Fireworks 2021

Not unless they extend the Park Hours that were just announced. MK closes at 9:00 on the 4th as well as every other night of the month. It will barely be dark enough for fireworks by then. For that reason I'm treating this as just as credible as every other rumor we've heard about the return of things.

We've been there when they extended park hours day-of, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

MK closes at 9:00 on the 4th as well as every other night of the month. It will barely be dark enough for fireworks by then.
Yes it is dark enough by 9 pm. We live right next to the parks and, in the past, have been able to hear them at night.

Not unless they extend the Park Hours that were just announced. MK closes at 9:00 on the 4th as well as every other night of the month. It will barely be dark enough for fireworks by then. For that reason I'm treating this as just as credible as every other rumor we've heard about the return of things.

We’ve been going for the 4th of July for many years. Most years, they won’t update/expand the park hours until a week or two before. Sometimes it can happen even a few days before. But even then, I think 9pm would be dark enough for a show. So I wouldn’t put too much weight into the park hours side of this rumor, that’s just me though.

More fireworks testing tonight

We got back this past Tuesday and they tested twice while we were there (we were at BWV and had a boardwalk view so we got to see them) and you said they tested since then, so that's 3 times in the span of a week, so I think it's VERY likely they will have a nighttime show at Epcot by July 4th.

My guess would be after July 4th Reason being the 4th is traditionally their largest show. If they wait till after the 4th they won’t have to put on a special show (more $) and can just bring back Happily Ever After.

My guess is they’ll bring back fireworks before bringing back projections. That way they can still delay large gatherings. They’ll announce that the fireworks can be setfrom all over the park to avoid the congestion.

The issue with fireworks isn't the show, it's the mobs of people all leaving at once after it's over.

The end of the show brings packed busses, monorails, boat and ferries.

If only you could have a fireworks show at noon!

...they are packed because Disney got rid of the tool to make them less packed...evening hours...and evening parades.
Bingo! If MK was open another hour or two after fireworks, it would solve the packed transportation problem. Some would leave after fireworks, especially those with young kids or with an early day the next morning. Some would choose to stay. Of course, that won’t happen now because of the prevalence of After Hours parties that Disney can charge you for more than the cost of a day ticket.

My guess would be after July 4th Reason being the 4th is traditionally their largest show. If they wait till after the 4th they won’t have to put on a special show (more $) and can just bring back Happily Ever After.
They don't need a special large show in this case. If they re-introduced the fireworks on July 4th, just the fact that they haven't had fireworks in over a year would make them special.

Bingo! If MK was open another hour or two after fireworks, it would solve the packed transportation problem. Some would leave after fireworks, especially those with young kids or with an early day the next morning. Some would choose to stay. Of course, that won’t happen now because of the prevalence of After Hours parties that Disney can charge you for more than the cost of a day ticket.

The park can be open until 1 and there's still a big rush after the fireworks. There always is, always has been.

I've heard this from almost every cast member I've talked to - Happily Ever After will return to MK by the 1st or 2nd week of July (likely to be the first), as well as some type of EPCOT show yet to be announced.

This is, of course, a rumor, but it almost seems 100% to happen that fireworks will return in early July. A few others higher up at Disney also hinted towards this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter