February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

Dopamine - Two things crossed off the paperwork tasks list, and one of them also reduced a clutter spot
Oxytocin - Snuggled my cat this morning
Endorphin - Plans to walk on the treadmill later
Serotonin - Have been out in the sun this morning (drove to grocery store) and am also typing near a sunny window

Dopamine - Did laundry and put it away. Picked up prescription since mail is no longer trustworthy.
Serotonin - Sun exposure when I walked outside.
Oxytocin - Time with family.
Endorphin - Walking, dark chocolate in my Aloha protein bar.

Yeah! For a second vaccine & downtime! Which vaccine did you get?

🎉🎊🎉 Power is ON!!! 6 days of this winter storm & crazy! Finally at dinner we had the lights flicker back on. So thankful for the lineman, a good hot shower, and not sleeping in front of a fire place in a 50 degree house!!! I’m ready for normal 😊
We were given the Pfizer vaccine. And today I have absolutely no reaction at all. It is a big relief-I feel like life will return to somewhat normal sooner rather than later. Although I will probably never fly again without a mask! I haven’t had a cold in a year.

Dopamine-finished going through and organizing recipes I’ve torn out of magazines and set aside a couple for this week. Made my grocery list and a meal plan.

Serotonin-enjoyed the sunshine while we pushed the last of the snow off the deck.

Oxytocin-after hugging my grandson (and daughter and son-in-law!) and playing with their puppy yesterday I am still in Oxytocin overload!

Endorphin-Had one of my dark chocolate Kind mini bars.

I am Aurora... kind, curious and in to napping.

I'm late checking in today, so haven't done any of the feel-good tasks on the list. My one big accomplishment today has been to go down to the mall and get new foundation, concealer and powder... that should give a better look on my video calls. And I've just finished a week of binge watching "The Spanish Princess", "The White Princess" and "The White Queen". I've basically done the (highly romanticized and semi-accurate) history of Britain backwards. We all know how it turned out anyway.

Time at the beach was good but not enough. I had planned to take another long weekend the first week of March but need to take more than just a couple days... I just don't want to spend it sitting around the house. I briefly thought of keeping my WDW trip, which I haven't re-booked yet, but I just don't think I can justify and relax in to that trip until I've gotten the vaccine. Need to figure something out tho, to get mentally and emotionally back on track.

I am Aurora... kind, curious and in to napping.

I'm late checking in today, so haven't done any of the feel-good tasks on the list. My one big accomplishment today has been to go down to the mall and get new foundation, concealer and powder... that should give a better look on my video calls. And I've just finished a week of binge watching "The Spanish Princess", "The White Princess" and "The White Queen". I've basically done the (highly romanticized and semi-accurate) history of Britain backwards. We all know how it turned out anyway.

Time at the beach was good but not enough. I had planned to take another long weekend the first week of March but need to take more than just a couple days... I just don't want to spend it sitting around the house. I briefly thought of keeping my WDW trip, which I haven't re-booked yet, but I just don't think I can justify and relax in to that trip until I've gotten the vaccine. Need to figure something out tho, to get mentally and emotionally back on track.

Doing the makeup run is a big deal! I always delay on it. I’m ready for a WDW trip too...just too long away.

We were given the Pfizer vaccine. And today I have absolutely no reaction at all. It is a big relief-I feel like life will return to somewhat normal sooner rather than later. Although I will probably never fly again without a mask! I haven’t had a cold in a year.

Great! I’ll be getting Pfizer rd 2 in a week. Not nearly the reaction reports as Moderna. My mother had slight but definitely issues w her 1 & 2 w Moderna. Glad she has it tho! Still worth it!!! And yes! I may just mask thru fall/winter every year. Our family has really been sooo much healthier wearing them. I’m positive I’m in the minority there but w a family full of respiratory issues - not going to the Dr all the time has been 👌 pretty great!

oxytocin & dopamine in spades with getting house together & time w animals & fam... serotonin & endorphins... there is always tmrw 😁

night all ✨

What’s motivation you this last week of February? If you need a little help, look back at your goal for the month and try to finish strong!
My motivation is to push to make progress. Due to the snow days and going back & forth from in person teaching to virtual teaching from home, I fell back into some of my stress eating habits. The good news is that so far I have maintained my weight loss from January. But I’m pushing this week to hopefully see a decrease, no matter how small. Slow progress is still progress!

My motivation this week... to build on the good eating I did at the beach. I had greens and protein every day with minimal sugar... the only dessert I had was a flan with one evening meal, which being made out of eggs is basically protein, right? I want to simplify my meals into a piece of protein and a green salad. I ordered one of those little grills, not the George Foreman but one like it. I'm hopeful that it will help me to master cooking chicken/salmon/beef, or at least come out with something edible, and that it won't end up as another appliance that I thought would change my life but ends up on a shelf in the basement.

Thank you @blackdogg for the Youtube recommendation for ADHD info... I've watched a couple of them and yep, I am definitely ADHD. While I was at the beach I read Katherine May's first book "The Electricity of Every Living Thing", which is about her journey figuring out Aspergers and evidently the tests you can find online are legit... it is recommended to do three and triangulate them. And the "higher than the average" result I got from the first one is indicative of being on the lower end of the spectrum. I'll take two more this week and compare the results, but the lower end of the spectrum feels right.

It is a lot of self discovery to take in, but explains so much. I have another appointment with the counselor today, so my other motivation for the week is to understand more and start to work on better coping mechanisms, better than numbing everything out with sugar.

I was really curious with Aspergers vs adhd w my son... it’s so interesting how the mind works. There really are a lot of crossover ‘symptoms’. We do a very thorough testing for him next month to ck into dyslexia too but thus far when it comes down to it adhd looks to be the main portion. Myself & two kiddos thus far are ✅ adhd. Executive function literature for our fam in particular has been enlightening. Never would’ve known it was a thing! The self discovery aspect is so 100% true tho. None of these are really deficits but different mindedness that makes how you, me, my kiddos work- just knowing that... finding your community & knowing how to maneuver, to me at least, seems like the biggest piece. You got this!

This weekend was a wash. I woke up Friday morning with a migraine and had that though Saturday and since then a slight headache. I was supposed to do a 5k on Saturday but instead used a time earlier in the month for it. I was barely able to move from the couch.

Good news -- the weather is finally getting warmer (what I suspect is my headache issue) and the snow is starting to melt. We will be in the 30's all week and maybe even it 40 tomorrow. Next weekend we will be in the 40's. Yay!!!! It will be so nice to sit in the car for 2 hours for DD riding lesson.

I am just about done reading the Duke and I. I went to buy the next book in the series and I had to order it and won't get it until about the middle to end of March. So I ordered book 4 and will get that towards the end of May. The 3rd book doesn't have any dates yet so I am just waiting for that one to get more info before I order it. I could get them all as either an E book or a mass produced book but opted for the paperback that is a little bit bigger print then the mass produced paperback. I also do not like reading on the kindle and would rather stick with the paperback book.

I feel like I have my eating under control again. Smaller portions, better choices. Now to take it a step further to lose rather than maintain. That’s my main goal for next month.
Not able to walk today (it snowed-again, and now it’s sleeting) but the week improves after today. Just knowing it’s the last week of February and spring is on it’s way is really motivating and cheering!

I can do the second week :)

My motivation this week... to build on the good eating I did at the beach. I had greens and protein every day with minimal sugar... the only dessert I had was a flan with one evening meal, which being made out of eggs is basically protein, right? I want to simplify my meals into a piece of protein and a green salad. I ordered one of those little grills, not the George Foreman but one like it. I'm hopeful that it will help me to master cooking chicken/salmon/beef, or at least come out with something edible, and that it won't end up as another appliance that I thought would change my life but ends up on a shelf

I think you will love your new grill-marinades make all the difference, taste wise. I know you have to be careful with allergies, but you can adapt them to your preferences.

What’s motivation you this last week of February?

Clinging to routine! :laughing:

I have a lot going on right now - my work schedule is changing a bit, I have a friend going through a really hard time, and my DS ended up taking a leave from school and is home with us for right now.

My exercise routine is my little piece of consistency.

Eating is going to be a bit more of a challenge. DH and DS have different dietary needs/preferences, and I tend to cook/eat a little more "junk" when DS is home. I'm glad to have him, of course! But I will have to watch that I don't piggyback on "young people calories" too much. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter