Fears, tears, fun, and laughter: We survived spring break TR updated 1/29

Oh I was going to guess Beaches and Cream! :rotfl2: No really! :laughing:

What a smart photographer to get you two on your own for some PP pics. Everything looks delicious at B&C, even the kids sundae's look huge. :thumbsup2

I just saw this link in your signature Jessica. It might take me a little while to get caught up, but I'm signing on! :)

The flash flood watch sounds horrible - I hope you don't have to evacuate.

Beach club looks awesome - I would love to stay there one day but like you the price may put me off!

I can't believe I didn't think of Beaches and Cream! :sad2: I just went with Ghiradelli's because I had been reading about it in other TRs for most of yesterday.

I'm so glad that this was one of your trip highlights as we will be visiting and I am planning on getting the No Way Jose sundae - may think of sharing it if it is too filling! popcorn::

Love that the boys enjoyed the visit and you had a great waiter! :thumbsup2

Oh I was going to guess Beaches and Cream! :rotfl2: No really! :laughing:

What a smart photographer to get you two on your own for some PP pics. Everything looks delicious at B&C, even the kids sundae's look huge. :thumbsup2

I know you were, sorry I didn't leave a longer break between posts, it's just no fun being stuck at home with nothing to do :lmao:

Yes I thought that PP was smart too, I would've never thought to take pictures just the two of us

Jack did finish his sundae, he was the only one to finish, I should've took after pictures

I just saw this link in your signature Jessica. It might take me a little while to get caught up, but I'm signing on! :)

Hooray your here :welcome:

The flash flood watch sounds horrible - I hope you don't have to evacuate.

Beach club looks awesome - I would love to stay there one day but like you the price may put me off!

I can't believe I didn't think of Beaches and Cream! :sad2: I just went with Ghiradelli's because I had been reading about it in other TRs for most of yesterday.

I'm so glad that this was one of your trip highlights as we will be visiting and I am planning on getting the No Way Jose sundae - may think of sharing it if it is too filling! popcorn::

Love that the boys enjoyed the visit and you had a great waiter! :thumbsup2

thanks I'm hoping we don't need to evacuate either

I was thinking of you as I posted the Beaches and Cream post, especially since I had read you plan to try the no way jose sundae, it was SOOOOOOO GOOD, just way too much for me, I only ate half of it

a night away from the parks was just what they needed and who wouldn't be in a good mood after being allowed to eat so much ice-cream:)

Hmmm... I too would have guessed Ghiradelli, but B&C is just as good! :cloud9: So glad that the kids enjoyed their time there- nice to have just your little family getting some fun stuff together. Yeah, the portions are HUGE there- we saw many gigantic things coming out.

Beaches & Cream looks like so much fun!! Hopefully we'll be able to stop in for a treat in November.

Joining in! Luvin your trip report. The Winnie the pooh pics are so cute even if he didn't want to be near the character lol

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your 2012 solo trip! pixiedust:

me too :goodvibes

That ended our AK time:
Favorite: Mickey ice-cream
Lease Favorite: waiting in dinoland
Overall: a decent day, wish I could’ve taken the boys to see Nemo or FOTLK (that’s why we go back though, right)

yes that is right :cool1:

So instead of visiting a park we decide to head out for dessert…. So where do you think we went? (and this was a highlight of our trip)

so glad you enjoyed your evening out and B &C...I know most of the family would enjoy that place too :thumbsup2 but poor NR unless they have fancy soy ice cream sundaes...I just don't think we'd go...plus my tummy and ice cream don'tn like each other much anymore :sick:

looking forward to more...but take care of you and your family be safe :hug:

yellow-flower-mothers-day.gif

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Sorry, I've been MIA! :goodvibes I'm subbed to a lot of threads, it seems, and sometimes I get so tired all I want to do when I'm on the Dis is just read, not comment, necessarily! That's good news about the move. A mini-farm sounds great. We have a move coming up on the horizon, at some point, too, just not sure when... :rotfl:

it's ok, we still want to go back, and so do the boys, and I learned a very important lesson, like most people I think would agree with, future trips will just be our little family

Tell me about it! :lmao: Never again! And I only went with my mom. I can't even imagine trying to manage a larger group.

And, yes, seeing things you missed is all part of the reason we keep going back. But to be honest...I'm sure we'd go back even if we had the most perfect, we did everything we wanted to, trip ever! :lmao:

Beaches and Cream looks yummy...how busy was it when you were there?

Happy Mothers Day!
Just caught up. You have very cute boys. Am enjoying your trip. Good luck with your move. We moved out to the country about 3 1/2 years ago and love it. Well at least some of us do. Can't wait to hear the rest of your trip.

Well, I could have sworn that I posted something after I got caught up a couple of days ago, but I don't see anything. So anyway....I'm caught up, so feel free to fire away with the next update. :)

Hmmm... I too would have guessed Ghiradelli, but B&C is just as good! :cloud9: So glad that the kids enjoyed their time there- nice to have just your little family getting some fun stuff together. Yeah, the portions are HUGE there- we saw many gigantic things coming out.

next time we will try Ghiradelli, that was the original plan, but couldn't pass up the chance to check out B&C, now a family favorite

Beaches & Cream looks like so much fun!! Hopefully we'll be able to stop in for a treat in November.

I hope you do, the kids had such a great time there

Joining in! Luvin your trip report. The Winnie the pooh pics are so cute even if he didn't want to be near the character lol

Thanks and :welcome:

me too :goodvibes

I hadn't told my plan for 2012 to my DH yet and when looking over my plans for 2013 he caught a glimpse :sad2: so I need to work on him a bit now:rotfl2:

so glad you enjoyed your evening out and B &C...I know most of the family would enjoy that place too :thumbsup2 but poor NR unless they have fancy soy ice cream sundaes...I just don't think we'd go...plus my tummy and ice cream don'tn like each other much anymore :sick:

looking forward to more...but take care of you and your family be safe :hug:

That was an original concern too, but since Jack broke the diet and was doing ok, we figured why not, but I'm sure if you call in advance they can have something ready for NR so as to not feel left out

yellow-flower-mothers-day.gif

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

thanks

b7df996d.jpg

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

thanks, hope you had a nice one too

Sorry, I've been MIA! :goodvibes I'm subbed to a lot of threads, it seems, and sometimes I get so tired all I want to do when I'm on the Dis is just read, not comment, necessarily! That's good news about the move. A mini-farm sounds great. We have a move coming up on the horizon, at some point, too, just not sure when... :rotfl:

Tell me about it! :lmao: Never again! And I only went with my mom. I can't even imagine trying to manage a larger group.

And, yes, seeing things you missed is all part of the reason we keep going back. But to be honest...I'm sure we'd go back even if we had the most perfect, we did everything we wanted to, trip ever! :lmao:

Beaches and Cream looks yummy...how busy was it when you were there?

It's ok, I get the same way sometimes

it wasn't busy at all, we walked up and walked right in, it is a smallerish place, and we went after dinner time so I'm sure that had something to do with it. The take out area was busy the whole time we were there.

Happy Mothers Day!
Just caught up. You have very cute boys. Am enjoying your trip. Good luck with your move. We moved out to the country about 3 1/2 years ago and love it. Well at least some of us do. Can't wait to hear the rest of your trip.

Thanks and :welcome:

Well, I could have sworn that I posted something after I got caught up a couple of days ago, but I don't see anything. So anyway....I'm caught up, so feel free to fire away with the next update. :)

I think it's the DIS :rotfl2: I know I have posted before only to find my posts missing, haha

update coming soon

we sadly did end up having to evacuate our home, it is not flooded, but the streets for us to get anywhere are, so we have been getting settled into a temporary extended stay place until the flood waters go down enough to allow us to return home. In the meantime I have a lot less space to clean and have now been catching up on all I missed and should have an update written and posted by tomorrow :goodvibes We are in very good spirits and feeling very lucky

Hey Jessica! UGH! so sorry you ended up having to evacuate! What a pain- but like you say, you are so blessed to have your home not under water! Glad you have a cozy place to stay until things get dried out and access is better. And just think... less space to clean, means more DISsing time, right? ;)

we sadly did end up having to evacuate our home, it is not flooded, but the streets for us to get anywhere are, so we have been getting settled into a temporary extended stay place until the flood waters go down enough to allow us to return home. In the meantime I have a lot less space to clean and have now been catching up on all I missed and should have an update written and posted by tomorrow :goodvibes We are in very good spirits and feeling very lucky

I'm sorry to hear that. Enjoy having more time to spend on these boards and I look forward to reading the next update :)

Hoorah for Beaches N Cream! Those sundaes looks so yummy! sounds like a great evening.

I just stayed at the Beach Club and loved it! The customer service was better than any place else I've stayed (if that is possible).

Your boys look so cute sleeping in the stroller after their AK day!

Sorry to hear about the evacuation. I hope things are moving along OK.

Hey Jessica! UGH! so sorry you ended up having to evacuate! What a pain- but like you say, you are so blessed to have your home not under water! Glad you have a cozy place to stay until things get dried out and access is better. And just think... less space to clean, means more DISsing time, right? ;)

Exactly more time for DISing, well that is when I can use my computer, I've been letting the kids watch netflix and disney shows on my computer since this place doesn't have Disney Channel:scared1: I think that has been one of the hardest things for us since it is part of the routine when I'm cooking dinner and for Jack to unwind afterschool

I'm sorry to hear that. Enjoy having more time to spend on these boards and I look forward to reading the next update :)

thanks, life happens, and like I said we know we are so lucky

Hoorah for Beaches N Cream! Those sundaes looks so yummy! sounds like a great evening.

I just stayed at the Beach Club and loved it! The customer service was better than any place else I've stayed (if that is possible).

Your boys look so cute sleeping in the stroller after their AK day!

I believe it, the Beach Club was gorgeous and looked like a very nice place to stay.

Thanks, that stroller is their "safe" place and they hide and sleep in it regularly

Sorry to hear about the evacuation. I hope things are moving along OK.

Thanks we are settled now just waiting to go home when the waters lower, the first day which is over was the hardest

update coming....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter