First night downtown or resort Disney dinner

jessredrabbit

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
What is your go to first night non park dinner for larger party (7) either at a resort or downtown and why? Group will be kids and adults all foodies. Thanks!

Oooh - interesting post - we are in the same boat with a party of 7. We don't know the restaurants too well. While DTD has some interesting sounding places, we LOVE the off-site places that my brother always takes us to when we visit (Anaheim Packing District is always fun).

In the past, we have done a character meals, but kids are older now and it's pricey for what it is. We are planning Tortilla Jo's, but if Black Tap isn't crowded, we are going there.

Oooh - interesting post - we are in the same boat with a party of 7. We don't know the restaurants too well. While DTD has some interesting sounding places, we LOVE the off-site places that my brother always takes us to when we visit (Anaheim Packing District is always fun).

In the past, we have done a character meals, but kids are older now and it's pricey for what it is. We are planning Tortilla Jo's, but if Black Tap isn't crowded, we are going there.
Always wanted to do black tap, I have only used their walk up window.. tortilla jo’s margaritas are delish… :)

I don’t know why, but I find Tortilla Jos entirely average and highly overpriced. Maybe it’s because I don’t drink. I hear the main draw is the margarita.

I’m going to throw my hat in for Naples as the best big group option. I love black tap, but counter service can be a little unwieldy for a group of 5+.

We always kick off our trip on arrival day with dinner at Tortilla Joes. It's always good, it's great to be in Downtown Disney.

I don’t know why, but I find Tortilla Jos entirely average and highly overpriced. Maybe it’s because I don’t drink. I hear the main draw is the margarita.

I’m going to throw my hat in for Naples as the best big group option. I love black tap, but counter service can be a little unwieldy for a group of 5+.
ooh - is it ONLY counter service?

We too love Naples & Tortilla Jo's - in particular we always have great service at Naples and I especially enjoy dining outside there. But if you are a group of foodies I would recommend Napa Rose if budget isn't too much of an issue. We had kids with us last time: 9 and 12. Mind you those 2 girls are use to going to restaurants with a lot of "rules" as far as manners go! If that's not your group it wouldn't be so much fun.

We never go off property as we don't have a car when we visit DL!

We like to go to Goofy's for dinner on arrival or departure days. They have so many choices, everyone in my family really likes it. It's in the Disneyland Hotel. You need reservations, but those have been available almost every time I look.

We also like GCH Craftsman Grill ( I still think of it as White Water Snacks!). I think they still have the same menu that they had before the name change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter