Fedora's? your opinion

WEDcryoHEAD

Bump stocks & Giggle switches
I am a man of a certain age, mid 50's and about 10 years ago I started to get bored of baseball caps. I also had a bout with skin cancer as I do not have much hair left. LOL. So I started to collect and wear fedoras and Australian / outback type brimmed hats. I do realize they tend to be polarizing, so I am looking to see how many more men around here were these types of hats, despise these types of hats, could care less etc.

I was given my first fedora by my wife, as something to wear to the beach and on a cruise ship. I have since become a fan and an admirer of vintage / classic fedoras. I own several fur felts from the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. There is nothing that compares to the quality and construction of these hats. I find them to be comfortable and classy. I wear them with suits, sport coats, overcoats and even with just a sweater and a jacket.

I have straws that I wear when I am in WDW and I have found that the stares and comments that I get are much less than when I wear them at home. As a matter of fact most of the comments I get in the resorts are complimentary.

What are your experiences?

DH almost always wears his Haunted Mansion fedora he got at Memento Mori several years ago as his park touring hat. It's the coolest hat. He gets lots of compliments wherever he wears it, which is practically everywhere. Medium grey with three Hitchhiking Ghost stickpins in a purple HM patterned ribbon hatband.

Unfortunately, they're no longer sold, which he found out a few years ago upon asking about a replacement because the felt of both of his is somewhat faded.

His other hats are not vintage but classy nonetheless.

So, if you see a guy at WDW in a powerchair who's wearing the HM Ghosts hat and a bowtie, flag us down to say hello. :-) He enjoys meeting others of discerning tastes who wear fedoras. :cool:

I have seen the Haunted Mansion fedora you are referring to. It is very cool. I haven't tried the bow ties yet. I am a suit guy though and I like the look, so I know I will at some point.

I'll give you a different perspective...my daughter's boyfriend, who is 17 years old has a collection of fedoras and everytime I see him, he is wearing a different one. They look good.

I'm of the mindset that if you like it and you're comfortable wearing something, go for it.

Up until the late 60s, just about every man wore a hat and many of those were fedoras.

Absolutely. I grew up in the 70's and even though it was losing its appeal, men still wore suits, or at least slacks, shirts and sport coats when they were going anywhere outside of the home with the exception of a neighborhood BBQ or the like. I miss those days. I am not partial to the jeans, t-shirts, basketball shorts and sneakers almost everywhere. Even in restaurants. Kind of drives me crazy, but according to my kids, I am a dinosaur. I suppose I am.

Last edited:
I have been toying with the idea of trying one out. I am getting tired of ball caps as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter