First solo trip...do I need DAH?

dbb727

Mouseketeer
I’m planning my first solo trip for early 2019. I’ll actually be attending a work conference, held at the Contemporary and plan to go to the parks three 1/2 days. I was just at WDW with my husband and kids in Sept 2018 but we moved VERY slow due to two preschoolers and husband having a back injury, so this trip will be a little catch up for me on any things I missed. I am planning to do Friday 1/2 day at MK (1pm to close), Sat at Epcot (2pm to close) and Sunday morning at DHS/Epcot, then fly home that evening.

DAH will be at MK on Thursday night 9-12am, so I’m debating whether or not to add it. On the one hand it seems unnecessary- I think I’ll be able to move fast enough being solo on a regular day, and I’m ok with not hitting every headliner and just enjoying getting to do whatever I want. And it costs more, I’ll have to book a flight earlier in day, probably still work a half day, fly and go straight to the park which can be stressful, then wake up for 7:30am conference start time on Friday.
But I’ve just heard such great things about the emptiness of the parks during DAH and if I see HEA on Thursday then I could do California grill on Friday. I don’t know when else I would get the chance to do DAH and the fact that I’m staying at the contemporary is very convenient.

I want to focus on Festival of Arts and WS during this trip, so if I accomplish everything at MK on Thurs then that could free up Friday afternoon for Epcot. I’m just worried I’ll be exhausted...

So what would you do??

I’m planning my first solo trip for early 2019. I’ll actually be attending a work conference, held at the Contemporary and plan to go to the parks three 1/2 days. I was just at WDW with my husband and kids in Sept 2018 but we moved VERY slow due to two preschoolers and husband having a back injury, so this trip will be a little catch up for me on any things I missed. I am planning to do Friday 1/2 day at MK (1pm to close), Sat at Epcot (2pm to close) and Sunday morning at DHS/Epcot, then fly home that evening.

DAH will be at MK on Thursday night 9-12am, so I’m debating whether or not to add it. On the one hand it seems unnecessary- I think I’ll be able to move fast enough being solo on a regular day, and I’m ok with not hitting every headliner and just enjoying getting to do whatever I want. And it costs more, I’ll have to book a flight earlier in day, probably still work a half day, fly and go straight to the park which can be stressful, then wake up for 7:30am conference start time on Friday.
But I’ve just heard such great things about the emptiness of the parks during DAH and if I see HEA on Thursday then I could do California grill on Friday. I don’t know when else I would get the chance to do DAH and the fact that I’m staying at the contemporary is very convenient.

I want to focus on Festival of Arts and WS during this trip, so if I accomplish everything at MK on Thurs then that could free up Friday afternoon for Epcot. I’m just worried I’ll be exhausted...

So what would you do??

I mean, need? Maybe not, but it can't hurt to have the extra time with a short trip. It may be too much with the travel and all, plus your conference. What I would actually try to do is not worry about squeezing everything in and just go with what you can do. If you feel like you can handle it though, it seems like a great way to enjoy MK, and could help take the pressure off too.

So what would you do??

I say it depends on two things: 1) where are you traveling from? Is there any chance you could have a delayed flight because of weather? I would hate to see you change all your plans and then still be delayed and miss it all. 2) do you care to pay attention at the conference? If you do, you might not want to be out so late. I know if I was away for a work conference I wouldn't care to pay attention usually.

I have done a few solo trips and I usually get a ton done. But, the idea of being in the parks virtually empty is appealing. Tough call. I wouldn't spend the extra $129 (I think that's what it is, right?) for 3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter