Flowers on a first date

• Yes

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 87.8%

• Total voters

Chaoster

Mouseketeer
I guess I spend too much time on the internet lol. Came across an interesting debate. Do you bring a girl flowers on a first date. There are some who say no, outdated and cheesy. The girl feels you expect something after date. Some say yes. What do you think. I guess I'm old school so I would say yes. But not a dozen roses. Maybe one to four. What do you think?

What should she give him?
Equality and all that...
Nice point. Maybe if she asks him out. I don't know many guys that appreciate flowers as much as gals, but that could be a stereotype, too. The guys would need to weigh in on what would be a nice gesture for them.

I assume we’re talking about someone you don’t really know and haven’t spent time with before.

I voted no. And definitely not roses. And absolutely not four roses. If a first date showed up with four roses, I’d start thinking about how to end the evening early. Way too much, way too soon. One rose feels like you’re trying to imitate The Bachelor.

I feel like that dates back to a time when dating was about showering a woman with gifts to “win” her. Those times have been gone for a very long time. If I were going on a first date, I’d mostly be interested in seeing if I enjoy the guy’s company enough to want to see him again. Do our personalities mesh well, is he interesting to talk to, etc.

If things are going well, flowers would be a nice gesture on a second or third date.

No! Way too big a gesture for a first date IMO. My dating years are 30 years in the past, but I dated for over 10 years. I would have been weirded out it someone brought flowers on the first date. To me, flowers go AFTER the kissing relationship has begun, not as a trying to get a kiss measure.

My DH sent flowers the day after our first fabulous date... before we went on our second date that same day.

That was lovely and it was a very nice arrangement of flowers that weren't roses. If he brought flowers on the first date, I'd have thought he was creepy.

Nice point. Maybe if she asks him out. I don't know many guys that appreciate flowers as much as gals, but that could be a stereotype, too. The guys would need to weigh in on what would be a nice gesture for them.
We can't weigh in on what would be a nice gesture. This is a family forum :rotfl2:

I haven't had a first date (or any date) since 1996. I didn't give flowers back then, but then I was young and broke.

The last "first date" first date was back in 1990. Didn't get flowers then. I think the last time I was given flowers (from a romantic partner) was for Valentines Day in 1992.

Depends on how long you've known the person before going on that first date. If it's a quick chat through Tinder before meeting up (like you still barely know them), then imo it'd be weird. But if you've been talking for a decent amount of time and both sides are getting good vibes, then I think it would be a nice gesture- definitely not required though.

It would really depend on where our first date was, but probably not. If it's just dinner and you can stick them on the table or something then ok. If we're going bowling or movies or something active, they are probably just going to sit in the car and wilt.
I used to like buying flowers at the grocery store if we're having company or something (before we got cats who will just try to eat them) but I'm not really fond of them as a gift. Plants are good, but that is even harder to carry around. :)

Do you know she likes flowers? Does she have allergies? Or cats? Were they grown organically if she's into the enviroment? Seems like a better gift for when you know her a little better.

Dating is too hard, I don't know how I survived. Glad I don't need to anymore.

I think it's fine either way. Speaking personally, the only time I ever brought a girl flowers was if I was taking her to a dance.

I never did. But that's not like a rule.

The meaning and importance of flowers can differ person by person. But even more important may be your previous relationship with the person. If it was someone you just met and the date is the first chance to get to know them, then no. But if you were friends for like a year and you are trying to take the relationship in a new direction, then I can see bringing flowers.

A few men have given me flowers on dates and I never knew what to do with them. Do you carry it around? Leave it in the car? It's just awkward, so I vote no unless you're picking her up at her house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts