February 8th 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise Meet

My docs came today too! Cant wait! (especially since it is supposed to be -15 for a high this coming Monday)

If there's anyone in this cruise meet group that doesn't have facebook but wants to be added to the spreadsheet let me know and I will email you the link. We don't want you to miss out!

We're looking for you on Facebook, LOL! Need to know the makeup of your rooms, ie how many adults, kids, and need ages of kids, too. For fish extender stuff...pls reply here and I'll put on Facebook page.

PS I'm in Alexandria!

It seems we are a little late to this party, but are excited to be taking our 1st DCL cruise. I'm only now finding this group! It will be our family of 5- Me- Kim, my DH Brady, DS 7, DD 5, & DS 2. We are very excited as we hear DCL is the best for family cruising. I have have signed us up for all kinds of stuff on board & in ports. I am curious about the Nursery & any experience people may have had using it. Thank you-

We have used the nursery! They were awesome. The staff is all first language English. Some people have reported that they don't change diapers but that wasn't the case with our daughter. We mainly took our little girl to the nursery after she ate dinner or if she needed a rest and we had something planned with our older daughter. The staff would recognize her by name our sight outside of the nursery and always stopped to tickle her or play with her in the hall. Very sweet staff. :)

We have used the nursery! They were awesome. The staff is all first language English. Some people have reported that they don't change diapers but that wasn't the case with our daughter. We mainly took our little girl to the nursery after she ate dinner or if she needed a rest and we had something planned with our older daughter. The staff would recognize her by name or sight outside of the nursery and always stopped to tickle her or play with her in the hall. Very sweet staff. :)
Edited because I can't spell early in the morning. ;)

We are flying in late Friday night and staying at the airport Hyatt Regency, one of our favorites. We have our favorite cabin in 5 forward, the funnest part of the ship (and no it is not noisy and does not smell like diapers). This is our 5yh Disney Cruise and second on the Fantasy. Our two boys age 11 and 8 are very excited and hope they find other boys to play with. After the cruise we're staying the the new villas and the Grand Floridian for a long weekend.

See you all on board!:cool1:

Great-thanks! We are looking forward to some adult time & are hoping he likes it so he wants to go! He is newly potty trained so hoping it all works out. I know my older 2 will love the kids club, wish they could all 3 be together for piece of mind ;)

I am from Las Vegas where we tip for EVERYTHING. I want to make sure I understand the tipping culture on the cruise, since its my first time. I understand that the tip for most of your assigned staff is calculated at the end and you can add extra if desired. I'm wondering about tipping for services during the trip, for example when you get a drink, or spa services, or crew member helps you with something... is it typical to carry cash for these types of tips? Thanks!

I can answer the drink tip question! All drinks have a 15% gratuity already added to the tab. The price that you see and sign for will be the "final sale" price. If you want to add a little extra, you can. ;)

I am from Las Vegas where we tip for EVERYTHING. I want to make sure I understand the tipping culture on the cruise, since its my first time. I understand that the tip for most of your assigned staff is calculated at the end and you can add extra if desired. I'm wondering about tipping for services during the trip, for example when you get a drink, or spa services, or crew member helps you with something... is it typical to carry cash for these types of tips? Thanks!

I can help a little also. As PP stated, anything ordered from the bar has a 18% tip added on already but you can add more if you want to. The spa also adds a gratuity on automatically (I think - usually about 18-20%) but check your bill.

The tips to your dining team and stateroom hosts are charged to your on board account. If you want to change the amounts (up or down) you have to go through guest services. The last night of the cruise, you get envelopes with slips to hand to the staff. If you want to add cash to that you can.

Only other places I have ever tipped on the ship is room service - usually need cash and anywhere from $2-$5 depending on size of the order. Palo - most tip above the upcharge amount for the great service. And, prior to getting on board it is best to tip the porters who handle your bags when you unload at the curb. And, one more - if you use a porter when getting off the ship, you will want to tip them cash also. For both it is usually about $2-$5 per bag - whatever you feel comfortable with.

I have never personally tipped anyone outside of these services. Have a great trip!

Hi!

I've cruised DCL before but never participated in anything! I'd love to join the meet and FE if that is possible. Never done FE before -- going to have to buy some fabric. I love fabric shopping.

Let me know if everything is okay! I tried filling in the excel document but not sure if the changes took.

I've also clicked the 'join' button on facebook.

So Excited that I'm rambling (also running around after a 18 month old while writing this post... sorry if it sounds disjointed. She puts me out of joint)

Hi All, This will be our first Disney cruise...really beyond excited at this point.

I had a question though about the kids clubs.. DDs are 6 and 10. I'm hearing mixed reviews from people about whether they will like the clubs. Its not a big deal if they don't (except for our Palo night that is ;-) ) but since we are traveling with other adults (destination wedding in St. Thomas)..I was hoping it would be a way for them to meet/hang out with kids.

Anyone with daughters approx the same age that have experience here... Thanks in advance!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter