First a Little Pomp & Circumstance,then a Whole Lot of Disney Dining! COMPLETE

Great reviews and lovely pictures! You have me dying to eat breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express. That pocket looks amaaaaaazing. :eek: I'm REALLY looking forward to your Bistro de Paris review! That's one restaurant that doesn't seem to get mentioned much on the board, and my DH has been eying it for awhile so I'm interested to hear about your experience! :goodvibes

Just for the record I could totally tell what your food was at the theater - before the edits! :laughing: It actually didn't look bad.

So many people are fans of Raglan... I've never been so your review is definitely swaying me in a positive direction. And the Pavlova.... I have made this several times and I love it. I make it different ways - bananas foster, fresh berries, chocolate & peanut butter chips and I've also made it with caramel sauce and creme anglaise. I would love to try theirs now that I know they serve it.

But what really stood out for me... the bread pudding. I will take that any day over most desserts. :love:

You did a great job exercising your diplomacy and influence to get three meals at DTD in a single day! :thumbsup2

Great review of Raglan Road! My mom just loves those ribs and I really enjoyed the bread pudding. :)

Thanks Donald! If it would have been up to me, I'd have had a hard time deciding which of these two to name "Heaven on Earth". ;)

Ok...I kind of loved your AMC review! You just have a way of making all of your reviews fun and I love the stories behind them. I'm not a real fish or seafood lover (unless it's breaded and deep fried!!!) so I might actually need to give the fish & chips a try at Raglan Road. It sounds yummy! Can't wait to see what you have at Sleepy Hollow!

Wow, Tracerr00, you totally just made my day! Thank you so much. :)
And I just finished my Sleepy Hollow review, so I'll have it posted soon.

I lvoe Raglan Road and am also a creature of habit - I always get the fish and chips. They are so delicious. Sadly, DH is not keen on RR so we haven't been there in a couple of trips but I am determined to change all that...

Yes, husbands are sometimes like children, aren't they? They require a little bit of "delicate negotiation" before they give you what you want. ;) But I can definitely see some Raglan Road fish & chips in your near future. Enjoy! :thumbsup2

Great reviews and lovely pictures! You have me dying to eat breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express. That pocket looks amaaaaaazing. :eek: I'm REALLY looking forward to your Bistro de Paris review! That's one restaurant that doesn't seem to get mentioned much on the board, and my DH has been eying it for awhile so I'm interested to hear about your experience! :goodvibes

Yay, a new reader! Thanks for joining in and commenting. I have just 5 more reviews to do before I get to the one for Bistro de Paris. So at my current pace, maybe check back here in about two or three weeks??? Just kidding...I hope. ;) :rotfl:

Oh, and I must tell you that I am so jealous that you live so close to Disney World. ;)

Just for the record I could totally tell what your food was at the theater - before the edits! :laughing: It actually didn't look bad.

So many people are fans of Raglan... I've never been so your review is definitely swaying me in a positive direction. And the Pavlova.... I have made this several times and I love it. I make it different ways - bananas foster, fresh berries, chocolate & peanut butter chips and I've also made it with caramel sauce and creme anglaise. I would love to try theirs now that I know they serve it.

But what really stood out for me... the bread pudding. I will take that any day over most desserts. :love:

You did a great job exercising your diplomacy and influence to get three meals at DTD in a single day! :thumbsup2

Wow, your pavlova sounds much better to me than Raglan Road's. But if I had a choice of any kind of pavlova or RR's bread pudding, then the bread pudding would definitely win! :thumbsup2

And being a mother, I'm sure you too have had to learn the fine art of negotiation. ;)

Thanks for the Fork & Screen review! :thumbsup2 I keep trying to talk DH into eating there, but he's not feeling it for some reason. It looks really good though! The theater is so cool looking too! I have to check it out one of these days.

Your Raglan Road meal looks delicious! I absolutely must try that Iced Irish drink next time. Yum! I ate at Raglan Road a few years ago and I went just for the Bread and Butter Pudding and when we went to order dessert they were all out of it that day. Very disappointing. I definitely have to make another trip to Raglan Road if only for the drink and the dessert. :laughing:

Oops, I just realized that I missed your post jerseytink. Sorry about that. :guilty:

Anyway, I hope your DH changes his mind soon about the Fork & Screen. :thumbsup2 And what a bummer about missing out on the Bread & Butter Pudding at Raglan Road. :mad: I had that happen to me once at Citrico's with their Chocolate Banana Torte, so I can definitely relate.

Great review of Raglan Road
We have never tried it but I see many great reviews so we must visit one day
I think the bread and butter pudding looks divine :)

Background: Over the years, I've passed by Sleepy Hollow countless times while on my way to something or another in Liberty Square but never once stopped by to investigate. I even recall that once I caught a whiff of something wonderful while walking in that area, yet still didn't bother to find out the source of the delicious smell. :guilty: Then shortly before my birthday trip in May 2011, I read reviews here about the wonderful funnel cakes and giant Mickey Mouse waffles at Sleepy Hollow. I finally knew then what I had missed out on for all those years and I vowed that I would pay a visit to Sleepy Hollow on my very next trip. And so here is a picture of the delicious funnel cake that I shared with DD1 on our trip last year.

IMG_4890.jpg

Sleepy Hollow Funnel Cake - May 2011

So my next goal was to try a giant Mickey Mouse waffle, because shamefully I had never had a Mickey Waffle...giant or otherwise. :sad2: Unfortunately though, I didn't make it back to Sleepy Hollow on my next trip (Nov. 2011) due to lack of time, so I was determined to do so on this trip. Nothing would stop me from having a Mickey Mouse waffle for...

Breakfast at Sleepy Hollow

Or so I thought. ;)

Here's how it all went down...

After spending the first hour or so of the morning in Fastasyland, I was more than ready for my breakfast treat.

{On a side note: You may recall from an earlier review that traditionally I try to make Soarin' my first ride of most trips, as it is my favorite. Well, after having spent more than 2 days at Disney World, we hadn't yet been on one single ride. :eek: So what ride ends up being our very first of the trip???.......Goofy's Barnstormer (excuse me, make that "Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini" ;)). Hey what can I say, Dumbo was not open that morning for some reason. :laughing: Anyway, while Barnstormer is a great first rollercoaster ride for little kids and their parents (in fact we hadn't ridden it since the kids were little), but for three grown women I'd have to admit that this was pretty dull. The one redeeming quality is that one time during the ride we were high enough to catch a glimpse over the tall construction wall and get a sneak peek of the unfinished area of the new Fantasyland. :thumbsup2 After this we of course had to ride Snow White's Scary Adventures since it was closing permanently at the end of May, and then we rode It's a Small World because...well just because. :confused3}

So anyway, after all this excitement you can see how we desperately needed a quiet and relaxing breakfast break at Sleepy Hollow. :laughing: And so, I confidently walked straight up to their counter to place our order, as there was no need to look at the menu...I knew exactly what I wanted. The nice, elderly woman taking my order reminded me so much of my grandmother, who passed away almost 20 years ago. "I'll have a Mickey Waffle with strawberries and whip cream, please," I said in my most polite and respectful voice. And that's when my bubble was burst by these words, "I'm sorry dear but we don't have the Mickey-shaped waffles anymore, we now have only regular waffles or waffle sandwiches. There is a Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle sandwich that is really good, would you like to try that?" Feeling somewhat defeated I replied, "Yes, Grandma (I mean, Ma'am), I will try that." After all, how can you say no to your grandma, right??? :hug:

So as I'm waiting at the pick-up counter while they prepare my earless waffle :rolleyes:, I'm wondering....how in the world did I miss this??? I knew about the new waffle sandwiches, but somehow I completely missed the fact that they took the place of the Mickey shaped ones. :confused3 But then I was presented with this delicious looking creation...

f96f5ddb-1.jpg

clippetersitting-1.jpg
Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich

So did it taste as good as it looked? Pretty much, yes! Two of us gave it a rating of "Very Good" and DD1 gave it a "Good", as she is not a fan of Nutella. At the time I didn't think about it, but after reading Linda67's recent review of this waffle, I would have to say that I totally agree with her. It definitely would have been better with a big dollop of whip cream on top. Then again, I think it might be worthy of a Tinkerbell "Excellent" rating if they also held the blueberries and the Nutella. So a waffle (preferably with, but acceptable without ears) with strawberries and bananas, and topped with whip cream. Maybe even add some chocolate syrup? Ahhh...Perfection! A girl can dream, can't she??? :cloud9:

Oh, by the way, I just did an online search regarding the demise of the Mickey-shaped waffles at Sleepy Hollow and here is a link to the announcement that appeared on the Disney Food Blog (look under "Other Menu Changes" at the bottom of the article):

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/11/13/new-waffle-sandwiches-at-magic-kingdoms-sleepy-hollow/

In my defense though, the article was posted on Nov. 13, 2011 so I probably didn't read it. Because where was I on Nov. 13, 2011???...none other than Magic Kingdom! :rotfl:

Wow, this has to be the longest review of one single food item to ever be posted on these boards. Sorry about that! :lmao:

NEXT UP: Tea for Two (plus One)

That's so cute that Goofy's Barnstormer (I'm stuck on the old name) was your first ride! :laughing: At least you got a peek over that wall.

I read Linda's review of the nutella/fruit waffle so she answered my question about what the heck Nutella actually is. :confused3 However, it looks delish!

I have a question about the funnel cakes... can you get them with any fruit on them?? Too bad they don't serve them with whip cream. Everythings better with whip cream! :love:

I still maintain that the waffle with Nutella and fresh fruit looks better than it actually tastes. I am a fan of 'dry' food but, even to me, that looks like it would be too dry. I'm with you - hold the blueberries (and the whip cream, preferably) and add a huge dollop of hot fudge :thumbsup2

I read Linda's review of the nutella/fruit waffle so she answered my question about what the heck Nutella actually is. :confused3

How the heck did you get through raising kids without knowing what Nutella is :laughing:

DS is a nutella addict and that waffle is #1 on his try list next trip! I think we will probably split one (meaning I will get the strawberries as he doesn't like them and maybe a bite of waffe!)

I still maintain that the waffle with Nutella and fresh fruit looks better than it actually tastes. I am a fan of 'dry' food but, even to me, that looks like it would be too dry. I'm with you - hold the blueberries (and the whip cream, preferably) and add a huge dollop of hot fudge :thumbsup2

How the heck did you get through raising kids without knowing what Nutella is :laughing:

My kid's must be as deprived as I was!! :laughing:;) With all of this talk of nutella I'm going to have to go out and buy some and write a mini review on it! :rotfl2:

Have a great day Joh!

Great reviews. I am really enjoying your report. The waffle looks good. Might have to give that a try next month. :thumbsup2

Okay, I must confess, I have never had Nutella either. Now I need to go out and buy some to try too so that I have a reference point for all these Nutella Waffle Sandwich reviews. :laughing: It certainly looks good!

Nutella is amazing on waffles and crêpes - I've never had Disney's nutella waffle sandwich, but it looks great. :)

Or so I thought. ;)

Here's how it all went down...

After spending the first hour or so of the morning in Fastasyland, I was more than ready for my breakfast treat.

So anyway, after all this excitement you can see how we desperately needed a quiet and relaxing breakfast break at Sleepy Hollow. :laughing: And so, I confidently walked straight up to their counter to place our order, as there was no need to look at the menu...I knew exactly what I wanted. The nice, elderly woman taking my order reminded me so much of my grandmother, who passed away almost 20 years ago. "I'll have a Mickey Waffle with strawberries and whip cream, please," I said in my most polite and respectful voice. And that's when my bubble was burst by these words, "I'm sorry dear but we don't have the Mickey-shaped waffles anymore, we now have only regular waffles or waffle sandwiches. There is a Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle sandwich that is really good, would you like to try that?" Feeling somewhat defeated I replied, "Yes, Grandma (I mean, Ma'am), I will try that." After all, how can you say no to your grandma, right??? :hug:

So as I'm waiting at the pick-up counter while they prepare my earless waffle :rolleyes:, I'm wondering....how in the world did I miss this??? I knew about the new waffle sandwiches, but somehow I completely missed the fact that they took the place of the Mickey shaped ones. :confused3 But then I was presented with this delicious looking creation...

f96f5ddb-1.jpg

clippetersitting-1.jpg
Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich

So did it taste as good as it looked? Pretty much, yes! Two of us gave it a rating of "Very Good" and DD1 gave it a "Good", as she is not a fan of Nutella. At the time I didn't think about it, but after reading Linda67's recent review of this waffle, I would have to say that I totally agree with her. It definitely would have been better with a big dollop of whip cream on top. Then again, I think it might be worthy of a Tinkerbell "Excellent" rating if they also held the blueberries and the Nutella. So a waffle (preferably with, but acceptable without ears) with strawberries and bananas, and topped with whip cream. Maybe even add some chocolate syrup? Ahhh...Perfection! A girl can dream, can't she??? :cloud9:

Oh, by the way, I just did an online search regarding the demise of the Mickey-shaped waffles at Sleepy Hollow and here is a link to the announcement that appeared on the Disney Food Blog (look under "Other Menu Changes" at the bottom of the article):

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/11/13/new-waffle-sandwiches-at-magic-kingdoms-sleepy-hollow/

In my defense though, the article was posted on Nov. 13, 2011 so I probably didn't read it. Because where was I on Nov. 13, 2011???...none other than Magic Kingdom! :rotfl:

Wow, this has to be the longest review of one single food item to ever be posted on these boards. Sorry about that! :lmao:

NEXT UP: Tea for Two (plus One)
Well, you had one for our family! We had this item on our list, but just were never hungry enough to eat one! I must say, though, it does look simple enough to make at home with successful results...and we would even have the luxury of adding that missing whipped cream!!

Ha!

Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks that pretty much anything can be improved with a dollop of whipped cream on it :laughing:

My kid's must be as deprived as I was!! :laughing:;) With all of this talk of nutella I'm going to have to go out and buy some and write a mini review on it! :rotfl2:

Have a great day Joh!

Okay, I must confess, I have never had Nutella either. Now I need to go out and buy some to try too so that I have a reference point for all these Nutella Waffle Sandwich reviews. :laughing: It certainly looks good!

You poor, deprived DISers. I think you both need to go out and get yourselves some Nutella. And, if you like it, I have a whole host of Nutella-based recipes :rotfl2:

Nutella is good!

Also try Cookie Butter from Trader Joes or Biscoff Spread(the makers of Biscoff cookies on Delta). It is basically those Biscoff cookies crushed up and in the form of paste. It has the consistency of PB but tastes like Biscoff. Delicious!!

And you seem like such a fun mom! I could never spend this much time with my mom! Hahah

Nutella has been mentioned 29 times so far in the last two pages of this report. I think the Nutella company should give us all free Nutella for all the free advertising they've just gotten. What do you all think? :thumbsup2

And that makes 32! :rotfl:

Great review of Raglan Road
We have never tried it but I see many great reviews so we must visit one day
I think the bread and butter pudding looks divine :)

Ahhhh yes...the bread pudding. Wish I had some right now. ;)

I have a question about the funnel cakes... can you get them with any fruit on them?? Too bad they don't serve them with whip cream. Everythings better with whip cream! :love:

Yes! Three options on the funnel cakes...dusted with either powdered sugar (what we got) or cinnamon and strawberries & whipped cream. :thumbsup2

I'm with you - hold the blueberries (and the whip cream, preferably) and add a huge dollop of hot fudge :thumbsup2

DS is a nutella addict and that waffle is #1 on his try list next trip! I think we will probably split one (meaning I will get the strawberries as he doesn't like them and maybe a bite of waffe!)

Ha! Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks that pretty much anything can be improved with a dollop of whipped cream on it :laughing:

Okay, so we've got:
1) One order of waffles with fruit (hold the blueberries), add chocolate syrup and whipped cream (for me)
2) One order of waffles with fruit (hold the blueberries), add huge dollop of hot fudge
3) One order of waffles with fruit (hold the strawberries), add extra Nutella (for the addict ;))
4) Two Orders of waffles, doesn't really matter what's on them as long as they are slathered with whipped cream :lmao:

You know I think we are onto something here. :idea: I think I'll start a petition to Disney to add a "Choose your own toppings bar" at Sleepy Hollow.
Who's with me???:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter