Fidelity

Not sure if this is changing, but on my most recent contract (last month) they went straight for Mason.
That would be a change from last year as it was automatically First American then. I requested Mason after my first 2 long waits for closing documents from FA and they told me that would slow the process down for them. I stayed with Mason and received closing documents much faster after passing estoppel.

You can choose your title company, but Fidelity will try to have you use First American and they are a SLOW title company compared to Mason and Jeffrey Sweet.
Just used Fidelity for the first time and I didn’t request a specific title company. Ended up with Mason Title and they have been very responsive and have kept me informed the entire way.

Just used Fidelity for the first time and I didn’t request a specific title company. Ended up with Mason Title and they have been very responsive and have kept me informed the entire way.

I just made my offer with Fidelity and inquired about using Mason and my broker said that is who they will use. Now just waiting to see if it is accepted! 🤞

I'd use them over DVCResaleMarket in a hearbeat! I had one contract with them without any issues and two with DVCResaleMarket (both nightmares with no communication - one passed ROFR 5/20 and still hasn't closed despite an email telling me it would close 7/17 - an email that I had to solicit after a month of zero communication after signing closing docs)

Hi! I am trying to buy my fist DVC and I saw a contact that appealed to me on the Fidelity timeshare website - does anyone have experience with this company? If you do, can you let me know the pros and cons? Thanks!

Fidelity has some of the best prices but they are so slow! After we (both parties) signed the contract, it took Fidelity another 2 weeks to send it to Disney for ROFR. Six weeks after it passed, I am still waiting on closing documents from the title company.

You can choose your title company, but Fidelity will try to have you use First American and they are a SLOW title company compared to Mason and Jeffrey Sweet.

First American is extremely slow! I wish I had known prior and requested a different title company. I am still waiting 6 weeks later to get closing docs.

Fidelity has some of the best prices but they are so slow! After we (both parties) signed the contract, it took Fidelity another 2 weeks to send it to Disney for ROFR. Six weeks after it passed, I am still waiting on closing documents from the title company.
Out of curiosity, did they give a reason for the delay? We had a similar issue where ours was sent 3 weeks after we thought it was. When I called to confirm that it had just been sent (we thought the email we got was supposed to be telling us we passed ROFR), it seemed like they were just making up an excuse about the seller causing the delay.

I bought (2) via resale.

(1) on fidelity - got a really good price, great communication, passes quickly

(1) on DVC resale market - good price, took about 60 days to pass ROFR as there was some paperwork error and a lot of unclear finger pointing, and I felt like a crazy person because I had to keep following up (day 40, 45, 50, etc. lol)

I would say though the title company is your real most important component here if you know what you’re buying and what you want to pay. They all have different inventory and so you have to watch all of the sites closely.

I bought (2) via resale.

(1) on fidelity - got a really good price, great communication, passes quickly

(1) on DVC resale market - good price, took about 60 days to pass ROFR as there was some paperwork error and a lot of unclear finger pointing, and I felt like a crazy person because I had to keep following up (day 40, 45, 50, etc. lol)

I would say though the title company is your real most important component here if you know what you’re buying and what you want to pay. They all have different inventory and so you have to watch all of the sites closely.

Both parties signed the agreement last Thursday, I paid my deposit on Friday and just got an email today (Tuesday) stating my contract was in ROFR. So far it’s been fast with good communication. My agent said they’re using Mason title co. Now the wait begins!!!

I just paid my deposit on Friday and my contact is in ROFR as of today (Tuesday). Hopefully all will go ok from here on out.

I've bought 2 or 3 contracts from them. Last one was last summer.The agent was Amy it was a 150 point BWV.She emailed me back immediately and told me someone had outbid me by a few dollars and if I'd like to bid More no brainer it was a very fair contract,canadian owner and would I mind delaying my closing until November? We were peak covid at the time and we had no plans to go to WDW anytime soon ,so another no problem. We did use First American and since closing was going to be delayed by several months I had no problems.
It ws a smooth transaction and saved us a lot of money. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter