February 2020 "Travel Disney" Exercise Challenge

Friday was still chilly and very windy, so we were off to Disney Springs for lunch. We are appreciating having a car on this trip - it’s a pleasure not to have to walk out to the busses. We always seem to just miss one! So it’s a quick ride over from OKW. Lunch was at Maria and Enzo’s which is decorated for Carnevale. It looks beautiful! Lunch was delicious, too! As part of the celebration, they bring a few extras to your table- crudités for starters, meatballs with your entree, and a fried dough cookie for dessert. It was lovely! I’ll try to put up some pix. Hopefully I can get them right side up 🥴
We took a good walk all around. DH hasn’t been since it was redone. I did a little shopping, and we headed back for a relaxing afternoon and evening. Our DD is on the plane down as I write, so we’ll be hitting the parks for the next few days.

@sophy1996, thank you for the trip down memory lane! I love Coco, and we had part of our honeymoon in Mexico City. And, we were there for Day of the Dead, too! It was fascinating to see the families having huge picnics in the cemetery and celebrating their loved ones. It wasn’t as well known in the States then and I found it a wonderful sentiment. Another place thats familiar is Teotehuacan. It was amazing to see! I actually climbed the Pyramid of the Moon! Wearing 4 inch heels 😂😂😂😂. Ahhh, the old days! so many memories!
Adding 40 minutes for yesterday. (300/600)

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for turning Onward Orange and to BonnieF as the first team member to turn Planning Purple!

Time for a road trip! Cars (2006) was inspired by the Mother Road, the fabled Route 66. Stretching from Chicago to Santa Monica, this highway crossed eight states in approximately 2,500 miles. Route 66 was decommissioned in 1985, but much of it remains.

Here's Roadtrippers' ultimate guide to Route 66. Scenes and characters from Cars come from all along the highway, but the town considered most like Radiator Springs is supposed to be Seligman, AZ.

@sophy1996, thank you for the trip down memory lane! I love Coco, and we had part of our honeymoon in Mexico City. And, we were there for Day of the Dead, too! It was fascinating to see the families having huge picnics in the cemetery and celebrating their loved ones. It wasn’t as well known in the States then and I found it a wonderful sentiment. Another place thats familiar is Teotehuacan. It was amazing to see! I actually climbed the Pyramid of the Moon! Wearing 4 inch heels 😂😂😂😂. Ahhh, the old days! so many memories!

I love Coco. It's a beautiful movie. And now that article makes me want to visit Mexico.

Glad you both enjoyed the reference to Coco!

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for turning Onward Orange! And Twlight Sparkle is a mere *5 minutes* from turning Planning Purple.

Still out west, today's movie is Ten Who Dared (1960), the story of the 1869 John Wesley Powell expedition to map the Colorado River region. According to Wikipedia, scenes were shot "at the Big Bend of the Colorado River, Professor Valley, Arches, Dead Horse Point, Dewey, Castle Valley, and Westwater Canyon in Utah." And a boat from the film is (or at least was) on display at the Powell Museum in Page, Arizona.

You can emulate the expedition by taking a river raft trip in Grand Canyon National Park--from half-day or full-day trips, to multi-day trips. You'll need to plan in advance, though, because permits for noncommercial trips are available a year in advance (and you'll have to enter a lottery for longer noncommercial trips).

Last edited:
2/5-15
2/6-10
2/7-10
2/8-15
2/9-25
2/10-15
2/11-45

280 total

I'm not sure how much exercise I'll get in the next few days. Between banging my pinkie toe on the wall and going on a weekend cruise, we shall see. My daughter will have to run so I might walk when she is running, figure if she is going to lap me no matter what, I might as well a nice walk in instead of trying to run.

Congratulations to ljcrochet for turning Planning Purple! Hope the toe is better soon and you have a great cruise!

With Valentine's Day coming up, let's feature a love story. The Princess and the Frog (2009) is set in New Orleans and the surrounding bayou. Here and here are some suggested itineraries and activities in New Orleans, based on the movie.

The food sounds great, but I think I would also be interested in the Steamboat Natchez and the Mardi Gras museum.

Last edited:
Congratulations to ljcrochet for turning Planning Purple! Hope the toe is better soon and you have a great cruise!

With Valentine's Day coming up, let's feature a love story. The Princess and the Frog (2009) is set in New Orleans and the surrounding bayou. Here and here are some suggested itineraries and activities in New Orleans, based on the movie.

The food sounds great, but I think I would also be interested in the Steamboat Natchez and the Mardi Gras museum.

I will def. have to check those links out! My husband and I are trying to decide if we wanna take a short vacation this year somewhere somewhat close to us. Since we have moved to north east Texas, NOLA isn't too far away!

Adding 100 minutes from the last 2 days. Happy Valentine's day tomorrow to all!

410/750

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!!

I haven't been keeping up well, but I'm hoping to get back on track this weekend. For now, 50 minutes since my last post:

180/500

The Route 66 road trip would be a lot of fun! Also, I've never seen Cars. Am I missing out?

I love Cars! It's basically "Doc Hollywood" for kids, but I love the music and it was DS's favorite movie for a while when he was little, so I maaaay be able to recite parts of it. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!