First Christmas Trip to Disney 12/07

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas. I'll be working on an update for tomorrow.

Coming up next, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!!

After our wonderful time at the Grand Floridian we headed back to the TTC to get our car and head back to All Star Music. The kids took a swim and we tried to relax for a short time before going to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!!!!

As we rode the monorail to the TTC, this was the site in front of MK. Now, I ask, why is it that at Halloween for MNSSHP was there Mickey pumpkins and fall banners and lovely fall colors everywhere? Now it’s Christmas and you would never know by this shot…

When we got back to MK for MVMCP we got this shot. Look closely… do you see something wrong with this shot???

Our photographer needs a tripod or needs to learn how to hold the camera straight.

Here’s a better shot

Once we got our wristbands, this is what we saw!!! Yea, we are really here…

We walked up Main Street. I couldn’t believe how crowded it was. We did get up closer to the castle and got this shot. Thanks to the nice borders you can choose, I was able to crop some lady who wouldn’t move out of our picture (it was a nice pic but better if she wasn’t in it).

We then headed over towards Tomorrowland. We stopped by for a photo with the castle in the background.

First up was a trip on Space Mountain. I could not believe there was NO line at all. It said a five minute wait, but by the time we got to the entrance, it was walk right on. The kids went back on for a second ride. When they came it, is was time to head over towards Fantasyland for some dinner. I wanted those Figaro fries from Pinocchio’s house!!! I’ve been looking forward to them since our trip in August.

While we were eating, the Wishes fireworks were going off. When we came out, the castle was beautiful.

Sorry, this is taking a lot longer than I had planned, so I’ll update more tomorrow.

Continuing to enjoy your TR - especially all the pics and info on WDW at Christmas!

great update and pics. I don't think it is taking long at all.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for sticking around. I was hoping I wouldn't lose too many as I take some time getting through this. Can't believe I'm still on day two.

Continuing to enjoy your TR - especially all the pics and info on WDW at Christmas!

Take your time, your doing a great jobpopcorn:: I have plenty time Christmas, week 2008 12/22 to 12/31.Love it.:flower3:

Thanks Scott. I have great intentions, but get sidetracked some times. Granted I had to go back to work today too, that does interfer with my DIS time. :laughing:

great update and pics. I don't think it is taking long at all.

:thumbsup2

Isn't it awful how work interfers with DIS time? I'm off the entire week for once. I'm hanging in there with you for the entire trip report so don't get discouraged with how long it is taking. We want you to keep up the quality of your report so take the time you need and thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much. I actually can 'peek' during the day this week as bossman is out of town, but I really do have SOME work I need to get done, :lmao:

Thanks for hanging in there. Will update later today.

Isn't it awful how work interfers with DIS time? I'm off the entire week for once. I'm hanging in there with you for the entire trip report so don't get discouraged with how long it is taking. We want you to keep up the quality of your report so take the time you need and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for hanging on. I use to work at a school so I miss being off Christmas and Easter week. But my job now, is really so much better, so I can't complain.
:goodvibes
Take your time, your doing a great jobpopcorn:: I have plenty time Christmas, week 2008 12/22 to 12/31.Love it.:flower3:

Hi!! Glad I stumbled on to your TR!! I remember reading your previous report when your daughter was preparing to start the college program! It's great to hear she did so well & enjoyed her time there! How special!!! Your TR is wonderful! As for the perks you enjoyed...:woohoo: :thumbsup2 :banana: Way to go!!!

Thanks so much for finding me again. I can not believe how quickly the four months have gone since she left. It's amazing. I never thought we'd get to go to Disney three times in one year!!! It would be awesome if we could do that every year (but fat chance).

Again, welcome aboard and I hope to have an update this evening.

Hi!! Glad I stumbled on to your TR!! I remember reading your previous report when your daughter was preparing to start the college program! It's great to hear she did so well & enjoyed her time there! How special!!! Your TR is wonderful! As for the perks you enjoyed...:woohoo: :thumbsup2 :banana: Way to go!!!

I'm loving your TR and pics are great. I realize not everyone celebrates Christmas but if they decorate the inside of the parks why not the outside? It's easy to see what a great time everyone is having. :) Linda

Linda,

Thanks for joining us.

I'm loving your TR and pics are great. I realize not everyone celebrates Christmas but if they decorate the inside of the parks why not the outside? It's easy to see what a great time everyone is having. :) Linda

Ok, finally getting a chance to update. A migraine does not help matters when you are trying to do everything on the computer. I was just looking up what some of the special activities were at MVMCP when I saw the prices and it hit me…. OH YEA!!! We got a discount on those too. The night we went was a night that CM’s got discounted pricing. So all six of us went to this great evening for under $190!!!! WOOHOO… I love that my daughter is a cm (even if just for four months).

