February 12th-Wonder

Hey guys!!!
This is my first cruise...was org. planning on going in March during my daughters spring break in March but found out that DCL was offering military disounts for this month....so I was sold. I don't know who's more excited...me or my daughter. My only stress right now is packing...I go overboard big time with the packing...I guess due to too much moving around in the military and fear of forgetting something...lol. So are there any tips or suggestions???

Cynthrea said:
Hey guys!!!
This is my first cruise...was org. planning on going in March during my daughters spring break in March but found out that DCL was offering military disounts for this month....so I was sold. I don't know who's more excited...me or my daughter. My only stress right now is packing...I go overboard big time with the packing...I guess due to too much moving around in the military and fear of forgetting something...lol. So are there any tips or suggestions???
You're just going to LOVE it!! How old is your DD?

My suggestion with packing is to pack as light as possible. Check weather.com for the Bahamas later this week for the weather. If the weather turns out nice, then you can get by with shorts/tshirts during the day, or capris and a shirt. In the evenings, a nice dress or dress slacks and a blouse is just perfect. Don't forget to bring a sweater or jacket for the evening, because it can get very chilly at night.

Pack a day bag to keep with you until your stateroom is ready. If it's nice, you can keep your swimsuit with you and catch a swim in the pool before we leave port.

Any other questions, let us know. Several of us have cruised before.

Thanks for the tips...please keep them coming!! I want to be able to make the best out of our cruise. She's 5 by the way.

Cynthrea said:
Thanks for the tips...please keep them coming!! I want to be able to make the best out of our cruise. She's 5 by the way.
My oldest is 4 1/2, so maybe they can get together! I'm sure that your DD will LOVE the club. I had to drag my DD out of there in Sept!!!

Thanks Verandah Man for the update ... that certainly helps with the packing!!! Speaking of which, I hope everyone is having a non-stressful time of getting it all together.

Enjoy the days ahead :wave2:
Maureen

Hey everyone!! Are you getting excited?!?!? I'm starting to get some packing done now. Only a few more days left to go!!!!

Well I do hope that Pirates Night still happens. I just went out and bought some toy swords and eye patches. RRRRrrrrrrr Matey!

What I think they will do, but just a guess, is have Pirates Night after Nassau on the 13th then Formal Night on Valentines after CC.

We leave for WDW on Thursday..... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Superslew said:
Well I do hope that Pirates Night still happens. I just went out and bought some toy swords and eye patches. RRRRrrrrrrr Matey!

What I think they will do, but just a guess, is have Pirates Night after Nassau on the 13th then Formal Night on Valentines after CC.

We leave for WDW on Thursday..... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
That was my thought too, that they would switch around Formal with Pirate night. We have red/pink clothes for Valentine's Day, and we all have pirate attire for Pirate night! I'm looking forward to it all!!!

Have fun at WDW!! We're just driving over early Sunday morning, but I think that we'll be staying at WDW for a day or so after the cruise.

INdisneyfamily said:
Has anyone else been watching the weather forecasts on the "My Disney Cruise" part of the DCL website? I sure hope they are wrong!!!
I'm sure that it's not wrong!! It's getting cold here in central FL. I know that on Sunday, it will only be a high in the 50s in Port Canaveral. And, there is a 30% chance of rain that day. So, I would guess that it will be in the upper 40s by the time that we sail away.

I guess it is better than the snow we have here but I sure wanted to come home with a nice tan. Hopefully it will warm up by the time we make it to Castaway Cay!

I went to weather.com and put in Nassau, Bahamas and did the 10 day forcast. Monday shows a high of 70, and Tuesday shows a high of 73. Because Castaway is a little north of Nassau, I would imagine that the weather will be a few degrees cooler at CC.

That sounds much better. I can definitely deal with the 70's! It is currently 29 degrees here and snow in the forecast for the next two days. Just hope our flight makes it out of here today before we get snowed in! Can't believe I will be in Florida in a few hours! Hope everyone has a great cruise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter