February Trip Report thread...here we go again.

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by FortWildernessCamper, Jan 1, 2019.

1. FortWildernessCamper

FortWildernessCamper Want to be in that Disney Bubble

Since our adult DDs had such a great time staying with us at The Fort last February, DD#1 wants to return and bring her husband and two daughters(DGD#1 age 17, and DGD#2 age 15). So we have Fort Reservations for February 14 to 19. Premium site was all we could get...do I sound like I'm complaining I'm not complaining!
    Anyone else going to be there in February?

2. Teamubr

Teamubr Formerly racing around the country.

Congrats! That's a great time of year to go. Crowds are manageable and the weather is generally very nice. Even if a cold front comes through, the real cold doesn't last long.

j

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. PaHunter

PaHunter Photographer in need of training...

Sounds good, we have done Feb a couple times, pack an assortment of clothes. We saw as low as 35 and high of 90

FortWildernessCamper likes this.
  5. rideswithchrist

rideswithchrist DIS Veteran

We did the last week in Feb last time and the weather was nice, Texas got hammered with ice and we still had 50-something temps :)

6. topiney

topiney Mouseketeer

We will be there the last week in February and cannot wait to return to the Fort. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

7. tinkerjo

tinkerjo Crazy Disney nut

Have reservations in February but sadly we will be canceling (tent site) just not in the cards this year. I got a new golf cart and everything!! We will be going May 2020 for DD and DS college graduation presents so there is a trip to plan. Hope you have a wonderful time. Last year’s weather was perfect in February

8. bsjs0708

bsjs0708 DIS Veteran

We'll be there in a preferred site from February 3-15! Cannot wait! My favorite time of year to go ! It's been years since we've stayed at the fort. ..Best ..Place.. Ever !

9. J.Scott Cape Cod

J.Scott Cape Cod Home sweet home!

C'mon people, my family can't be the only ones heading to FW next month!

Where's the excitement? Where's the trip thread??

Feb 17-23 for us!

10. bama_ed

bama_ed It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney

You're a born leader, J.Scott Cape Cod. :thumbsup2

I'm excited you started a TR thread for February. Gives me another month to look forward to.

popcorn::

Bama Ed

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    BCPKnight and ConnecticutNonna like this.
  11. PaHunter

PaHunter Photographer in need of training...

Sadly for us this year, no Feb. That was our original plan was to be there this month with the nephew. Just did not work out that way.

12. team bradfield

team bradfield happy campers

we are 60 days out, Mid March but tomorrow is Fast Pass day! Yay

13. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure! Moderator

There was a Feb thread started on Jan 1. I am going to merge the 2 together.

14. FortWildernessCamper

FortWildernessCamper Want to be in that Disney Bubble

Spoke with DD today and all six of us plan on going to AK one day...that will be me DH DD DSL DGD#1 and DGD#2. DGDs want to go to MK alone which is fine with everyone else as they are 17 and 16 years old. Nobody else wants to go to MK. But I am like wait what I want to go to MK!!! So I will be going over in the boat with them (that's if they get up early enough otherwise I leave without them) and spending the day ABMS at MK!! I can go wherever I want. Shop when ever I want. Wait in line whenever I want. Eat wherever and whenever I want. I am so happy

15. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

Hi,
    First timer at FW.
    We are going for a "taste". One night at the end of our trip to enjoy HDDR, s'mores, Chip and Dale, and maybe a movie (the younger generation,DH and I will probably head to our cabin to sleep, lol)
    Our date is February 17.

16. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

That MK day sounds glorious!

FortWildernessCamper likes this.
  17. Sluf

Sluf Mouseketeer

We're leaving east Tennessee the 17th, arriving on the 18th! CAN. NOT. WAIT!

18. tigger92662

tigger92662 They're not really rules, More like guidelines

That "taste" is gonna hook ya. Even though it's an action packed 1 day, can't beat what The Fort has to offer. Besides, you'll be havin' too much fun to sleep. :cool1:

tinkerjo and ConnecticutNonna like this.
  19. bsjs0708

bsjs0708 DIS Veteran

We'll be arriving on the 3rd and leave on the 15th

20. Ozgood

Ozgood Earning My Ears

We will be there! Hubby and daughter will arrive on 17th, I fly in on 18th and we both leave on the 25th.

Our adult son and his wife are also flying in on either the 18th or 19th! Should be fun! Our DIL went to MK when she was 8, and that was it. Total blasphemy! Lol

We will be in a premium spot somewhere

21. Sluf

Sluf Mouseketeer

We're leaving east Tennessee on Sunday morning (the 17th) and arriving in Orlando that evening. We're going to TRY to pick up an extra day and check in a day early. If we can't do that, we're gonna bounce over to a local campground and spend the night, and then check in on Monday. We're in a premium spot as well. See you in a few weeks...

ConnecticutNonna, Teamubr and bama_ed like this.