Ok, sorry back to the story…

After dinner we saw the beautiful castle. I could not believe how gorgeous it was. As we walked through Fantasyland we HAD to do IASW (why do we have to do this ride???). It’s called tradition!!! We literally walked right onto this ride. Honestly, I can handle one time on this ride each trip, but that’s about it. It’s just after Wishes, so a LOT of people were heading out of the park.

It was almost time for Celebrate the Seasons at the castle front. We headed toward the bridge from Liberty Square and were able to get a side view of the castle. This is certainly not a good spot to see this show (but we didn’t even know what the show was about), so this would prove ok. As soon as this was over, we headed over toward towards Toontown (we wanted to get out of the way of the parade that was going to start soon.

I wanted to see some of the characters and knew they would be in the tent at Toontown. Needless to say, a quick trip over there proved to be worthless. The wait to see the main characters was at least 45 minutes and 30 for the princesses!!! I haven’t waited more than 10-15 minutes in the past year for a ride, I certainly wasn’t going to wait that long for some pictures. We did do some shopping here, which always proves great with DD getting 40% off just about everything!!!!

We went back through Fantasyland to Liberty Square. It was time for the Haunted Mansion. I couldn’t believe how many people were inline, but it moved very quickly and we were inside for the ride in a matter of minutes. Other than DH and DD and myself, the others hadn’t been on this ride since the rehab.

After HM we had to find some cookies and hot cocoa!!! Granted it was not a very cool night, so I did not want any hot cocoa, but juice and a cookie was a nice snack. We walked through Frontierland towards BTMR. This is one of the few trips where we did NOT do Splash!!! No body wanted to get wet. The first parade was over and it was getting close to time for Holiday Wishes, so there was NO wait for BTMR. We have never been in the last row until this trip. OH MY GOODNESS this ride is so much more bumping and rough in the back. We had a ball though and went right back on for a second trip.

It was now time to go find a GOOD spot for Holiday Wishes! This is my first time really trying my new camera for the fireworks. I had bought a new tripod (one that stays up, lol, before the trip) so I could use the special settings for fireworks. I am not very pleased with my fireworks photos, but wanted to share.

The castle before the show started

During the show

At the end

It was then time to make our way down Main Street to stake out our SPOT for the parade. I knew right where I wanted to sit (as I saw the most amazing photos on the photoboard from a spot right at the circle at the entrance to Main Street). This is where I wanted to be. We had almost an hour til the parade start time (didn’t know it takes so long to get to Main Street), so we were going to be sitting for a LONG time.

Up next, Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade!!!

The wait to see the main characters was at least 45 minutes and 30 for the princesses!!! I haven’t waited more than 10-15 minutes in the past year for a ride, I certainly wasn’t going to wait that long for some pictures. We did do some shopping here, which always proves great with DD getting 40% off just about everything!!!!

Glad I found you again.

This happened to me over Easter. I thought at 7:00 at nite all the kids would be gone. Wrong. We couldn't even get through the area with so many strollers.

I enjoyed all your pictures. My dd graduated a year a go from college. She wants a different job, she is a Corrections Office in a women's prison. She has great benefits and pay, but she says it is not what she went to college for. She wants to get into a high security job. I told her to try WDW again.

I am really enjoying your report. We had planned to go this Christmas but couldn't so I am experiencing vicariously with your pics.

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

:teacher:

Mari,

Thanks for joining us. I guess my inexperience with Disney at the holidays, just wasn't expecting that many kids at that time (with all the other activities going on).

My son graduated in May with his BS in Criminal Justice. He's had a hard time finding employment and my DD told him to come work for Disney. His wife has a good job, so don't know if that would ever happen. But honestly, DH and I have joked (but maybe some day) that we'll retire and go work for Mickey. I just love the place and every cm we dealt with was always great. (with the exception of our slow waitress at the GF cafe, but that happens anywhere).

Glad I found you again.
This happened to me over Easter. I thought at 7:00 at nite all the kids would be gone. Wrong. We couldn't even get through the area with so many strollers.

I enjoyed all your pictures. My dd graduated a year a go from college. She wants a different job, she is a Corrections Office in a women's prison. She has great benefits and pay, but she says it is not what she went to college for. She wants to get into a high security job. I told her to try WDW again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter