Finally - walkway from Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom is coming?

aoconnor

WDW Nut
According to a new permit, it seems the long-awaited pathway from Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom is finally going to be built.

Many are familiar with the "path to nowhere" that runs most of the way from MK to GF but stops at the canal. It seems they may finally building a bridge. As a new VGF owner this makes me very happy!

Permit: here

Aerial shot of a crane already in the area: here

Last edited:
Wow. I've been hoping for this for so long. And the number of people on every thread about this subject explaining why it is almost certain never to happen had pretty much caused me to give up hope.

The permit only states "dewatering", it doesn't make any mention of construction an actual bridge.

isnt there also a water way right to the north of the convention center, so 2 bridges needed?

This looks promising, but I don't think it's a sure thing that this is what it looks like to us. It may just be enhancements around the current "pathway to nowhere". They are already doing construction around the area relating to new resort ferry launches.

Considering it is titled “Grand Floridian to MK Walkway”, I’d say there is a more than decent chance they are building exactly what the title indicates. There currently is no GF to MK walkway...

That's what I'm hoping. FWIW, the crane recently seen on site is on the *other* side of the canal- the side closer to GF. So it's not positioned where the current "path to nowhere" is....

This would just give my daughter more ammunition in convincing us to buy a GFV contract. She's 14 and loves GFV so whenever we discuss adding on she mentions it. We like to ability to walk from BLT to MK but are not fans of BLT itself so never stay there. GFV with a walkway to MK would be wonderful.

Considering it is titled “Grand Floridian to MK Walkway”, I’d say there is a more than decent chance they are building exactly what the title indicates. There currently is no GF to MK walkway...
Permit type is 'Construction Generic Dewatering Large'

This would just give my daughter more ammunition in convincing us to buy a GFV contract. She's 14 and loves GFV so whenever we discuss adding on she mentions it. We like to ability to walk from BLT to MK but are not fans of BLT itself so never stay there. GFV with a walkway to MK would be wonderful.
I’ve walked the pathway to nowhere from end to end. It’s not as easy as walking from BWV to HS or Epcot. Nor is it as convenient as BLT to MK. It might be nice to have the option but I’m not getting my hopes up.

If they remove the canal, they would no longer be able to get the Riverboat out of the MK if necessary.

Yeah the canal also feeds water to the castle moat and Rivers of America. It would definitely have to be a drawbridge, but WDW already has some of those (like at Epcot for the boats to go through)

That was the rumor years ago, and it never came along. Even if it does, it's a l...o...n...g. walk to MK.

The walk will seem short compared to the lines for the boat and monorail at MK closing time...
Which is the same time a drawbridge would need to be up for the Electrical Water Pageant.
(At least once in Epcot after Illuminations and a late ADR, the bridge was opened for the night and made us walk around the other way)

This is specifically a permit issued by the NPDES Stormwater Program. The program regulates point source discharges from three potential sources: Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s), construction activities and industrial activities.

So when you apply that into a canal, it's not about building a bridge. It's about stormwater runoff and its impacts.

A permit to build a bridge won't come from NPDES.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter