Figuring out FCC??

*pixie*

DIS Veteran
We had two cruises that were paid in full, and then cancelled by DCL. We took the FCC on both of them. We have rebooked one of them, but not the other. Both were booked through Costco. I have a feeling I'm going to have to just take the refund on the one we haven't rebooked yet due to the September 30, 2022 date. I'm trying to figure out how much FCC we have to use on the rebooked cruise (rebooked cruise was cheaper than the initial booked cruise). We had to reschedule it more than once and I've lost track on how much extra FCC we have for on board.

Do I call DCL or Costco for that information?

We had two cruises that were paid in full, and then cancelled by DCL. We took the FCC on both of them. We have rebooked one of them, but not the other. Both were booked through Costco. I have a feeling I'm going to have to just take the refund on the one we haven't rebooked yet due to the September 30, 2022 date. I'm trying to figure out how much FCC we have to use on the rebooked cruise (rebooked cruise was cheaper than the initial booked cruise). We had to reschedule it more than once and I've lost track on how much extra FCC we have for on board.

Do I call DCL or Costco for that information?
I would say call DCL because Costco would have to call them to ask. And I have heard wait times are pretty long right now. The easiest thing to do is choose a new cruise and go through the booking process. Make sure all passengers who are eligible for FCC are included in the booking. When you get to the payment page, it gives you he option to apply FCC. Clicl on that box and it will show how much you have left for each person and for each sailing that was cancelled. At that point, you can cancel and close out the window. You don't have to actually book the cruise but at least you can easily (and quickly) see how much you have left in your account.

I doubt DCL will talk with you since you booked thru Costco. I had a similar question and called DCL for a quick answer since it was so hard to get thru to Costco. DCL told me to call Costco travel - they couldn’t tell me anything.

I doubt DCL will talk with you since you booked thru Costco. I had a similar question and called DCL for a quick answer since it was so hard to get thru to Costco. DCL told me to call Costco travel - they couldn’t tell me anything.
Once a cruise is cancelled, the reservation no longer exists and it is not attached to the travel agent for purposes of FCC. I had booked a cruise through Cruises Only with Hilton points. When DCL cancelled the cruise, the points were converted to cash and the FCC was put into my account and I was able to rebook directly through DCL and never dealt with Cruises Only again.

If you are going to cancel the cruise and ask for the money back, you might need to contact Costco. But if you are just looking to see how much FCC you have, you should be able to get that directly through DCL (or through the process I described above).

Two hours on the phone later, I got my answer! I called Costco. All of our FCCs were being lumped into one, and they were telling me I would have an insane amount to spend onboard our January 2022 cruise if I didn't have another cruise booked by the end of December 2021 to use them up. Ended up requesting a refund of our second cancelled cruise because there was no way we could sail before September 30, 2022 and I don't think they'll extend that date. Also requested a refund because all the FCC was getting overly complicated between the booked and unbooked cruise. Once I requested a refund, I was able to get a clear answer on the amount of credits we will have to use up on our January 2022 cruise.

Thanks everyone for your help!

We will also have a huge credit available for our next DCL cruise. Can hopefully use them on excursions. Otherwise, we’ll be buying a lot of souvenirs onboard!

We will also have a huge credit available for our next DCL cruise. Can hopefully use them on excursions. Otherwise, we’ll be buying a lot of souvenirs onboard!

You can use the credit for pretty much anything - excursions, drinks, gratuities, bingo cards….anything that would get charged to your on board account:)

You can use the credit for pretty much anything - excursions, drinks, gratuities, bingo cards….anything that would get charged to your on board account:)
Including anything from the onboard stores (jewelry, artwork, photo studio, luggage, clothing, mugs, toys, etc.)?

Including anything from the onboard stores (jewelry, artwork, photo studio, luggage, clothing, mugs, toys, etc.)?

I assume so….I think if you use your KTTW card to buy it, it goes on your account, and the extra FCC credit will be on that same account, so they’d use that up first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter