Final illuminations

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
When wishes ended disney said it would "go out with a bang" and it did. Does anybody think illuminations will have extra fireworks for its final showing? I haven't seen Disney mention anything yet.

There wasn't anything special on the final night of Wishes - it was just the regular show and then it was over forever.

While I would love a special tag ending for the final Illuminations and I suspect many involved with the show would as well, I am going to assume it won't happen. Who knows though, that's just my guess.

I wish there would be a finale tag, but my guess is no. The whole reason there is an interim show: "Epcot Forever" is because they need to rework so much of the lagoon infrastructure that supports the different aspects of the show, a part of which is definitely the special finale tags. My guess is that the extra firework barges and launch locations for the bonus fireworks are already being prepped for the new show: HarmoniUS

It would be nice if they added the “Let There Be Peace on Earth” tag. There is nothing “holiday” about that tag - Peace is something we should hope and work for every day.

I’ve also seen a lot of recent reports of missing elements from the show. I hope, at minimum, the last show includes all features. Including a tag would be tremendous. I am so sad to see this show retired.

Im actually concerned for the last show. For the last month they have been cutting fireworks from the show, people seem to think that it's because of construction on the islands.
Im going tonight to watch and hopefully the full show will be on
Please report back with what you find out. We are flying down specifically for the final show.

When wishes ended disney said it would "go out with a bang" and it did. Does anybody think illuminations will have extra fireworks for its final showing? I haven't seen Disney mention anything yet.

I was hoping they might add something along the line of the 4th of July extra add on but doubtful as the cost has to be extraordinary.
Im actually concerned for the last show. For the last month they have been cutting fireworks from the show, people seem to think that it's because of construction on the islands.
Since we’ll be staying @ BW planning to do walk over for both the 29th & 30th to see if any major differences. Didn’t plan the trip around it but thinking there will be more than a few people who will be there on the 30th just to say they were there. Wonder if there will be buttons or merchandise...good enough reason to make a buck lol

I was hoping they might add something along the line of the 4th of July extra add on but doubtful as the cost has to be extraordinary.

Since we’ll be staying @ BW planning to do walk over for both the 29th & 30th to see if any major differences. Didn’t plan the trip around it but thinking there will be more than a few people who will be there on the 30th just to say they were there. Wonder if there will be buttons or merchandise...good enough reason to make a buck lol

There is already merch out.

While a few extras might be there “just to say they were”, I suspect (far less cynically) that the majority of the people who will be there because it is the last will be there because we love the show and want to be there to say goodbye.

There is already merch out.

While a few extras might be there “just to say they were”, I suspect (far less cynically) that the majority of the people who will be there because it is the last will be there because we love the show and want to be there to say goodbye.

...along with a contingent who has no clue it’s the last day. Might be difficult to believe for some repeat visitors & planners here, but there are many who visit disney parks with little planning.

There’s a big difference between a person being honest vs being dubbed cynical (a term that strikes me as derisive in context here). :confused3

However, thanks for your input as to associated merchandise being available for purchase, will be sure to take a look.

...along with a contingent who has no clue it’s the last day. Might be difficult to believe for some repeat visitors & planners here, but there are many who visit disney parks with little planning.

There’s a big difference between a person being honest vs being dubbed cynical (a term that strikes me as derisive in context here). :confused3

However, thanks for your input as to associated merchandise being available for purchase, will be sure to take a look.

To me, the suggestion that people are there “just to say they were” is cynical. Nothing insulting meant by calling it that. Just honest.

To me, the suggestion that people are there “just to say they were” is cynical. Nothing insulting meant by calling it that. Just honest.

That’s your opinion, I stated mine. Enjoy illuminations

Construction on the islands is done for the most part but yes they have been cutting shells from the show.

I was going to write a post about this but I wasn't sure if it was a big deal to most people. I watched illuminations for the first time (I've seen it multiple times from outside the park, and I saw it once inside but that was maybe 5 years ago and I barely remember it) last week and I love it. But I noticed that when the earth barge was on it's way out one of the panels on it wasn't lighting up. And right before it docked itself in the middle the whole thing started flashing and eventually all of its lights went out. I suspect it was a short in the wiring. A few seconds as it went out I saw a boat flying towards it and they fixed it. I was worried when they were fixing it because I wasn't sure if a firework would go off while they were there but it didn't. Everything was fixed and safe. The show seemed to have every effect working / normal amount of fireworks except there were no lasers which is disappointing to me as that is an effect I really like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts