Fire on Pirate's Movie set !!

DVCDAVE

Symbol(s) DIS & Date
Use Page Up, Page Down, +, -, or press Ù
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/10 2:09P (RT) Fire damages 'Pirates' sound stage on Disney lot
Story 9158 (DIS, I/LEI, I/ENT, I/US, I/NEWS)
LOS ANGELES, Sept 10 (Reuters) - A fire broke out on the Walt Disney Co.'s <DIS.N> studio lot on Tuesday, damaging a sound stage where a set was under construction for Disney's upcoming film "Pirates of the Caribbean," a spokeswoman said.
No one was injured in the blaze that broke out about 9:30a.m. PDT on the sound stage, one of eight on the studio lot at Disney headquarters in Burbank, California, said spokeswoman Michelle Bergman. She said the fire was put out in less than 40 minutes. "It was part of the construction process that started it," she said. "There were no injuries. It was small and contained." The extent of the damages and cause of the fire were still being assessed as of mid-morning, she said. No other buildings on the studio lot were affected.
Bergman said it is still too soon to say if shooting for "Pirates" -- a film based on the popular attraction at Disney's
theme parks -- will be able to proceed on schedule, or if it may have to be moved elsewhere.
But she added that Disney does not anticipate the accident will affect the movie's release date, which is scheduled for Summer 2003

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter