February 1st, 2013 ~ 8 MAGICal days we can't wait for!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, gotcha! :)

I've heard mostly good things about DU, and $100 is nothing to sneeze at... I just can't book with a TA. I'm a self-admitted "control enthusiast" :thumbsup2 when it comes to my vacation planning, and it makes me NUTS to have to sit and wait and wait for some TA to make a change I could make myself in minutes -- especially when it's a time-sensitive change. But that's just me! :)

LOL, I know exactly what you mean! I'd rather be able to just do it myself...but Dh likes that we'll get 125$ "back" for use on the ship. That'll buy me a few DotD!!

So exciting! At first Dh was saying "We don't need to do Any excursions" because he doesn't want to leave the baby in the nursery. But then yesterday he changed his tune to "Well...maybe if they have some bus tours". Lol. Good deal! I won't mind spending the day at one of the ports on the beach and then doing a bus tour or two and we can just walk around Key West!

We invited my mom and baby sister to come, but my sister will be in school so mom doesn't think they can. And we invited a couple friends but doubt they'll come either. I'm 100% ok with that...Dh and I have NEVER been on a real vacation without other people and we've been together for 9 years!

We're booked!! So excited!!! I had a bit of anxiety before doing so...even though I know we can afford it...and even though I know we got a good deal...still!! LOL But now I'm just excited! I get to plan a New England trip in October since one of my cousins is getting married and I get to plan this trip!!! SO SO EXCITED!!!

We're booked!! So excited!!! I had a bit of anxiety before doing so...even though I know we can afford it...and even though I know we got a good deal...still!! LOL But now I'm just excited! I get to plan a New England trip in October since one of my cousins is getting married and I get to plan this trip!!! SO SO EXCITED!!!

Yay!! Welcome officially to the party!! :banana:

Just thought I would share a few ideas.

I've decided we are going to participate in the FE. I would be more than happy to be the contact person/organizer. On my last cruise the FE organizer made a Google document with the name, email, stateroom and any special occasions for everyone participating. She also mad a map using the floor plan on DCL's website with all the participating rooms highlighted. I can start the document now and make the maps when we finalize everything. Depending on how many people we get we can split in to groups.

We ca put a roll call in one of the first posts. Just basic info, first names, age, how many cruises we have been on.

We can make a facebook group. I though it would be fun to share all of our photos from past cruises and then photos once we get back.

Does anyone have any ideas for a group name?

If anyone has a fun idea of a group activity on board please share. I'm sure we will all meet up on the first day but maybe we could meet up at some of the programs? :confused3

We could also organize a meet right before the cruise for the people that are in town. Just something small like a Starbucks or something the night before.

Is this anyone's first cruise? This is only my second and we've not been to these ports. Please post any questions about the ports, The Magic or general cruise questions and we can help each other out. :goodvibes

We are excited about Galveston too. This last trip we spent two days before the trip in Long Beach and had sooo much fun just playing on the beach. I'd like to find someplace very close to the beach to stay the day before, if possible.
Anyway, that's us! OH!! We did FE's this trip and LOVED it, I'm game again!!
HI, I am on the 8 day before yours, but was looking. My Brother and SIL live in Galveston. We have stayed at these condos many times http://www.galveston.com/seascape/ . Now, they are on the coast away from the port. But they are on the coast. There is a seawall in Gal, so check carefully in to that. There are also http://www.moodygardens.org/ . Galveston is a small island. You might also look at a house rental.

This is our first cruise! I want to do the FE exchange :yay: We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and my mom and sister are also coming. I am sure I will have LOTS of questions.

Monica, Bill, Jarod 11, Mason 8, Jax 3

This is our first cruise! I want to do the FE exchange :yay: We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and my mom and sister are also coming. I am sure I will have LOTS of questions.

Monica, Bill, Jarod 11, Mason 8, Jax 3

HI!
Welcome Aboard! We just had our first cruise in February and rebooked onboard for this one. You guys are going to have so much fun! Is your son Jarod going to be 11 at the time of the cruise? My son Elijah just turned 12.

We just upgraded our room! My DH just asked about what room we had and how much it would be to switch to a 7A like we had last time. We took a look at it and he said he would use his tax return to pay the difference. :banana: The best part is I was able to get one of the "secret" obstructed view rooms!

We just upgraded our room! My DH just asked about what room we had and how much it would be to switch to a 7A like we had last time. We took a look at it and he said he would use his tax return to pay the difference. :banana: The best part is I was able to get one of the "secret" obstructed view rooms!

:thumbsup2 gotta love husbands who support our addiction!

Ooohhhhh......your lucky!! An upgrade:cool1: I am thinking of maybe upgrading once getting to port (like, 11 months from now:upsidedow)

First off, I would LOVE to meet up before the cruise!! If you were thinking the night before, that would pretty much work for me:lmao: Im coming in the day before the cruise to check out Texas. I have never been and would love to see the place. And to meet sometime maybe the day/night before would be great:thumbsup2

Second, I would love to participate in the FE!! I don't know a TON about it but Im thinking I have some time to figure it out and get myself organized:) But you can put me on that list.

AND, I would love to have a facebook page. I have no Disney cruise pics to add but would love to look at others to get myself all excited for the cruise, although, I don't know if I can get more excited.....I just wish time would hurry it up:rotfl2:

Jenn

:thumbsup2 gotta love husbands who support our addiction!
He would never admit it but he loves Disney as much as I do. I'm still surprised he brought it up because he can be such a cheapskate! I still cant believe I got a secret verandah! I double checked about 5 times to make sure it was real!

Ooohhhhh......your lucky!! An upgrade:cool1: I am thinking of maybe upgrading once getting to port (like, 11 months from now:upsidedow)

First off, I would LOVE to meet up before the cruise!! If you were thinking the night before, that would pretty much work for me:lmao: Im coming in the day before the cruise to check out Texas. I have never been and would love to see the place. And to meet sometime maybe the day/night before would be great:thumbsup2

Second, I would love to participate in the FE!! I don't know a TON about it but Im thinking I have some time to figure it out and get myself organized:) But you can put me on that list.

AND, I would love to have a facebook page. I have no Disney cruise pics to add but would love to look at others to get myself all excited for the cruise, although, I don't know if I can get more excited.....I just wish time would hurry it up:rotfl2:

Jenn

We'll plan a meet for the day before. I probably wont bring DH. His brother lives in Houston so I can drop him off to play then meet up! He would just be all awkward and quiet anyhow! :laughing:

I just made a group on FB. Here is the link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/257656994318679/

For the FE I made a spreadsheet on Google. For anyone who wants to join PM me your email address and I will email you the spreadsheet.
We will make the deadline for joining about a month out from the cruise to give everyone time to buy/make their FE gifts. I hate to admit it but I am already working on mine! :cutie:

I thought I was going well when I got DH to rebook onboard, then he surprised me by having me book a cruise for just us in October. I think he's hooked:cool1:

Hi again everyone! Back from the gorgeous Mariner of the Seas, tanned, rested, and relaxed. Had SUCH a good time, and so did my son. I highly recommend the Voyager class as a whole if you're considering RCI.

But now it's all about planning our cruise on our beloved Magic!!! :banana: I'm so glad that even at 16, my son is still just as excited as I am about this cruise. :goodvibes

Too funny, Amanda -- I did too!! I couldn't stand it... It was making me nuts knowing that the "secret verandah" room we had last time was somehow still available, and was only $300 more than the inside (secret porthole) room I had booked. Decided I'd sell plasma or something if I had to to make up the difference, and upgraded right before we left. I'm so glad I did, because the cruise this past week reminded me how incredibly much time I spend on my balcony. A LOT. It'll be worth every extra penny to me. We're in 7120 again -- which one are you in??

Oh, and please send me whatever you've got for the FE exchange! I guess I need to start perusing the "homemade FE gifts" thread... ::yes::

I am more than happy to start a running roll call list in the first post. How about.. Names, ages, stateroom (or just category/deck), dining seating, special occasions. As much or as little info as you feel comfortable with.

The only activity thing I can think of off the top of my head is to pre-form a big, awesome team together for Magic Quest. :woohoo: They DO still play that, don't they??

Too funny, Amanda -- I did too!! I couldn't stand it... It was making me nuts knowing that the "secret verandah" room we had last time was somehow still available, and was only $300 more than the inside (secret porthole) room I had booked. Decided I'd sell plasma or something if I had to to make up the difference, and upgraded right before we left. I'm so glad I did, because the cruise this past week reminded me how incredibly much time I spend on my balcony. A LOT. It'll be worth every extra penny to me. We're in 7120 again -- which one are you in??

Oh, and please send me whatever you've got for the FE exchange! I guess I need to start perusing the "homemade FE gifts" thread... ::yes::

I am more than happy to start a running roll call list in the first post. How about.. Names, ages, stateroom (or just category/deck), special occasions. As much or as little info as you feel comfortable with.

The only activity thing I can think of off the top of my head is to pre-form a big, awesome team together for Magic Quest. :woohoo: They DO still play that, don't they??

Whoo hoo! :banana: Chris brought it up and we were going to "wait and see" if we were going to spring for a verandah but then I remembered the "secret" verandahs. I can NOT believe they were still available, no WAY I was giving that up! Three were open when I changed (you have the 4th!). We are in 6134.
We were just down the hall in room 6138, a true Navigator's verandah, last time. I didn't spend a ton of time out there but I think the open verandah will be better. More of a breeze. The Navigator verandah was just to stuffy for me to spend more than a few minutes but I loved being up on deck. I was happy with our 11C just to be on the ship but I am over the moon right now!
BTW they do have Cat 7As on the Dream/Fantasy. :cool1:

Ok, I just checked and the other two secret verandahs are still open!!

Here is the link to the Google doc for the FE. Everyone please use a different background color. And if you have more than one stateroom in your group please use a different color for each. On my cruise last month I almost missed someone because they used the same color for both of their rooms.

Ok, what is Magic Quest? I have heard of this but not sure what it is??? Can grown-ups play?

Ok, what is Magic Quest? I have heard of this but not sure what it is??? Can grown-ups play?

Only grownups can play! :thumbsup2 It's an adult sort of scavenger hunt. They divide the audience into groups, teams, and somebody is made team captain for each. Then they have a series of quests each team has to do, from there in the venue. It might be as simple as producing a business card or false teeth or something like that, but it really gets funny when they call for something like a woman wearing men's pants or a man wearing at least 5 articles of women's clothing and accessories. :laughing:

Since the team that stampedes up to the emcee with the correct stuff first gets the most points, there'll be bras, shoes, you-name-it flying through the air as people try and get stuff to their team captain fast. It's really fun and funny, and I always look forward to it. They do the same thing on RCI, and this last time was just hilarious. It's a not-miss! popcorn::

How do you find out which rooms have the secret "stuff"? We booked an inside stateroom but I'd really Really like to at least have a porthole if it's not too much more!!! I'm sure the secret verandah is more than my Dh is wanting to spend but if there's a window available that's a possibility!

We did the FE on the other Disney cruise we did and really enjoyed it! I would def be interested if it was a small group...or a large broken up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter