First stay as DVC member at OKW 10/30/01

HFC1969

Grand Floridian Junkie!
A quick trip report for our first stay at OKW and first stay as a DVC member.

We arrived Thursday 10/25/01 9pm everyone was super! I can't count how many times we heard "Welcome Home!" Which was really nice after a crappy fight out of ST. Louis thanks to TWA.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2631, wow what a big room! For our first stay we loved the location of the building to the main building; what dumb luck.

This is the first time staying at WDW with our son, 22 months. We were glad to have the large room and very glad we brought 1 set of grand parents along!!!!

The parks were busy or busy at least for this time of the year. We talked to many of the employees and they thought that the parks were busy themselves. Dont' get me wrong it was definately not Christmas but it was 60+ minutes for Space Mountain.

Too sum it all up: My wife and I decided that as long we vacation to WDW by ourselves we will stay at Grand Floridian (the place of our honeymoon). Whenever we travel with our son or family and friends will will definately stay at DVC properties.

Next trip tenatively February 2002!

:D This will be my first time at OKW in a 2 Bedroom. HFC1969- Please tell me more!! I love to hear nice things about where I will stay!!

We were glad to see a bathroom that was actually a bathroom that was similar to one that you would see at home. Very functional, large shower, big tub, just all around very nice.

Being on the 3rd floor was nice no noise or not as much noise.

We were used to Bus service having stayed at WDW but we sure did miss the monorail.

All in all the 2 bed room is great for children!

Another perk of the 2 bedroom not mentioned is the GREAT whirlpool tub in the master bath. We also like the divided master bath that has a sink and LARGE dressing area in the room with the whirlpool as well as a seperate sink/vanity and large shower in the room that has the toilet. It is also nice to have the seperate entrance to the toilet room through the laundry for those guests sleeping on the hide-a-bed in the living room. Even the second bath is large.

Our favorite amenity of the 1 and 2 bedroom units at OKW is the balcony. We usually eat our breakfasts out there. It is also VERY handy to have the laundry room. We pack VERY light and throw a load of clothes in each morning as we head to the parks. When we return, we throw them in the dryer so they are ready for another day.

facebook twitter