FEEBEE on ATKINS Pt 1 please feel free to post

Oh, Feebee? Forget about that netball question. . .read it on your page 1 (I read a little backwards sometimes. . .:p )

Cheerio!

Having a GREAT day today, the grey clouds have parted!

Breakfast, smoked salmon rolled with primula cream cheese with chives (yum cream cheese less that 1 carb)

lunch- 3 egg omelette with cheese and a bit of onion.
desert, I treated myself to 3 pineapple rings with heavy cream about 12 carbs but good.

still well with my 20 carbs!!

Netball tonight!!!really looking forward to it.

will probably have cheese etc for dinner.

Feeling much better, and I recognised that yesterday would have been one of my 'giving in days' in a previous life did you spot the "I'm not that fat anyway" Shame on me!!

Onwards and upwards (downwards) and thank you so much for being there.

:bounce:

Yeah Feebee glad to see you are having a sunny day:Pinkbounc

I love the cream cheese too w/salmon or dried beef, yummy. I haven't eaten much fruit but will look at the numbers and see about adding some.

Netball tonight will burn so much fat but remember to keep it over there, passing of the fat is a penalty:p

FEEBEE,
I'm so sorry to read about your terrible day!!! I'm glad it has gotten better for you! :bounce:

I know it (your goal) seems so far away (I know, I have at least 50 pounds to lose) but I keep telling myself that A. I didn't get this heavy overnight, so it isn't going to go away overnight and B. This is how I'm going to eat for the rest of my life (hopefully with a few more carbs and even a potato or beer someday!), so in the big picture, the time it takes to drop the weight won't be that long. We DO love to see immediate results though, don't we? I mean, it was much more fun eating whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted, and having a sedentary lifestyle...but we were not healthy and we didn't feel good about ourselves. Every day that you eat healthy and get out and move is a day you can be proud of and puts you closer to your goal!!! :)

Wow...I got myself all pepped up just then! LOL :rolleyes:

Anyway, don't let others get you down, and it might be best to try to avoid the pubs...this has been one of the hardest things for me, I do love my buffalo wings and beer and football! But, I've been out a few times and while I allowed myself to have a beer or a rum and diet coke, I never had them because that little voice in my head said "you're working so hard, do you really want to stop burning fat for a little while and burn the alcohol?" and my answer was no! Burn the fat, burn the fat...fat is evil. (And so are donuts!!!:mad: )

Hope you have a great day!!!
Forget about the meanies! :jester:

Karen :smooth:

hi everyone,

Really good day yesterday, good Netball!!

woken up this morning with no appetite again, which is great as I can make a conscious decision about when and what to eat rather than 4 slices of toast in the 1st 5 mins!

We are going to london today and then accross to Portsmouth on the South coast Sat/sun to stay with the family that came up here last weekend. I live in middle/north so it is about 2/3 hours away.

Cant wait for London as the DD's are really excited and we are going to go to the Rainforest Cafe, it is the first one opened outside the States Believe it or not I have never seen all of the sights!
I think as long as I stay away from alcohol I will be OK.

DH's cousin has a boat so we usually go out from Portsmouth to the Isle Of White, look on your Atlas's, it is a tiny island but good fun on the boat and we usually go over have lunch at the pub and come back again. I hear you saying (DANGER AHEAD) Fiona in a pub..........yeah I know Ill be carefull!!!!! Have a look on the web where I am going, it is aplace called Port Solent Marina, he has a waterside appartment so it is lovely if the weather is nice to sit on his balcony and watch all of the posh people coming in an out on there £million yaghts. Dream Dream!!

Anyway wont be able to post till Sun/Mon AAAAGH back at work Monday, dreading it! But at leastI will be more active as the only excercise I have had in the last 2 weeks is my fingers on the DIS!!!!!
Be Good you lot, I am watching you Transatlantic:smooth: :Pinkbounc

Feebee, you have a great time! Your getaway weekend sounds fantastic. I'll be away from the DIS as well for a few days. . .we'll all have to catch up and compare notes next week. Yeah, you'll be in London and the English coast watching the posh sail on yachts and I'll be in a small mountain town in rural Pennsylvania. Almost the same, right?:rolleyes: Still a getaway is a getaway. . .

Whenever you enter a pub visualize a flashing DANGER sign above and know that we're all pulling for you.

Have a good one!

Oh your weekend sounds fantastic, ohh la la, oh wait that's french not english:p

You be ware of those pubs and I will be looking that up so I can dream dream dream.

Stay focused!

Fiona, where are you???? We want to hear about your wonderful weekend trip and whether you dodged the danger in the pub!!

I hope all's well with you and you're having good days!!

Come back Feebee, come back! I've been away for a while too, so don't feel bad.

I wanted to let all of you know that you've been in my thoughts this last week and I was wondering how you were all doing. Didn't eat any donuts I hope!

I'm glad to see that you got over that little bump in the road the other day. Just stay focused and don't listen to any critisism. The average woman in the U.S. is a size 12, so don't worry so much. You don't want to be another Kate Moss do you? Don't look at the 40 pounds you want to lose in one lump sum. Think about possibly making a mini goal for yourself, say 5 lbs. by the end of October or something along those lines. Before you know it, you'll make goal.

Ok, I'm not thinking clearly anymore, so I'd better call it a night. I hope you post soon. Good night!:o

hi guys,

thanx for the posts,

I am still here but the weekend knocked me off track slightly, so to combat this I joined WW on Monday!

I am still going to do low carb within the points system. but I think I definately need a weekly Check In for motivation.

I havnt done very well on the points so far, I think it is partly because my head is still on Atkins, I am eating too much and running out of points before the end of the day!! But I am confident it will all come together next week I am going shopping today and will stock up on low point options, Cheese is out!!
I am sickl of so much cheese though and I was starting to feel a bit nauseous on Atkins, which isnt good long term.

I have a Netball tournamant tomorrow which will be from 10.00am till 4.00pm so I should burn off a few points and hopefully at least have remained the same at weigh in on monday, and I can really go for it next week.

the weekend was fab, especially the day in London, I had never done all of the sights and it was really interesting as we walked most of it, it was really cool walking past the end of Downing Street, I didnt see Tony though! We went on the London Eye, which is a huge wheel, a bit like an enormous Ferriss wheel but much higher and hight tech, you are in big glass capsules in groups of 20 and are taken up above London, you can see all of the sights and although I am a bit scared of hights I was so glad I did it!

again thanx for your kind posts:cool:

Nice to see you again, I was worried you fell off and didn't want to get back on:p

Go net ball, I hope you win big!

Feebee...glad to see you back!

You have to do what feels best for you! If you weren't feeling good on Atkins, then that's not for you! I think you're right to stick to low carb in some fashion though, I think there really is something to the notion of carbs being evil!!!

I found with cheese, I was excited to have it in the beginning (I mean, lose weight AND have cheese???) but I think I was using it too much and it's still about calories...so I've stopped using it so much, although I enjoy a snack of cheese and maybe salami in the afternoon.

I'm sure you'll find a middle ground where you can lose and have some of the things you enjoy though!!!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend and I hope you have a great weekend THIS weekend too!

Keep us posted, we're here for you! :)

Karen :smooth:

So you got off track a little, don't worry. At least you did plenty of walking in London so give yourself credit for that. Wow, I'd love to go to London some day. Sounds fab!

I know what you're saying about the cheese. I actually was getting that feeling with all the meat I was eating. I was having large portions of meat because I was so hungry in the beginning, but now that my appetite is smaller, I don't need so much.

I think it's a good idea to continue the low carb thing too along with WW. It should keep you in that fat burning mode.

Gotta get to work. Have a great weekend!:D

Feebee, I'm glad to hear you're sticking with it, even through the rough spots! If Atkins is not working for you, then it makes perfect sense to try something else. I'm sure you'll be fine after a short adjustment period. Many people on low carb find that too much cheese slows or stalls their weight loss, so I wouldn't worry about giving it up. Eventually you'll be able to add it back into your diet in moderate amounts.

I hope your netball tourney is going well! I bet all that exercise and team spirit feels so good!!

Hello out there all the way in England! Just wanted to say a quick hello. I'll pay a visit tomorrow to see how you did this weekend. Talk to you soon!:D

Hey, how's it going, Feebee? You and I are on the same kind of plan now--low carb WW. I love it! When I tried the strict Atkins, I just felt too nauseaus. I didn't want to eat at all. I guess that could've been a good thing, but I like my food too much!:p Anyway, when I'm counting my points and eating low carb, I feel great, and it works for me. (Too bad I had to run away for a few days with some donuts, brownies, and tootsie rolls :rolleyes: ) Hope your new plan works for you, too!

Glad you had a good time in London. Was there once many years ago and would love to go back with DH and DD. Maybe I'd have enough money if I didn't give it all to that Mouse?!:confused:

Have a good week. Be strong.

Ok Feebee, you'd better not be eating donuts!:mad: Hope you're doing ok. Hopefully we'll hear from you soon.:D

Feebee, I miss you! I hope all is well "across the pond" and am sending good wishes your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter