, I really want a good seat without having to wait 60 minutes for a spot...

I'm open to more suggestions though!
You can definitely get more attractions in, even just going for two days, with crowds. How about signing up for touring plans. I did this a couple of days before my kids left for a two day HS trip, and they got so much done. You can get more done the first hour after rope drop than the rest of the day. Do you have a guide book? I like the unofficial guide.

If BBB is a can't miss...skip the 3pm parade...that will just be misery for her in that heat, dressed up the way she'll be. Instead, spend the time visiting princesses and riding indoor air-conditioned rides/attractions or rides/attractions with covered, cool line waits...

My first thought was it's not nearly enough time in the parks. Personally, I would do a 4 day ticket and would be in a park on arrival day and on the Thursday. I see that you did mention that the cost of the park tickets is the issue, but I would forego some of the expensive meals to free up some funds. For a shorter trip like yours, having half of the time as down time is not my preference.

I also think you can fit a lot more attractions into your plans, you have a lot of down time not accounted for. MK day as an example, you have BBB and then nothing until the parade at 3:00, there's time in there for an attraction or two for sure.

My only other observation is the MK day is very long and it will be coming off of a late night the day before and that may very well not go over well with a 5 year old, although you know your 5 year old best. My #1 tip for parents travelling with younger kids is to keep eat and sleep patterns as close to home as possible to minimize meltdowns. I would be concerned with going to bed around 11:00 and then getting up very early the next day to be at MK for 8:00am and then not getting to sleep that night until after midnight. If you end up staying with just 2 park days, maybe swap your Wednesday and Thursday so your down day is in between your two park days. I would skip the movie that night and opt for an earlier be time.

Whatever you decide on, I hope you have a fantastic time!

Great job planning! My personal rule is only one dinning reservation per day. With fast passes and dinning reservations you can spend your whole vacation trying to beat the clock! I would recommend looking for an alternative counter/quick service restaurant on your park days where you have two dinning reservations. Plus that allows you a little more flexibility in your day if your kid falls in love with a splash pad for an hour that you had not planned!

Also I noticed you have two park days and back to back and then what we like to call a "chill day" on Thursday. With our little ones, alternating park day and chill days stretches them out a little more and helps with the nasty cases of the tireds!

But that's just me! Take it with a grain of salt because you know your travel party best!

Most of all...enjoy!

If Magic Kindgom is opening at 9am, I would plan to get on the bus before 8am. They are opening up Main Street at 7:45 now, and you will be behind a big crowd if you don't arrive to the castle until close to 9. This will put you in the back of the pack headed to Fantasyland. I'm sure many go towards 7DMT, but a fair number go to PP as well. Just my 2 cents 8o) I'm sure you'll find you have extra time in your schedule to do more rides. I'd suggest Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin as something fun to go on.

FYI: Affection Station is typically open 10-5pm. check your dates - this tripped me up with my upcoming trip as I had planned to do that first thing (in the hopes of seeing any surgical procedures) and then head over to Sanaa for 11am for lunch. With the time to travel there by train, this wasn't going to work for me and I had to change Sanaa to dinner.

Its too bad you can't put the rest day in the middle, but I understand the Thursday is your DD's actual birthday and you want to be in MK for that. Overall, your plans sound good with plenty of time to fit in extra rides while you are there. I like that you didn't succumb to the temptation to squeeze too much in. That said, there are ways to easily fit a few more things in.

For your MK day, if the park opens at 9am, you can enter Main street at 8am. The Welcome show starts at 8:55am. If you want to watch this, you won't be able to take the jitney up Main Street after the park opens. I'd plan it a little later to maybe take it DOWN Main Street? That said, with only one park day - I'd think adding a "real" ride or two would be a bit more magical (although the jitneys are definitely fun).

Anyway - I would suggest:
7:45 - wait for MK bus at POR
8:15 - 8:45am - arrive in MK, check out Main St, have breakfast, and absorb the atmosphere, and take some time to take multiple photos with the Castle - I always NEED at least one awesome shot with the Castle :)
8:55 - Welcome Show
9am - Peter Pan (go through the Castle immediately after the Welcome Show is over)
9:10 - Winnie the Pooh (both Peter and Pooh are walkons at this time and are very short rides)
9:20 - Enchanted Tales with Belle (usually a walk on this early - so you can use your FP+ for something else)
9:45 - 7DMT with FP+

I'd also consider adding in a meet with talking Mickey on Main Street. There really is something magical about a photo with Mickey when visiting WDW.

For your AK day, since Affection Station won't open until 10am, I would consider flipping your Pandora explorations to the morning (when it may not be as busy to wander since everyone will be rushing to the rides) OR doing your character meets first (note - this week, Baloo & King Louie's schedule is from 10:30am-1:30pm & 2:40pm-6:00pm). I like to check wdwent.com for this type of info as he publishes the new schedules every week. Times do change as the times guide is published weekly so make sure you double check.

OR what would likely be better - move your Safari to 9am at opening. The animals are really active in the morning, its a nice way to kick off an AK day and you save your FP+ which can be used for: Nemo (a Broadway quality show), Flights of Wonder (very engaging bird show), Kali River Rapids (you do get wet on this one though!), or a Mickey and Minnie meet.

Hi! Yay for your first trip! SO exciting! a few things. I definitely agree with NO taxis. the buses really aren't that bad just make sure you are there early in the mornings and night they really try to clear out quickly.

My opinion.

I would have tuesday as your break day instead of Thursday. I would sacrifice the meals planned if you had to. Traveling is exhausting enjoy your arrival day and your first day at the pool and disney springs if you want to eat somewhere on property do it then you can also enjoy yeeha bob who is really fun at POR and the campfire. If you take tuesday as your break day you will be well rested for the most important day of the trip, your daughters bday at magic kingdom.

Magic Kingdom you will be able to do ALOT more then you have planned. Even in July. and definitely don't take a break.

What I would do (and gave done exactly the same thing with my family before)

Peter Pan right at park open
Small World
Under the Sea
SDMT FP 9:50-10:50
Then your BOG reservation

You should be able to squeeze all of this within the hour and 15 minutes! These rarely have waits in the first hour of park open. Even during peak season.

After BOG I would have a FP for winnie the pooh around 11:25-12:25 so you do not have to walk far.

After that I would do Mickeys Phillarmagic. It will get you out of the heat and will be so much fun for your daughter.

then BBB

then parade

3:15-4:15 fastpass. If your daughter is tall enough I would do Big thunder railroad. It is very similar to SDMT. After this you will still have plenty of options for other rides and can still ride the railroad over to do goofys barnstormer.

Other rides to fill time are these:

enchanted tales with belle
buzz lightyear space ranger spin
tomorrow land speedway
jungle cruise
dumbo
teacups
Monsters inc laugh floor (always short wait and fun show. Good to get out of the heat in)
magic carpets
haunted mansion

Don't forget about the stage show either! (Royal Friendship Faire)

Then I would do animal kingdom thursday. The only change I would make to that would be to try to get tusker house instead of doing two sit down reservations. The price for the buffet and characters would be about the same as two sit downs maybe even cheaper. If you did that your daughter could meet minnie and mickey instead of waiting in line for them. Also that opens up some time mid day to go back for a nap after magic kingdom the day before and an early morning. Don't forget about the finding nemo show either! its great. Also be prepared to get soaked on Kali River Rapids. Maybe bring a change of clothes for after!

I really think you would maximize your time doing this and will be able to get on more then you think at magic kingdom. Just make sure to get another fast pass after using your last one.

Have a great time!

After BOG I would have a FP for winnie the pooh around 11:25-12:25 so you do not have to walk far.

Then I would do animal kingdom thursday. The only change I would make to that would be to try to get tusker house instead of doing two sit down reservations. The price for the buffet and characters would be about the same as two sit downs maybe even cheaper. If you did that your daughter could meet minnie and mickey instead of waiting in line for them. Also that opens up some time mid day to go back for a nap after magic kingdom the day before and an early morning. Don't forget about the finding nemo show either! its great. Also be prepared to get soaked on Kali River Rapids. Maybe bring a change of clothes for after!

Awww...the interactive queue at Pooh is pretty magical and it would be a shame to miss it with using a FP+. Especially for a 5yr old!

I quite like the idea of switching the break day. It would be easy to change those two sit down reservations. The slightly harder one would trying to get the Bon Voyage meal. It's pretty new - maybe it will still be pretty available?

Another idea is to make AK a sleep in day. Sleep in after a late (and long) MK day and get to AK late (10/11am). Use FP+ strategically and try to stay until late at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter