• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time DVC Stay Packing Help

Elitravelor

Mouseketeer
We are renting points for the first time and we (4 adults ) are in a 1 Bedroom BWV for 10 days. I am trying to do a Garden Grocer order (also for the first time) and I am not sure exactly what to order. Maybe someone can help? Here are some questions....

Of course I have drinks, snacks, coffee....but what kind of coffee maker is in the BWV?

Should I order paper towels and toliet paper?

Do I need paper products?

We are flying so I am trying to keep the luggage light but our plan is to bring an areo bed for DD.

Any help is much appreciated!!

if you need extra paper towels or toilet paper you just have to call housekeeping and they will bring them. as far as I know all DVC units have your regular Mr Coffee drip coffee machines. I always bring filters from home.

You might want to bring shampoo, conditioner, and soap. You will get the standard set of these on day one, but they most likely won't last four days until the next towel and trash service, for 4 people.
They have paper towels there. Don't worry about those. They also have toilet paper. It's the standard hotel-type TP. So, unless your bums are picky about their TP, no need to order this. :)

They don't have paper plates and plastic silverware in the 1BR, at least not the last time we were there anyway (someone else chime in of this has changed). They have real plates/bowls/glasses/mugs and silverware in the 1BR. If you need paper plates for something, you could order them. You might also be able to get some from Housekeeping, but I'm not sure on this one.

If you are picky about your drinking water, I would make sure to order a case or two of bottled water.

Have a great trip!

Don't order too much. I know of lots of people who plan their meals, but then eat out more than they thought they would. You can get your water in gallon jugs much cheaper than individual bottles of water. They don't have salt and pepper. There will be dish soap and dishwasher detergent too; ask for more if you need it. They also supply facial tissues, and bar soap.

There is a store within the resort if you need to pick up a few things, and a gas station across the street that I have heard people pick up some things too.

Thanks for all the advice! We will be eating out a lot as we have many dining reservations. I think I am over planning....as usual. We have stayed Club Level the last few times so the DVC is new to us. We are traveling with family that are DVC members so we wanted to give it a try. The 1 bedroom sure looks a lot roomier with our now adult kids!!

We bring coffee filter packs from home, packed in a ziplock bag, more convenient than loose coffee and filters. You can order bottled water for delivery which we've done before, but also just get the 24/12oz case of Dasani downstairs at the screen door for about $7. We bring a liquid soap and bar soap for showers just personal preference and shampoo because their bottles are so small.

But last trip we used Uber to go to the Publix in Celebration, about $6 each way. That way we got to pick exactly what we wanted, chips, nuts, cheese, beer, buns, brats, dessert, eggs and bacon for breakfast, coffee creamer. Got our soda there, big caffeine-free soda drinkers and better bargain than Disney. This was the first time we tried that, and it was fun getting out and seeing a little local flavor, decided we liked it enough for our new personal preference. Some might not want to spend the time away from Disney, but we usually spend 10 days there and know we'll be back again.

We drive, so we go to Target. The gas station across the street has some stuff and it isn't Disney priced ;)

We also now pack a clock radio, to listen to Orlando morning radio, And to see the clock with BIG numbers at night.

Also order laundry detergent, as you get a washer/dryer in your room. You can pack a lot less clothes that way.
We always bring laundry detergent! It's great to be able to wash your clothes before returning home. Not a fan of having to do laundry when I get home from vacation!!

Since we drive I plan out our food and shop the day before we leave home. I try to get things that are "double duty". For example, I bring english muffins (we have for breakfast) but also use as hamburger buns. Ziplock bags are an absolute must! Handy for packing snacks for a day in the parks as well as storage for leftovers. I fill an 20 oz soda bottle with laundry detergent, and discard any left over before leaving.teabags, sweetener, are small and easy to pack.Most important...plenty of beverages! I don't mind buying a few drinks but at 2-5 bucks a pop...it adds up fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter