• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time MaxPass user...Help with tips and how to use.

It’s really not the same at all. You don’t pre-book, you book day-of, and you can easily book 10-12 FPs throughout a day if you use it right. You don’t pick a time when you book; it gives you a list of available FPs and times and you select one.
How many can you do at a time? Is it like FP only 3 at a time?

How many can you do at a time? Is it like FP only 3 at a time?
You book one when you get in and just keep booking as soon as you can (explained here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-answer-to-when-can-i-pull-my-next-fp.3634984/). It doesn't matter how many you have at a time (I often have 2-3 at once, and one time, I had five simultaneously).

For reference, on Monday, we were there from 9-4 and used 7 FPs - Hyperspace Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Guardians of the Galaxy, Goofy's Sky School, and Soarin'.

If we have only a Mickey's Halloween Party ticket for the day, can we use MaxPass starting at 3pm and throughout the evening? Thanks!

Last year there were reports that MP did work for the early MHP hours, but this was not consistently confirmed. FP does not work once MHP starts, so there is no MP either. Lines are not super long, so there is really no need for MP/FP at MHP.

We are heading home from DL and used and LOVED MaxPass. So easy to use and we were able to ride so many of our favorites multiple times. Highly recommend. Easy to use and so nice to not have to do extra walking to get your FP. Also loved that you get your photos too!! Have your bar code ready for each photo pass photographer and also take a photo of each rode photo with the picture#, then manually load later nice perk!!

You book one when you get in and just keep booking as soon as you can (explained here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-answer-to-when-can-i-pull-my-next-fp.3634984/). It doesn't matter how many you have at a time (I often have 2-3 at once, and one time, I had five simultaneously).

For reference, on Monday, we were there from 9-4 and used 7 FPs - Hyperspace Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Guardians of the Galaxy, Goofy's Sky School, and Soarin'.
Wow!

I used MaxPass for the first time in March, and I felt like I was cheating because it was SO EASY. My friend and I stuck together throughout the day, so we linked our tickets in our apps. That way it didn't matter which one of us got the fast passes; we'd both have them for the same time no matter what. Around 9 am we were sitting on Main Street eating churros and saying, "Now what?" We'd already gotten our fast passes for Space Mountain without having to walk aaaaaalllllllllllll the way to the ride, we'd stored our extra layers in a locker, we'd tasted new churro flavors, we'd taken pictures of the spring flowers around the Partners statue and the castle. We got a fast pass for another ride as soon as the app let us -- I'm pretty sure it was within an hour, not 90 min -- all without leaving Main Street. We did literally everything we planned to do at DL within the first two hours of the park opening. It was WEIRD. Then we spent the rest of the day at DCA's food and wine festival. :smooth:

... We got a fast pass for another ride as soon as the app let us -- I'm pretty sure it was within an hour, not 90 min -- all without leaving Main Street...

If you got another FP in less than 90 minutes, it was probably because the return time on your SM FP had already tripped. Since it was still morning, it would be likely that your return time was early. This is why MP fans were racking up the FPs in the early days when return times were either instant or just a few minutes out.

If you got another FP in less than 90 minutes, it was probably because the return time on your SM FP had already tripped. Since it was still morning, it would be likely that your return time was early. This is why MP fans were racking up the FPs in the early days when return times were either instant or just a few minutes out.
I think that was it exactly. I don't think our return time was ever more than an hour from when we got the pass. Why wait in even a 15 minute line when I can get a fast pass with a return time in 5 minutes? Like I said, it felt like cheating. Sounds like that's not how MaxPass works anymore?

I think that was it exactly. I don't think our return time was ever more than an hour from when we got the pass. Why wait in even a 15 minute line when I can get a fast pass with a return time in 5 minutes? Like I said, it felt like cheating. Sounds like that's not how MaxPass works anymore?
It is worth noting that FP/MP does NOT mean instant access to a ride. On most it is usually at least 10 minutes and sometimes 15-20. Comparing that to a 15 minute standby line is really a wash. This is especially true with legacy paper FP where you have to invest time (and sometimes wait in line) and go to the FP distribution area to get the FP. With MP that changes the dynamics of time investment to get a FP.

:wizard:

The way it worked in March is exactly how it still works.

In the morning, many of the rides have close return times, and a handful of rides (IASW, Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Goofy’s Sky School) consistently have close to “immediate” returns until later on high-crowd days.

My friend and I stuck together throughout the day, so we linked our tickets in our apps. That way it didn't matter which one of us got the fast passes; we'd both have them for the same time no matter what.

Can you elaborate on how this linking worked? We are going with a group of 4 (DH, myself, DS and his friend). The boys are 17 and may want to go off on their own. I'm just not sure how to enter the tickets on the app and buy MP so we can get some FP together and they could go off on their own and get FP. We will all have the app and we each have our own accounts and are "friends" on the account from a previous trip to DisneyWorld. Thanks!

We will be heading to DL in July. We are DVC members. We have been exploring other places with Disney for the last few years and haven't been to DL for 3 years. I am so excited and anxious about MaxPass.

We have a 13 yr old with his own phone and he will be doing somethings alone with his brother. I have no idea how MaxPass works even with reading the Disney website. Will it work for my husband, son and myself to use our phones if we split up?

How do you get the FP on MaxPass? That seems like just a rookie question, sorry. We always take advantage of EMH because we are morning people. Then head back for a rest midday and back to the park at night.

I am a planner so not knowing anything about how to use MaxPass is stressing me out. :)
I found this thread, posting #2 by "lcp9" to be helpful for MP
https://www.disboards.com/threads/need-lots-of-help-at-the-parks-friday-12-9.3651754/#post-58550567

I will be traveling with a party of 8 and all have park hoppers. Two members of the group have Disneyland accounts. If I add all 8 tickets to my account and purchase MP for everyone in the party can those of our group with an account then add their designated ticket to their account? Will the MP purchase appear if the ticket is added to their account?

I will be traveling with a party of 8 and all have park hoppers. Two members of the group have Disneyland accounts. If I add all 8 tickets to my account and purchase MP for everyone in the party can those of our group with an account then add their designated ticket to their account? Will the MP purchase appear if the ticket is added to their account?
In short, yes.
My husband and I each have accounts and can manage our family's passes. We have only used MP twice, but we can manage regular FP on the app too (just can't book them)

Hi guys just jumping in at the end of this thread so please forgive if this has been asked... My family is heading to Disney in June and there will be approximately 20 of us.. how many can link to maxpass at one time?? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter