FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

**** I just wanted to add though, if you buy them in advance, like we did, you can pick them up at check-in at your resort. It was really easy. I assume if you are not staying on property you can pick them up at the gate.

As for AP discounts......... I don't know, I'm sure that will also be posted when the dates are released.

Our plan is to have dinner at Liberty Tree at 5:30, so that we can get in line for Jack asap!!!! Last year they let you start lining up at 6:00 I think. The line was HOURS long to see him, as it is the ONLY time Jack does a meet & greet.

Hi Wendypooh, I will be at AKL at the same time as you!

With reagard to the Jack meet&greet. they are at the moment testing out a regular meet&greet at the Adventureland Veranda, a former counter service restaurant in Adventureland. I am sure, meeting Captain Jack during the party will be much more special and no one knows whether the regular meet & greet will be around for ever, so I think your plan still makes a lot of sense. Just wanted to let you know that there might be a different option!

Generally I am assuming the Annual pass rate is better than the florida discount and AAA discount.
Is this correct?
Also, how easy is it to upgrade? Do we call ahead of time or the day we check in? Can we upgrade to a different hotel or do we need the same hotel? Also, is it first come first serve on the annual pass?

How much is the annual pass and how many rooms can you rent per florida resent or annal passholder?

Thanks, sorry so many questions. New to the board
Laura

Hey!!!! Maybe we'll see each other at the lodge or the party, if there is one!!!! Have you been to AKL before.......... OMG we just LOVE it!!!! I've seen you on the Jambo thread, but don't remember if you've been before!!!

As for Jack....... I did not know they were trying out a regular meet & greet, so thanks for that info!!!! My info was from last year when the only time he did a meet&greet was during the party!!! My DS just loved getting to meet him and get pics. We missed a lot of characters last year because we waited so long in that line!!!!!! I'm glad they are trying the meet & greet at other times!!!! It should help out a lot. We wondered why they don't do it after the tutorial!! Anyway, Thanks for posting that!!

Hi Wendypooh, I will be at AKL at the same time as you!

With reagard to the Jack meet&greet. they are at the moment testing out a regular meet&greet at the Adventureland Veranda, a former counter service restaurant in Adventureland. I am sure, meeting Captain Jack during the party will be much more special and no one knows whether the regular meet & greet will be around for ever, so I think your plan still makes a lot of sense. Just wanted to let you know that there might be a different option!

Thanks, sorry so many questions. New to the board
Laura

First of all ~ Welcome to the Dis!!!! You'll find a ton of information here!!! Secondly, You should probably post this under the resort forum, you'll probably get a lot more accurate answers than mine!! LOL I will try to answer some of your questions, but do go post there as there will be a lot more knowledge!!! I'm sure some of the people on this thread will help out as well.

Generally I am assuming the Annual pass rate is better than the florida discount and AAA discount.
Is this correct?
No, not always!!! Nor does the AP offer some of the deals the others offer. Now, the offers are NOT always going on either. You just have to keep watching and checking for discounts or codes.

Also, how easy is it to upgrade? Do we call ahead of time or the day we check in? Can we upgrade to a different hotel or do we need the same hotel? That depends on a lot of factors. Personally, I would NEVER book assuming I'm going to get upgraded. I'd factor in the cost of whatever upgrade you want, and be willing to pay it!! I would probably ask when I check in if there were any COMPLIMENTARY upgrades, then be prepared for a NO, and be willing to pay for what they may offer. Upgrades do not come as easily as they seem to appear to on the boards!!

As for upgrading to another resort - I've never heard of them upgrading to another resort UNLESS, there is some kind of situation where your room or room type was full or unavailable. ( Like at AKL - while the new construction was going on people were moved.)
I'd say If you want to move to another resort to just book at that resort in the first place. There is NEVER a guarantee the resort you want to move to will have the space, or rooms alloted for the discount used.

Also, is it first come first serve on the annual pass? I'm not sure what you mean? As far as discounts? No, anyone with an AP can use it.

How much is the annual pass and how many rooms can you rent per florida resent or annal passholder? I don't know the cost of an AP right now. Personally, if that is the route you decide to go on tickets, I'd wait to purchase them until you get there. You can still book without having it in hand. I believe I read that you can only book one room - not sure though. I think it just recently changed from where you could book up to three. Someone will clarify that though.

Again, Welcome!!! People will always be glad to answer any questions you have. I hope I've helped, but again, I may not be totally accurate - so, do ask on the general resort board or on the A&S board = http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

At Disney Land, when we went, on any regular day, we saw Jack, he was in New Orleans Square by the Haunted Mansion and Pirates. I did not know in WDW that he did not come out regularly-that' s ashame-good that they are trying to change that!!
We saw him by accident!!!

Lori

Hey guys--someone was talking about the cheer championships earlier, and I found this on mousesavers. I think I read somewhere else that they stay at Allstars and CBR (is that right??)

Cheerleeding/Twirl/Dance Competitions - Various dates each year, usually January-March. These usually don't have a lot of impact on the in-park crowds. The issue is that the Value resorts (All-Stars and Pop Century) play host to hordes of girls who can be extremely loud -- so you may want to avoid those resorts during competitions. Some of the competitions include College Cheerleading & Dance Team National Championships (January 18-20, 2008), National Dance Team Championship (February 1-3, 2008), National High School Cheerleading Championship (February 8-10, 2008), Twirlmania (February 15-18, 2008), Cheer & Dance National Championships (February 23-24 and February 29-March 2, 2008) and National All Star Cheerleading Championship (March 7-9, 2008). Some of these events take place at Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular in Disney-MGM Studios, so that attraction might be closed on some of the dates listed above.

Looking for rate codes for Feb 2008 also. We will be staying 2 nights Feb 21-23 and March 1. We are going on the 7-night cruise.

Wow that group being there doing Prez weekend (Feb. 15-19) will have an impact. That is the same timeframe as the home builders conference in Orlando with lots of them staying on property (100,000 attendance). Plus throw in Prez weekend/Federal holiday and that sounds like a place I would avoid. I'm glad I picked my dates to not have much overlap. Jan. 26-Feb.1. But we go late January and early February every year and these dance groups are really no problem. I guess they are older, mature and have good chaperons. They are nothing like the group that comes in early December. We have experienced that group and prefer to avoid it in the future.

Just wanted to check-in while waiting for the possible codes to be released hopefully some time soon. Our group is playing the "extend your vacation" game and since alot of posters here are from Louisiana, I wanted to get any opinions you may have on this subject.

We were originally going to leave on Saturday, February 2nd and drive half-way and then drive the rest on Sunday.

Then...we decided that we could leave on Friday after work and drive part of the way....then, drive the rest on Saturday....thus giving us a full day for the parks on Sunday.

Then....the group decided that since we are all getting Mardi Gras day off as a holiday anyway....we can take an extra vacation day on Friday and drive most of the way on Friday and gain a half-day on Saturday in the parks. We were going to drive to Lake City, FL on Friday, and then drive the last 3 hrs on Saturday and hit the parks in the afternoon.

Then...I came up with this idea....instead of driving 8 or 9 hours to Lake City on Friday and then 3 hours to Disney on Saturday....let's drive 4 hrs to Pensacola on the THURSDAY night after work and then drive all the way into Disney on the Friday....thus, giving us a full day on Saturday.

So...we went from arriving on Sunday around Lunch to arriving on Saturday evening....to arriving on Saturday at Lunch....to now arriving on Friday Evening.....lol

Anyway....I just wanted to get any first-hand opinions or knowledge on hotels in Pensacola. Since it is only a 1 night stay on a Thursday night, I was hoping to find something in the $60'ish range. I did some research and found a brand new hotel rated #1 on Trip Advisor for $80 per night (plus tax). It's the Best Western Blue Angel Inn located at Exit 7 and it just opened in 2007. I originally had planned to try to Priceline a 2.5 star room for around $50...plus taxes and fees would probably put me in the upper $50's.

Any ideas or recommendations? We will be a group of 17 and will need 4 rooms (1 infant in a pack-n-play).

Thanks in advance for any insight. Our codes should be out sometime within the next month as they have been released on November 1st for the past 2 years.

We are getting closer and closer to double-digits people!

Speed :teleport:

So...we went from arriving on Sunday around Lunch to arriving on Saturday evening....to arriving on Saturday at Lunch....to now arriving on Friday Evening.....lol

This sounds sooo much like me. I started out with a Thursday - Sunday (4 full days with the red eye) and am now up to 9 full days but thinking about switching to the red eye on the 30th giving me 10 full days and that's got me thinking since I am going to have to miss work on the 30th anyways might as well take the 29th red eye giving us 11 full days in the parks. :rolleyes1

Thanks in advance for any insight. Our codes should be out sometime within the next month as they have been released on November 1st for the past 2 years.

We are getting closer and closer to double-digits people!

Speed :teleport:

Yay:banana: almost there!! :yay:

I read that the s do not go to POP-maybe that info was wrong!!??? I'd like to know. I read that large groups are not allowed at POP. Any comments on what you all know WELCOMED!!!-Lori

They are nothing like the group that comes in early December. We have experienced that group and prefer to avoid it in the future.

I am soooo with you on that one. We thought the first week in Dec would be perfect. It was CRAZY. Next time we go for the lights, it will be the second week. dh said that if it had been our first time there, we never would have gone back!!! Lucky for me it was not and he knew how it can be in lower seasons. We both hate crowds. Praise the Lord for hsing and our flexible schedule. We get to go when everyone else can't!!!

As for extending your trip. GO FOR IT!!! Sounds great to me. My dd16 (who goes to ps) is flying in to meet us so I can take my time getting there. Instead of arriving on Sat, we will arrive on Fri. If I had to wait for him to get out of school, we could not do that. I also get to leave on Sunday after putting him on a plane and take my time driving back. Although, I have to say that I am considering staying a day or 2 longer just to relax. My niece (who is hs'ed) will be riding with me, so I will have to see what she thinks. Oh, my nephew will also be flying with my son.

Hmmm, maybe hang out on the beach at the Poly after putting them on the plane. Or shopping? At least that way I can relax and have an extra day to pack up after all day Saturday in the parks.

Well, I think you guys talked me into an extra day. See what you did!!! ;) :rolleyes1 :cool2:

Speedyf - I am the queen of extending trips...... LOL I'd say go for it!!! We are in BR and we always drive to Daytona and spend the night at my aunts - then only have about an hour drive to Disney the next day. I don't know of any places to stay in Pensacola right off the interstate - sorry. We are leaving friday the 1st, check in on the 2nd then we come home on the
10th. But, yeah, enjoy it and go ahead and add that extra day!!! :rolleyes1

Lori - From what my understanding is with the groups, yes, they do stay at Pop - they are at all the values from what I've heard. I've only stayed at ASMov. and Music while encountering them. The first time at ASMov. was when DS was 3 and it was his first trip to WDW. The second time, we stayed a night at ASMusic because we arrived a day early and AKL didn't have a room avail. plus ASMu. was cheaper!!! But, the food court was PACKED!!!! Anyway, I've always heard and read that they do stay at all of the values and some of the mods.

Sabrina........... well yeah!!!! 11 days sounds pretty perfect to me!!!!! LOL

Sandra ~~ There is NOTHING better than hanging out at the Poly beach, make sure you get a Lapu Lapu to sip on while your swinging away in your hammock!!!! AHHHHHH

Lori ~ I'm finally adding our Iten. -- let's see how it compares!!

Sat. Feb. 2nd – MK - Dinner - Liberty Tree / P&P Party pirate: princess:

Sun. Feb. 3rd – MGM - Dinner - Chef Mickey's - MK EMH

Mon. Feb. 4th - AK - Dinner – Cape May (May change to Yak & Yeti)

Tue. Feb. 5th - Epcot **Behind the Seeds Tour**Dinner – Coral Reef

Wed. Feb. 6th - Daddy Golf / Hang out at AKL - then where ever we end up! Dinner - Boma

Thu. Feb. 7th - MK - **Family Magic Tour** Dinner – O’hana

Fri. Feb. 8th - Epcot – Princess Storybook Breakfast Akershus - Dinner - Tutto Italia

Sat. Feb. 9th - MGM morning and MK afternoon - Dinner Daytona w/aunt.

Sun. Feb. 10th - Home :(

I'll have to go find yours to see what your plan is and how they compare.

Wed. Feb. 6th - Daddy Golf / Hang out at AKL - then where ever we end up! Dinner - Boma

Fri. Feb. 8th - Epcot – Princess Storybook Breakfast Akershus - Dinner - Tutto Italia

This is it!!(in red) that is all the days we have in common!!!
2/1-arrive and go to Spirit of Aloha dinner show-8pm
2/2-MK, P&PP(hopefully!!)
2/3-AK, Rainforest Cafe(home early for Superbowl, but if Saints are not in it(haha at this point), me and the DD's will head to MK for EMH
2/4-DMGM, Sci Fi at 3:40pm(dinner/lunch??)
2/5-sleep in, hotel hop,etc
2/6-MK in am, CRT at noon, EPCOT future world in afternoon, illuminations 9pm
2/7-EPCOT (world showcase) in am, MK -pm, Spectro at 7pm
2/8-off day, family heading home,DD, GKTW, whatever!!
2/9-if we purchase another day, we'll head whereever we want parkwise!!
2/10-head home.

I read on TGM site that POP doesn't allow big groups. I am hoping he is right, but I am going to check on that NOW!!!

Lori

Hey Lori

You have the 7th at Epcot and we are at MK!!! LOL So, pretty much none of our days match up. But, IF there is a party then we'll be good!!! :thumbsup2

Yeah, we're pretty much convinced the Saints won't :confused3 be in the Superbowl............ so, we'll be at MK for EMH!!!! :woohoo:

I replied to your PM about the other, but let us know what you find out!!! ;)

Lori -

Based on these and other post is why I said I thought they were at Pop. Again, I've never stayed at Pop so I cannot say it's definate. I'd call Pop to find out. Let us know!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345467&referrerid=&highlight=pop+cheerleaders

The 5th post down in this thread starts talking about them at Pop.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=697032&referrerid=&highlight=pop+cheerleaders

This is farther down in that post -

WDWorBUST - Never again during Pop Warner week. We were at All Star Sports in 2002 that week and it didn't even compare to Pop Century last week. Screaming at all hours of the night. If I had wanted to use the pool with my 13 month old it wouldn't have happened they had taken over everything.

Lori - I know I've read it here a lot that the groups DO stay at Pop. I think Disney has changed the policy and TGM may not have updated yet. Just call Pop and find out for sure.

Wendypooh

We will be in the same parks Sat. Feb 2 and Sund. Feb 3. and Lori and I will be in the same on 2/2 P & P Party, 2/6 MK morning and 2/7 Epcot.:teeth:

We're getting closer and closer to those codes... :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter