FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

World Cup excitement scale: How excited are you for the tournament?

Votes: 26 52.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Friday WC schedule:

10am ET

Ghana vs Uruguay on Fox, Universo, TSN, Peacock

South Korea vs Portugal on FS1, Telemundo, TSN, Peacock

2pm ET
Cameroon vs Brazil on Fox, Telemundo, TSN, Peacock

Serbia vs Switzerland on FS1, Universo, TSN, Peacock

Someone already thought of that, minus the ice.

Dallas_Sidekicks_vs_Texas_Strikers_B_-_23_February_2013.jpg

It was a joke…lighten up
Don’t worry I know. But you never shy away at poking fun at the world’s game. ;)
Won't happen these folks take their fútbol as serious as a heart attack.
I’m used to being made fun of for liking the sport. I wasn’t built as a quarterback, but soccer can really be played in different ways by all people at any skill level. I love multiple sports but many people that root for team USA this World Cup will be the same people that complain that Sports Center will talk about it for more than 5 minutes. Sportscasters and radio hosts still only have minimal knowledge of the sport and that’s honestly pathetic given how much they get paid. England as an example has a one hour local radio show on each of its BBC radio stations. Soccer has already moved into the number 3 spot in terms of popularity (overtaking hockey and tied with baseball in some polls). Yet we soccer fans continue to hear the jokes and frowns about the sport from people who barely watch it. This isn’t meant as a shot towards you just the general North American population. It’s a shame that if we win the World Cup with the youngest team in history, people will make fun of the sport and not even give our domestic leagues a chance. I continuously hear how the women team is better than the men’s team true in terms of talent and World Cup titles, when it’s simply not true. The women’s team is talented but it’s not the same competition compared to the men’s team and what their opposition’s talent is. The women are ahead with WC titles because North America and a few other countries around the world care about women sports. They win based more on their lack of competition rather than their talent level itself. If European nations took women’s sports seriously, the USWNT would not win 99/100 times. My hope for the future is that all countries around the world pay and invest in women sports leagues as much as mens sports leagues. The whole point of the USA hosting in 2026 is to grow the sport and have the media take the sport seriously and equally to the other big four. Soccer deserves the same hour commitment on sports shows as every other sport and not just every 4 years. We have two friendlies coming up In January. How many will watch post WC? MLS starts on February how many will tune in? USL and MLS are expanding next year, how many know if a team is in their hive town/city? We have Nations League in March, will you watch? We have Gold Cup in July, will the general public care? I’m tired of El-Tri fans out numbering USMNT fans everywhere we go in the country. It hurts that in this great country that prides itself in diversity that the USMNT (despite it’s success in the last decade) will always be second to fans of other nations in this country. As the sport grows, I just wish team USA would gain more support permanently instead of having to strategically to play matches around the country. I pray for the day 80,000 USA fans out number opponent fans. It shouldn’t be this hard to show that this team matters and deserves permanent respect and support. So before taking a shot at USA soccer fans, understand it’s hard to get respect in Europe but even harder here in America.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter