February 2019 - Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at the Grand Californian Feb 4-7. This is my first trip to Disneyland, but I’ve been to Disneyworld quite a few times. I’m hoping no more refurbishments get announced - anyone have an idea of how many days out you can consider the refurbishment list complete?

Staying at the Grand Californian Feb 4-7. This is my first trip to Disneyland, but I’ve been to Disneyworld quite a few times. I’m hoping no more refurbishments get announced - anyone have an idea of how many days out you can consider the refurbishment list complete?

I would say that by now any scheduled refurbishments would be indicated on the calendar for your dates but...plans can change and you never know until you get there, there is never any guarantee as a ride could have issues and it could take several days to get it back up and running.

I'll taking my youngest for her birthday. Feb 6-10, Tropicana. We've never stayed there before, but we wanted to be super close this time.

The Tropicana is our back up when we aren't at the DLH or using our points at the Grand. We like the Trop and feel it's a great value with newly refurbished rooms and a near perfect location. You do pay to park, but it's reasonable (in my opinion).
We drive over tomorrow and will be there tomorrow night. It's a work related trip so I didn't want to try to charge work for a Disney hotel. They are ok with the $150/night at the Trop, not so much for the $250-300+ at the PPH or DLH. My wife and I go back on the 31st for the DVC night at DL and will be at the Trop again. We get to "go home" in February for our son's 11th birthday at the Grand.

Safe travels!

Mike

The Tropicana is our back up when we aren't at the DLH or using our points at the Grand. We like the Trop and feel it's a great value with newly refurbished rooms and a near perfect location. You do pay to park, but it's reasonable (in my opinion).
Mike

I'm glad to hear good things about the Tropicana. We have stayed at the Grand before, but we usually stay at the Fairfield or Residence Inn. It will be nice to be so close to the crosswalk. We are flying this time, so I won't have to worry about parking.

Have fun on your upcoming trips!

Have people started packing yet?

I'm going late in the month, but I may already have my suitcase half packed... :rolleyes1 To be fair, it's packed with my travel things only (travel toiletries, lanyard, park bag, and those sorts of things), so it's not like I'm packing things I will need before then. But I gotta believe I'm not the only one getting things together weeks in advance!

33 days to go....

I'm going late in the month, but I may already have my suitcase half packed... :rolleyes1 To be fair, it's packed with my travel things only (travel toiletries, lanyard, park bag, and those sorts of things), so it's not like I'm packing things I will need before then. But I gotta believe I'm not the only one getting things together weeks in advance!

33 days to go....

Never feel bad about being prepared!

I got the great news that I'll be off on President's Day this year (never have before), which is the Monday of the week that we leave on Friday for our Santa Monica and Disneyland trip, so I'll be squaring away my suitcase that day!

We are going the end of February. Any tips on how to dress? I am generally a pretty warm person so I don't want to be too hot. Should I bring a hoodie and a rain coat? Planning on most likely pants but should I bring shorts as well? Will we need sunscreen?

We are going the end of February. Any tips on how to dress? I am generally a pretty warm person so I don't want to be too hot. Should I bring a hoodie and a rain coat? Planning on most likely pants but should I bring shorts as well? Will we need sunscreen?

We have gone end of Feb/early March several times and honestly the weather can be all over the place that time of year - we have had hot pool weather and damp cool rainy days - all within the same week - so you do have to pack more unfortunately to account for the unexpected. We always pack shorts/t-shirts along with pants and hoodies and rain jackets/umbrella - and of course make sure you have more than one pair of shoes in case it rains and you have damp footwear the following day.

We are coming from Alberta though where the outside temperature is currently around zero Fahrenheit - so we are not too hard to please weather wise in California!

33 days to go....

We fly out on the 11th - and have the weekend to pack ahead of that. However, I do like to make a list of things we have to get ahead of our trip (new sneakers, jacket etc.) so that part is the stage we are at now.

I can officially be added to the list!! 2/17-2/24 HOJO Fireworks view. :wave:

ETA: I’ll be releasing 2/19-2/24 at the Grand Legacy shortly if anyone needs.

We have gone end of Feb/early March several times and honestly the weather can be all over the place that time of year - we have had hot pool weather and damp cool rainy days - all within the same week - so you do have to pack more unfortunately to account for the unexpected. We always pack shorts/t-shirts along with pants and hoodies and rain jackets/umbrella - and of course make sure you have more than one pair of shoes in case it rains and you have damp footwear the following day.

We are coming from Alberta though where the outside temperature is currently around zero Fahrenheit - so we are not too hard to please weather wise in California!

I'm in Alberta, too! We went to Disneyworld years ago and it was funny because DH and I were the only ones in the pool and there were hardly any lines for the water rides.

Our weather is definitely all over the place. Think about layers so you can take some off when the sun starts beaming through. If you do decide not to be bothered to fly with certain items due to size/travel constraints there is lots of stores within walking distance.

We leave Wednesday, and just checking the forecast, it looks like we're in for a lot of rain! Definitely going to the dollar store to stock up on ponchos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter