Fellowship of the fisheye

A few oddballs...

20160512015421-395c8e96-la.jpg

20160512020707-42e87635-la.jpg

20160512024412-e9a8f16d-la.jpg

Leila-Jack-090917-03.jpg

Last edited:

From a recent trip to Argyle, NY - bet you've never heard of it. :)

Argyle-11.jpg

Argyle-12.jpg

Argyle-15.jpg

Argyle-42.jpg

Argyle-47.jpg

LOVE the photos - especially the one with the daylilies and the lake in the background! I have to get a fisheye lense after looking at all of these photoes!

By the way.....I have heard of Argyle. But I also live in Saratoga Springs! :)

Jack is getting SO big!!! He's almost a giant! :lmao:
Heheh - you have no idea! The kid is easily the tallest in his class.
LOVE the photos - especially the one with the daylilies and the lake in the background! I have to get a fisheye lense after looking at all of these photoes!

By the way.....I have heard of Argyle. But I also live in Saratoga Springs! :)
Thanks! I would reply with a fisheye photo from Saratoga Springs but the only one I could find was a shot of the bathroom in our hotel - I think I was testing out my then-new Zenitar 16mm fisheye. :) I have some non-fisheye photos of SS here. On our trip to Argyle, we just zipped through SS without stopping, so I have nothing since then (2006).

On the topic of fisheye portraits, I have a few oddballs that really make my daughter look positively Martian! This was when she was less than two months old.

Leila-Jack-090628-005.jpg

Leila-Jack-090628-006.jpg

Heheh - you have no idea! The kid is easily the tallest in his class.

Thanks! I would reply with a fisheye photo from Saratoga Springs but the only one I could find was a shot of the bathroom in our hotel - I think I was testing out my then-new Zenitar 16mm fisheye. :) I have some non-fisheye photos of SS here. On our trip to Argyle, we just zipped through SS without stopping, so I have nothing since then (2006).

On the topic of fisheye portraits, I have a few oddballs that really make my daughter look positively Martian! This was when she was less than two months old.

Leila-Jack-090628-005.jpg

Leila-Jack-090628-006.jpg

Groucho - wonderful pictures of Saratoga - you definitely captured the architecture of downtown. There are always so many things to photograph even after living here for 25 years. I browsed through your other photo albums - you provide imuch nspiration for many photographic ideas!

After being inspired by seeing all of the pictures in this post, I convinced MH that we HAD to have a Fisheye for our upcoming trip! We just ordered ours and will have it in just a few days, just in time for Disney. Can't think of a better place to try out a new lens!!

Groucho - wonderful pictures of Saratoga - you definitely captured the architecture of downtown. There are always so many things to photograph even after living here for 25 years. I browsed through your other photo albums - you provide imuch nspiration for many photographic ideas!
Thanks! It was fun shooting there, I was there accompanying Mrs Groucho who was at a librarian conference, so I had a good amount of time to just wander around. It was also late fall so there wasn't much in the way of crowds... of course, it also meant that the carousel wasn't running, alas.

Now, to keep the photos coming...

April 2008:
20160512025316-a501b793-la.jpg

January 2010:
20160514035514-89b6dc2a-la.jpg

20160514035514-59039cbf-la.jpg

20160514035523-41aa8d01-la.jpg

20160514035601-93900ae3-la.jpg

Last edited:
Canon just put out a video shot entirely with their upcoming fisheye zoom. You can see it here.

If you watch the "making of" video, you'll see that they used an RC helicopter for one of the shots. If you've been worrying about what to get me for Christmas, one of those would be perfect.

Finally I can join the fellowship- Nikon D40 & Samyang 8mm f/3.5

Imagination by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Electric Umbrella by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Blue Skies by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Wonders of LIfe by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Monorail by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Monorail by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Tron by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Meet Duffy by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Twin Pearls by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Epcot by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Japan by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Killer shots at the Imagination fountains, Jeff. Makes me really give serious consideration to that Samyang fisheye. I just am not sure about the metering and focus (mostly metering).

Killer shots at the Imagination fountains, Jeff. Makes me really give serious consideration to that Samyang fisheye. I just am not sure about the metering and focus (mostly metering).

Thanks. Manual focus is easy- you really have to work at it to get anything out of focus. And it will meter fine with the D7000- aren't you getting one of those? I was just using it on the D40 yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter